LECOM Bradenton Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a interview invite for 4/21. I hope that is not too late.

Members don't see this ad.

When I say inexpensive, I mean in comparison to other schools of pharmacy across the country, not just Texas. For many states, 100k over 4 years is one of the most affordable options available. Keep in mind that most people are only eligible for in-state tuition in one state.

I'm curious as to why you applied if you knew you weren't coming. Texas has a slew of pharmacy schools, almost all of which are cheaper than LECOM. And some that are both cheaper and less competitive than LECOM.

The ones that are considered less competitive are private schools. If I have to pay private school tuition, then I would like to experience something other than Texas, that's why.

got a interview invite for 4/21. I hope that is not too late.

samven582:
Can you please tell me when you submitted your application and your stats?? They are still processing my application and i havent gotten and interview yet..

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
samven582:
Can you please tell me when you submitted your application and your stats?? They are still processing my application and i havent gotten and interview yet..

Thank you

i'm in your same boat

Henry--do you know the last day of interviews? Thanks.

You need 100k in tuition alone at LECOM. How is that not expensive? I plan on going to state school and spend 100k-120k the most for tuition and living expenses

If you want to get out of your state LECOM is a perfect option. Who wouldn't want to move to FL anyway? Pharmacology on the beach anyone? LOL. Much cheaper than other out of state/private institutions.

So far, LECOM Bradenton (separate from Erie) has received a little over 2000 applications (it's past LECOM's deadline but PharmCAS is still processing applications submitted before 3/1/11). 114 of those applicants have been accepted (16 seats left). The avg. GPA of accepted students is 3.4. Over 80% have completed at least 3 years of college course work and a little over 50% have bachelor's degrees. I don't know how many accepted applicants took the PCAT and I don't know the average PCAT score. The wait list is filling up but I don't know how many applicants are on it so far. Based on last year's data, it will likely grow to approx. 100. The top third are anticipated to be awarded acceptances.

I hope this helps and good luck to you!

I have an interview on 4/7. How many people are invited to these admissions interview sessions? If you are claiming there are only 16 seats left for the fall class it seems pretty futile. Is the information you are providing from a credible source?

I have an interview on 4/7. How many people are invited to these admissions interview sessions? If you are claiming there are only 16 seats left for the fall class it seems pretty futile. Is the information you are providing from a credible source?

I got my info. from the office of admissions but it never hurts to verify for yourself. Feel free to call admissions anytime, they are all very friendly. Keep in mind that this data changes frequently throughout the admissions cycle.

I don't think it would hurt to interview. Plenty of my classmates interviewed after 4/7, but in the end, you got to do what's best for you.

Good luck.

I got my info. from the office of admissions but it never hurts to verify for yourself. Feel free to call admissions anytime, they are all very friendly. Keep in mind that this data changes frequently throughout the admissions cycle.

I don't think it would hurt to interview. Plenty of my classmates interviewed after 4/7, but in the end, you got to do what's best for you.

Good luck.
Can you answer my pm?

I just got an email invitation to interview on 4/7. I'm extremely happy to be interviewing. LECOM is one of my top choices!:D

can everybody with an interview/or got accepted post thier stats

GPA
PCAT
BACHELOR VS. NO BACHELOR

bachelor

interview 3/24

I received an email from LECOM-B on 2/16/11 informing me that they will process my application and send me a username and PW. I am nervous now because I have not been contacted. Do I need to be hopeful that they will still contact me, or better still do i still have any chance of been admitted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email from LECOM-B on 2/16/11 informing me that they will process my application and send me a username and PW. I am nervous now because I have not been contacted. Do I need to be hopeful that they will still contact me, or better still do i still have any chance of been admitted?

I received the same email and it took about a month for them to send a username/password email. After that, just check to make sure that they have all of your LOR, classes taken, etc... via the online portal. They were missing stuff from me, but I called them and got it all cleared up. My file went to be reviewed the next day and I got an email invite to interview about a week later. Don't lose hope yet.

Thanks very much for the information. You are appreciated!!!

I received the same email and it took about a month for them to send a username/password email. After that, just check to make sure that they have all of your LOR, classes taken, etc... via the online portal. They were missing stuff from me, but I called them and got it all cleared up. My file went to be reviewed the next day and I got an email invite to interview about a week later. Don't lose hope yet.

question:....if they accepted the 130 people and like 20 already accepted will they fill those 20 seats right away or will they wait to rank the reserve list then fill them?

question:....if they accepted the 130 people and like 20 already accepted will they fill those 20 seats right away or will they wait to rank the reserve list then fill them?

