LECOM Acceptances, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wbadb

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from LECOM in the past couple of weeks? I interviewed several, and I do mean several, weeks ago and have heard nothing.
Thanks for any input!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from them two weeks after my interview (which was in November). I think you should call them if you haven't heard anything. Maybe the letter got lost in the mail.

i talked to nicole in admissions yesterday and she said they are extremely behind....i interviewed a month ago and she said my file hasn't been reviewed yet....

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been 5 weeks since my interview and I also have not heard anything.

i am a MS-1 at LECOM. if anyone has any questions about LECOM or living in lame ole erie, pa feel free to email [email protected]

I interviewed there on March 1st and got a letter about 3 weeks later saying that I was put into an "alternate" list. Better than a rejection I suppose. Here's hoping for the best.

I interviewed beginning of February. Received letter of alternate status March 18th. They said they were interviewing until the end of March. Hopefully, we will hear something (Good news, that is :) ) soon.

I interviewed at LECOM Jan. 16th, and I found out I was on the alternate list about a week ago. They had a problem receiving my letters but I also think theyre a bit slow in their response times.

it is my opinion that LECOM has about 70% of its class picked by december.....don't quote me on that though.....

Thanks for the response everyone. Just have to keep waiting I guess. Good luck to all alternates. I hear that a lot of changing around goes on as it gets closer to start date. There definately is still hope.

Just to let all of the people on the alternate list know, I will soon be giving up my spot at LECOM, because I decided to attend elsewhere. So, one of the alternates will get my spot.

AnnaA, where are you going instead? How did you come to the decision?

I am going to MSUCOM. I really liked LECOM, but I am a Michigan resident, so I am going to MSUCOM for financial reasons. I will also be a lot closer to my family. It was a tough decision (esp. with the 1500 nonrefundable deposit I put down before MSU asked me to interview) because LECOM is a great school. I really liked it there. I just think that MSU will be better for me in the long run.

AnnaA,
I was just wondering if you were accepted into an alternative pathway or not. I really want PBL, but have heard that it has been full for a while.
thanks for any Info.

Sorry, I was accepted into the lecture pathway. I thought that the other pathways looked great, but I learn best in a lecture format.

wbadb,

I don't know if this would help or not, but I did end up turning down the PBL pathway in favor of the LBP. Like AnnaA, I thought it was a great pathway, but I realized I did study better with the more structured traditional way especially after being out of school for a year. Hope you get in the pathway you want!

I dropped my seat so hopefully someone will get it.