Leave of absence, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chambers

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm currently an undergrad student and thinking about taking a leave of absence during this semester.
I already have a required LOA for a semester since I did not take enough academic credits prior to that semester:((did not no that I got a required LOA until I came back to campus since I had no internet connection over break, so was not able to petition), and during that first LOA I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
This is my first semester back in campus and I'm still having trouble with my mental health which also is hurting my grades right now, so I'm trying to take a leave of absence. I was wondering what LOA should I process - a personal(no conditions imposed), conditional(for students who wish to take a leave but are not in good academic standing, or for students who wish to take a leave during the current semester) or health LOA. Seems like a personal LOA would be best, but I doubt that I will be able to take it so it'll be either a conditional or a health LOA. I was worrying that taking a health LOA due to mental illness would hurt my chances as a pre med student. It already seems like my dream of becoming a doctor is half gone with that required LOA, but still...

Members don't see this ad.