From what I've read so far, they will wait until all of the interviews are done. Then they will rank the waitlisters, 1 - ?. Then they will fill seats as they become open from one to who-knows. I could be wrong, but it's just what I've read on here.

what i'm getting from that is like, the day after they rank us they will accept like 20 right away...like from the people that have already declined up to this point!?

Are you asking if they will accept more people now with current interviews to fill the vacant spots that have been given up or will they just accept the same amount they were planning on, and just fill up the vacancies given up with the alternate list students?

I wonder that myself. To be fair, they should only accept people off the alternate list for spots given up even if interviews are still being held.
If that's not the case, people should wait until interviews are over to give up their spot :D

Are you asking if they will accept more people now with current interviews to fill the vacant spots that have been given up or will they just accept the same amount they were planning on, and just fill up the vacancies given up with the alternate list students?

I wonder that myself. To be fair, they should only accept people off the alternate list for spots given up even if interviews are still being held.
If that's not the case, people should wait until interviews are over to give up their spot :D

yes...that is what I was asking...i have an interview on 3/24...i want to know if I'm interviewing for 8 remaining seat or perhaps more...

I'm pretty confident I'm going to get in but i want to know if I should be expecting to be waitlisted....

I don't think they rank the wait list until early June, so that's a lot of waiting around...

I don't see why they wouldn't fill those early rejecting seats during the interview time span though....most likely they will grant 130 CURRENT admission offers by the end of the interview dates and THEN accept waitlist as they get rejections....

otherwise, they would be accepting 80 people the first day they rank the list (from all the rejections given during the entire interview process) and then is not happening.....

random number....

but it's realistic...a lot of people that are offered seats to programs percentage wise turn it down....

i have a question, i already accept to LECOM and they said i have to finish 1 class with a C or better, which i think i will, but i want to drop the other class i'm taking right now, and not require by LECOM, i just wondering is that going to affect anything with my acceptance when my final transcript get some W in it?

i have a question, i already accept to LECOM and they said i have to finish 1 class with a C or better, which i think i will, but i want to drop the other class i'm taking right now, and not require by LECOM, i just wondering is that going to affect anything with my acceptance when my final transcript get some W in it?

You'll have to message Lauren Bewley to find out. I'm not going to say no and then give you false hope. Have you applied anywhere else?

You'll have to message Lauren Bewley to find out. I'm not going to say no and then give you false hope. Have you applied anywhere else?

yes, i have couple of school want an interview, but i decline most of them except NOVA, and i'm still undecided between LECOM and NOVA, and i don't want to take some of the class i'm taking right now because i want to relax before going to pharm school.

i am....

i haven't heard anybody saying they have been accepted recently so i think we are interviewing for wait list seats at this point

I received an invitation for an interview on 4/7. I am having mixed feelings right now, very nervous and excited at the same time. I was wondering if those students who have already been interviewed can give me and the other prospective interviewees some pointers on what to expect. I have already read over some of the questions posted here but I just want to know how are the school staff and prof. or that there are precautions we should be aware of lol. I will greatly appreciate any response. Thanks!

I just finished reading the interview feedback section for LECOM-Bradenton and I came up with a few questions for those of you that have already interviewed there.

1) Is it a one-on-one interview or is there multiple interviewers at one time?

2) How many prospective students were interviewing the day you were there?

3) What was the typical attire for the applicants?

4) Is there a written portion of the interview process?

Thanks in advance for any input. :thumbup:

I just finished reading the interview feedback section for LECOM-Bradenton and I came up with a few questions for those of you that have already interviewed there.

1) Is it a one-on-one interview or is there multiple interviewers at one time?

2) How many prospective students were interviewing the day you were there?

3) What was the typical attire for the applicants?

4) Is there a written portion of the interview process?

Thanks in advance for any input. :thumbup:

1) The interview was one-on-one. The interview portion was 30 minutes.

2) There were about 20-25 others being interviewed in my morning session.

3) All were dressed in professional attire- Suits for guys and girls in either dress suit or skirts.

4) There is a written portion only if you have not taken the PCAT.

Good Luck!

So far, LECOM Bradenton (separate from Erie) has received a little over 2000 applications (it's past LECOM's deadline but PharmCAS is still processing applications submitted before 3/1/11). 114 of those applicants have been accepted (16 seats left). The avg. GPA of accepted students is 3.4. Over 80% have completed at least 3 years of college course work and a little over 50% have bachelor's degrees. I don't know how many accepted applicants took the PCAT and I don't know the average PCAT score. The wait list is filling up but I don't know how many applicants are on it so far. Based on last year's data, it will likely grow to approx. 100. The top third are anticipated to be awarded acceptances.

