LECOM Bradenton MMS Program 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, unfortunately I was rejected but good luck to everyone still applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, unfortunately I was rejected but good luck to everyone still applying!
Sorry to hear that, do you mind sharing your stats, so I can see kind of what to expect that I should be applying with?

For those of you who applied/accepted, did you guys write a long personal statement when it asked why you wanted to attend on the application? I thought it was supposed to be a little blurb short and sweet about what attracts you to their program, but I just read something different and am hoping I didn't think about this the wrong way and was supposed to write a long personal statement.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who applied/accepted, did you guys write a long personal statement when it asked why you wanted to attend on the application? I thought it was supposed to be a little blurb short and sweet about what attracts you to their program, but I just read something different and am hoping I didn't think about this the wrong way and was supposed to write a long personal statement.

I wrote a pretty long one from what I remember! A page and a half maybe?

Last edited:

I wrote a long one, prob about the same length as a PS I would submit for medical school. Maybe you can call the school and see if you can edit your application?

Has anybody had a hard time getting their folder completed after sending in all of their materials?

Has anybody had a hard time getting their folder completed after sending in all of their materials?

Yeah, I have sent in almost all of my materials but they haven’t been updated. I think it said it can take a couple weeks to be inputted manually.

Hi guys, if any of you applied to both MMS-Erie and Bradenton, did you send in the same essay to both?

Yes, it still says my official transcripts were not sent in even though Ms. Taylor says that she has received mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted a few months ago. I was looking for the matriculation packet to be sent in the mail. Ms. Taylor said they were revising the packet and would be sending it in the mail soon. Has anyone received this yet?

Reactions: 1 user
This might be the only program I'm applying to that seems to want physical LOR's instead of having them emailed. Anybody know if they take them through email or if since I applied to the DO program already the LOR's can be accessed by them already?

This might be the only program I'm applying to that seems to want physical LOR's instead of having them emailed. Anybody know if they take them through email or if since I applied to the DO program already the LOR's can be accessed by them already?
They should be able to obtain your LOR's from your previous AACOMAS application.

Did anyone get accepted or denied with just 1 science letter? Or sent 1 science and 1 doctor? Im having trouble getting the 2nd letter in time.

I was accepted a few months ago. I was looking for the matriculation packet to be sent in the mail. Ms. Taylor said they were revising the packet and would be sending it in the mail soon. Has anyone received this yet?

Nope. Still waiting as well. I am anxious to start it - I need all of the boosters. Argh.

Anyone start a FB yet? If you do, let me know. :)

Reactions: 1 users
They should be able to obtain your LOR's from your previous AACOMAS application.

Did anyone get accepted or denied with just 1 science letter? Or sent 1 science and 1 doctor? Im having trouble getting the 2nd letter in time.

I’m having the same problem. My second said by April 1st, so hopefully that won’t be too late in the cycle.

Hi everyone, I didn't see a thread for the new application cycle this year so I though I would make one. I actually recently received my acceptance letter and still deciding whether to attend.

I was wondering if anyone is currently in the program or been through the program can share their experience with the program, how the campus/nearby area is, and the type of teaching style?

Hi, I just recently applied and the status on my application says "official letter in the mail within 10 days" What should I expect? Is this a rejection?

Hope that they can retrieve them from my AACOMAS.

Anybody know who to email in regards to making sure they retrieved my LOR's as well as my resume?

Mine changed Tuesday and said thirty days, but I think that’s because I’m out of state. Are you from Florida? Also, it does not mean a rejection! It’s just how they communicate their decision @barcelona4lyfe

Last edited:
When they ask for a photo ID, is that just a driver's license? Or more of a professional head shot picture?

Where is everyone planing on living?

Hope that they can retrieve them from my AACOMAS.

Anybody know who to email in regards to making sure they retrieved my LOR's as well as my resume?
They were able to get mine from my AACOMAS, so I think you should be okay but you can call or email someone to verify.

Is anybody currently waiting for their letter to come? It’s been over a week so far

Yes someone start a facebook, I also got accepted this past tuesday:)

Mine changed Tuesday and said thirty days, but I think that’s because I’m out of state. Are you from Florida? Also, it does not mean a rejection! It’s just how they communicate their decision @barcelona4lyfe

I dont know why I am seeing this now, it was an acceptance

Is any one us allowed to just start one, because I would totally do it, I dont see one at the moment anywhere

You are allowed to start one on your own. We also use GroupMe to share info like tidbits of information we got from professors via email or what’s going on around town if you are sick of studying.

You are allowed to start one on your own. We also use GroupMe to share info like tidbits of information we got from professors via email or what’s going on around town if you are sick of studying.

Okay so I am going to start one then Thank you!! I just didnt know if I would get in trouble or something so I asked

Okay so I am going to start one then Thank you!! I just didnt know if I would get in trouble or something so I asked

No problem! I will say no matter what don’t be stupid about what you talk about in a group. People like to take screen shots when conversations get out of hand and who knows who ends up receiving the pictures later. Keep the page light and fun and you will be fine.

No problem! I will say no matter what don’t be stupid about what you talk about in a group. People like to take screen shots when conversations get out of hand and who knows who ends up receiving the pictures later. Keep the page light and fun and you will be fine.

Definitely, thank you will remember that

Anyone start a FB yet? If you do, let me know. :)

I am starting one, however for me to create it, I need a facebook of one member who was accepted before creating the group so if you want , pm me so I can add you!

They were able to get mine from my AACOMAS, so I think you should be okay but you can call or email someone to verify.
Any idea who I could email or call to get that checked?

I received mine this past week! Did you get yours yet?

Where is everyone planing on living?
I am looking for a one bedroom! Not sure where to choose yet, most places are telling me to wait until May because they are unsure of availability right now :/

Quick question for anybody whose gone through the application process!

I just got the email saying my application has been processed, but in my folder it says I am missing one Pre-Health committee letter.

But the requirements from the email I received from them state

"In order to be accepted into the MMS program for the 2019-2020 academic year, applicants must submit to LECOM prior to June 1, 2019:
  • One letter of recommendation from either a prehealth/premed committee or a science professor from the applicant's undergraduate/graduate school."
I submitted 3 letters (1 from science professor, and 2 from physicians I shadowed), is that not enough?

Hey everyone! I have just recently been accepted to the MMS program. If anyone is interested in getting a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment close to campus message me.

Hey everyone! I have just recently been accepted to the MMS program. If anyone is interested in getting a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment close to campus message me.
Congratulations on your acceptance! I was just wondering when your portal changed saying you would get your letter and when you received the letter! Are you out of state?

Congratulations on your acceptance! I was just wondering when your portal changed saying you would get your letter and when you received the letter! Are you out of state?

It took about a month for my portal to update saying they are mailing the letter, then about 3-5 days to get the letter. I’m also in state.

Hey guys! I submitted my application on 3/17 and on 3/18, it said my application was under review. Does this mean that they have received all my items (LOR, transcript, etc.) or does it not really mean anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.