LECOM-Bradenton Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShyRem

I need more coffee.
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For discussion of the school noted above. This includes interview dates, questions, etc. Threads will be merged in here if they are created on their own.

Members don't see this ad.

AACOMAS sent my application to them on 6/18/2010. No news till now.
Any one else applied to LECOM-Bradenton.
when Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - Bradenton will be sending out secondaries?

Haven't heard from them either yet. Hope so soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a secondary on Friday afternoon. My primary was released 6/7. Hope this helps! :)

Were there any essay prompts for the secondary? Or was it like Erie/Seton Hill.

There were no essays. There were a few demographic pull-down menu type of questions and an electronic payment. From what I have read from the LECOM-E/SH thread, it appears to be similar.

One less set of essays to write I suppose.

Good luck everyone!:luck:

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

A) Probably not a good sign

B) How nerve-wracking!

Aw mine still says Supplemental App not received even though I sent it yesterday. I'm guessing it just takes a day or two to update since I've been charged.

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

B) How nerve-wracking!

Wow, quick TAT. I agree with "B", and think you're probably just being cynical with "A". GL!

Wow. That is early to be making decisions, especially since they're still apparently finalizing the class of 2014. They have been inconsistent with the status as it's shown on the portal before, and that may be all that's going on. Good luck to all of you.

Simplest Secondary possible.
All secondaries should be like this one.

B) How nerve-wracking!

Could go either way. I will say that the ADCOMs at LECOM-B were the fastest that I dealt with last year. My application file was complete on a Wednesday, got an interview invite that Thursday, interview the following Monday, and accepted the next Tuesday (1 week from my file being complete). I couldn't believe how fast it went! Good luck to all those applying!

When I login to the LECOM portal and click on Admisisons --> Required Letters and Credits --> View Folder Items it says that "fall grades when complete" is my one requirement I have not met. Does this really mean they want to see my Fall 2010 grades before making a decision, or does anyone elses portal say this too?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I login to the LECOM portal and click on Admisisons --> Required Letters and Credits --> View Folder Items it says that "fall grades when complete" is my one requirement I have not met. Does this really mean they want to see my Fall 2010 grades before making a decision, or does anyone elses portal say this too?

Are you missing any pre-reqs? Or maybe scheduled to take a pre-req in the fall?

Are you missing any pre-reqs? Or maybe scheduled to take a pre-req in the fall?

Nope, definitely not missing any, it says I have met all of those requirements. I'm in grad school anyways so I finished my prereqs over a year ago.

I totally already posted this in the wrong LECOM thread... This is much too confusing.

I got an interview invite call today! Woot! They have August 23rd and 27th available. The flood gates have opened! :)

I totally already posted this in the wrong LECOM thread... This is much too confusing.

I got an interview invite call today! Woot! They have August 23rd and 27th available. The flood gates have opened! :)
CONGRATS!!!

i'm so jealous. damn MCAT retake in july is holding my file back right now.

do we have to use the letter forms that show up under the admission requirements? I had my letter writers send their letters before I even knew about these forms. Hopefully there is nothing wrong if they are not included with the actual letter. :D

interview invite this morning!!! woot! Aug the 23rd and Aug the 27th available interview days! I am so thrilled!!

interview invite this morning!!! woot! Aug the 23rd and Aug the 27th available interview days! I am so thrilled!!

Congrats!! When were you complete, if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats!! When were you complete, if you don't mind me asking?

I received an e-mail that my suppl. application was processed on June the 25th.
you'll get an interview invite soon, don't worry
Good luck to you all!!!

Thanks!!! Aww don't be jealous! You will get interviews soon enough!

I picked August the 27th as well, it is the only day that fits my work schedule. I guess I'll meet you there at the interview, Noshie!

INTERVIEW INVITE AUGUST 23rd!!!! anyone else get that date?

Wow! We all picked the same day so far! 27th! So cool that we are actually going to be in the same interview group... It would be even cooler if we all get in and become classmates! :) I think before the interview we need to get in touch and swap where we are staying and how we are getting there. I feel kind of weird going all the way out there by myself, and I have no idea where I am going to stay or how I am going to actually get to the school. I don't want to rent a car for less than 24 hours!

Wow! We all picked the same day so far! 27th! So cool that we are actually going to be in the same interview group... It would be even cooler if we all get in and become classmates! :) I think before the interview we need to get in touch and swap where we are staying and how we are getting there. I feel kind of weird going all the way out there by myself, and I have no idea where I am going to stay or how I am going to actually get to the school. I don't want to rent a car for less than 24 hours!

hey, Noshie,
did you get the e-mail that they said they are going to send us after the phone call invitation? I did not get mine yet but I guess I need to be more patient because I just got the phone call this morning...

hey, Noshie,
did you get the e-mail that they said they are going to send us after the phone call invitation? I did not get mine yet but I guess I need to be more patient because I just got the phone call this morning...