I hope this helps and good luck to you!

an update as to how many seats may still be open would be delightful! :)

Hi everyone!
I have a question regarding travelling.
I have an interview at LECOM on 4/7 and another interview at NOVA on 4/12.
I come from California so I want to finish two interviews in one trip.
What's a good travel plan for me? How should I travel from one school to another?
Should I book a round trip flight ticket?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone!
I have a question regarding travelling.
I have an interview at LECOM on 4/7 and another interview at NOVA on 4/12.
I come from California so I want to finish two interviews in one trip.
What's a good travel plan for me? How should I travel from one school to another?
Should I book a round trip flight ticket?
Thanks in advance :)

buy whatever's cheaper....i would hit up the sarasota interview...stay a night or two..go to siesta key*great beach* then go down to ft. laud two nights early....get comfortable in the area...then go to interview there...

How much is the deposit to hold a seat at LECOM-B if you are accepted? I can't find that info anywhere on their website. Thanks!

Hey guys! I was accepted and I just declined my seat so thats 1 more open seat for someone else. Just wanted to let you guys know. Even if you are on the waitlist you still have a really good chance!

Hey guys! I was accepted and I just declined my seat so thats 1 more open seat for someone else. Just wanted to let you guys know. Even if you are on the waitlist you still have a really good chance!

Thank you! ;):D

what were your stats ect... when you got excepted?

gpa
pcat
extracurricular
experience

thanks man!

Personally I think renting a car for 5-6 days, driving about 3.5 hrs to NOVA and back to Bradenton is kinda too much+expensive for me (gas price is up the roof @_@). I would suggest you to check this website out: cheaptickets.com. I think it has pretty good price and you can choose multi-cities option which allows you to go from CA --> Bradenton(interview then leave from SQR airport) --> Nova (interview then leave from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport) --> CA.

I'm sure there're many sites that you can book tickets cheaper, this is just the one I usually use. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I use cheaptickets.com too and I think this is a good website compared to others. it is weird that a one way flight from sarasota to FLL is $2xx while a one way flight from FLL to orange county is only $99..If it is my only option then I will probably have to take that...:(

Hey guys,
So I read some of this post, and I see some of you are medical student hopefuls and some are pharm student hopefuls. I'm almost a third year med student at LECOM and I interviewed really late (mid-April) so dont lose hope! (You'll love LECOM when you get here btw, its such a great school).

Also! I am going up north for my clinical rotations at the end of May, but I am stuck in my lease until July 31. I live in the nicest apartment comlex that LECOM recommends for its students, so I'm trying to sublet my place. You would have the option of renewing the lease at the end of July too. Its an 800 square foot, one bedroom apartment with two walk in closets, and I'm giving it to my renter for $500 a month, including utilities. (I actually pay $749 a month, but I really need to fill the room so I'm discounting the price for you). Let me know if you're interested! You could move in June 1. (You'd need to be clean, respectful, etc).

Thanks! I use cheaptickets.com too and I think this is a good website compared to others. it is weird that a one way flight from sarasota to FLL is $2xx while a one way flight from FLL to orange county is only $99..If it is my only option then I will probably have to take that...:(

The reason for that is that it is not a very traveled route so the more specific you get, the more you have to pay. The same concept holds for mostly anything. The best way from Sarasota to Ft. Laud would be through bus, since you are probably not 25 and can't rent a car in like 48 states. So, Greyhound would probably be the most expensive, but the only one with that route. Or MAYBE, go on an adventure and hitchhike! Maybe even rob a horse and ride all the way to south florida! :laugh::D

How are you all doing I know most of you have probably already been accepted and are experience in the field. I am currently a UF Graduate Student and my masters is in Clinical, forensic toxicology with a dual degree on drug Chemistry from UF; My Graduate GPA is 3.6 and my undergraduate is 3.2. I know that sound good but I only got a 63 on the PCAT :scared:!!! I had just had surgery and was so tired by the end. I have some good work experience as a pharmtech for a vet pharmacy supplier for 2 years and recommendation letters from the MD director of that company and a UF Vet School professor. SO Do you guys think I have a realistic Chance to get in at this point I applied back in January but UF told me application was only processed until march!

plz, does anybody know Lauren Bewley's email address? They received my pharmcas application on 2/16/11 but I have not heard from them since.

hey guys...so i interviewed last week with LECOM and today my portal changed from "thank u for interviewing with us" to "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made." does this mean bad thing or good thing? did anyone have this? does this message lean more toward ACCEPTANCE or REJECTION? please help me...any answer is appreciated.