LECOM-B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anatomicalagb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview in February at the Bradenton campus and was wondering if there were any current students or applicants that had anything to say about the school/interview process positive or negative?

Members don't see this ad.

The interview process is pretty chill. It's a group interview where you basically just have to show that you're a normal person who respects other's right to talk as well as your own, and then a one-on-one interview that lasts ~5 minutes where you'll basically just answer "why medicine/why DO/why LECOM" or some sort of variation on that.

Reactions: 1 users
The interview process is pretty chill. It's a group interview where you basically just have to show that you're a normal person who respects other's right to talk as well as your own, and then a one-on-one interview that lasts ~5 minutes where you'll basically just answer "why medicine/why DO/why LECOM" or some sort of variation on that.
Have you been accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at LECOM in Bradenton a few years back. I agree with FL Doctorgirl that it was a pretty chill process overall. I eventually went on to GA-PCOM though. Good luck on your interview.

How would you rate LECOM? I heard pretty bad things from it
At least for LECOM-B, it takes a very specific type of student to do well because of the PBL curriculum. However, it is conducive to board studying because you have hardly any time in class and the rest of the day to study for exams/boards. I have heard their rotations are not so great, but they are consistently among the highest with respect to COMLEX scores.

I have an interview this summer and I’m between LECOM and PBA. Which one is better? I’ve heard LECOM is not very good and has a cheap curriculum, education

I have an interview this summer and I’m between LECOM and PBA. Which one is better? I’ve heard LECOM is not very good and has a cheap curriculum, education
Im not familiar with PBA so I can't make a real comparison about that, but the performance at any DO school is largely dependent on the student. The education aspect can be good/bad depending on how you spin it. The rotations are really not great, so that could be regarded as a "cheap education", and can be a deal breaker for some people. On the other hand, the 30k tuition and PBL curriculum are serious pros for a student who can learn well on his/her own and obviously can produce great COMLEX scores, so it wouldn't be a cheap education in that respect. I would evaluate the kind of student you are (e.g learns best on his/her own, which would be good for PBL, or learns best when the information is taught in a classroom setting (better for traditional curriculums)) and make your decision based on which school will be the best fit for you. You can still come back from poor rotation quality, but poor board scores are a much larger hill to climb.

Well I’m talking about Pharm School so I think I should select the most affordable, better one.