I got it yesterday. Want me to email it to you? Just message me your email...

It took them around 4 hours to email mine though. It doesnt have as much information as I would have liked! No schedule of events listed!

I got it yesterday. Want me to email it to you? Just message me your email...

It took them around 4 hours to email mine though. It doesnt have as much information as I would have liked! No schedule of events listed!

Never mind, Noshie! I just got the e-mail from Bradenton!! Isn't that amazing? I thought they forgot about sending me the e-mail and now I just got it.
and yeah, there is not a lot of information coming with it...it doesn't bother me though. We will figure out what is what until the interview day. There are 2 months left until then (plenty of time).

Add one more to the 27th! It's going to be a busy day, sounds like lots of people are picking it over the 23rd. :)

Add one more to the 27th! It's going to be a busy day, sounds like lots of people are picking it over the 23rd. :)

Awesome! We should all go out to dinner the night before or something...

Congrats on all of your interviews :)

Do any of you have this message under Requirements not met?

Advanced Placement Trans

I have absolutely no idea what to do about that...

will LECOM-Bradenton send me its own email to fill out their secondary? I got Erie's this morning but no word from Bradenton yet.

will LECOM-Bradenton send me its own email to fill out their secondary? I got Erie's this morning but no word from Bradenton yet.

Their admissions processes are completely independent of each other. So yes, LECOM-B will send its own secondary.

Advanced Placement Trans

I have absolutely no idea what to do about that...

Did you take AP classes in high school that you used to opt out of any pre-reqs? They might be looking for your AP test scores in that case.

Anybody that has to fly down looked at airfare yet? I'm having a difficult time putting together something cheap. Getting to Tampa isn't that bad but the transportation to Bradenton wipes out any savings and the cheap airlines don't seem to fly to Sarasota

I'm flying to Tampa and renting a car. It comes out to be about the same, but there were a lot more options traveling via Tampa, so I could get better departure/arrival times. There are discounts for travel, including rental cars on the SOMA website.

Feel free to PM if you want specifics :0)

Just got my interview call today!! :D

Anyone know for LECOM-B what the letter of rec specifics are?

Just got my interview call today!! :D

Anyone know for LECOM-B what the letter of rec specifics are?

Logon to the LECOM Portal, click Admissions, and in the right hand column it has the requirements.

I just got an interview! So excited!! :)

Did you take AP classes in high school that you used to opt out of any pre-reqs? They might be looking for your AP test scores in that case.

Anybody that has to fly down looked at airfare yet? I'm having a difficult time putting together something cheap. Getting to Tampa isn't that bad but the transportation to Bradenton wipes out any savings and the cheap airlines don't seem to fly to Sarasota

its weird tho because Erie doesnt need it :confused:

Got an Interview call today as well!!

I was only offered Sept. 7th, 8th, and 10th.

Anyone else have those dates?

We should figure out who all is going to be at the same interview. I'm just going to look at my date :p I might be missing someone because people were posting both here and in the secondaries thread. IIRC last year they only had about 12 per interview so SDNers are going to make up over 1/2 of the interview day. Also, the physiology professor is on SDN somewhere its physiology something is his username. He'll tell us at the interview so watch what you say ;)

August 27th
ChemMed
DbDan
Noshie
simodk
PeachyPhD
Iamabanana

interview invite!! :)

Sept 1st!

anyone else for the 1st??

just booked my flight to the bradenton airport. still debating whether to rent a car or not, its costing me about $200 for 2 days. anyone else find cheaper rates?

p.s. im under 25 so the extra fees from the rental company are killin mee
:(

interview invite!! :)

Sept 1st!

anyone else for the 1st??

just booked my flight to the bradenton airport. still debating whether to rent a car or not, its costing me about $200 for 2 days. anyone else find cheaper rates?

p.s. im under 25 so the extra fees from the rental company are killin mee
:(

Are you a AAA member? Check through them or through your insurance company, occassionally you can get the under 25 fee waived and get a discount. I have USAA and i've got one reserved for $30/day through them and I'm under 25

We should figure out who all is going to be at the same interview. I'm just going to look at my date :p I might be missing someone because people were posting both here and in the secondaries thread. IIRC last year they only had about 12 per interview so SDNers are going to make up over 1/2 of the interview day. Also, the physiology professor is on SDN somewhere its physiology something is his username. He'll tell us at the interview so watch what you say ;)

August 27th
ChemMed
DbDan
Noshie
simodk
PeachyPhD
Iamabanana

Awesome! We need to hang out with you, you seem to be the only one that knows what the heck is going on! Haha. I bet we are all staying at the same hotel too, it was the cheapest one on their list of hotels with discounts, the first one on the list I believe. I’m super excited about this interview...