LECOM Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Spankete87 said:
At my interview I was told it was around 90%.......which makes me wonder. I mean 76 and 90 are very different numbers! :confused:
90%? That's new. I've never heard it being that high. I've heard of 87%, 76%, your 90%, and cabinbuilder's 81.8%. Really, what's the truth here? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I keep reading the "I hate LECOM" thread and it makes me soooooo mad. Every time I read it I say I won't read it again, but it's like a car accident...you just can't look!!! I'm all for freedom of speech/press. Great. Have an opinion, express it. But this guy could have said something along the lines of "I didn't have a good experience at LECOM and for various reasons don't recommend the school" insead of "I hate LECOM, everyone here hates LECOM too, and you'll hate it too and be miserable." uuuugggghhhhh. I really liked the school and especially the profs I interviewd with--they were great. I didn't like admissions (not just their slowness...I found them fairly incompetent too). And it truly was weird that admissions had lunch with us. But admissions won't be teaching us once we get there, right? I guess I'm just annoyed that a lot of what this poster has said has been dispelled by other students. I really would like to know why he has such a big chip on his shoulder. Ok, just had to get that out and see if these posts had stirred up anyones else's feelings of doubt/anger.

By the way....found an absolutely great house in Millcreek...doubt I'll get it though since my husband doesnt have a job in Erie yet, therefore no mortgage :scared: thanks for letting me vent!!! :D

Not to worry everyone! ;)

Just ignore that Steel_City thread. I got caught up in it too, but it's now time to let it die!

Don't let an angry student get your hopes down. I had choices, and I chose LECOM. I'm not about to second guess my decision just because some angry guy thinks it sucks. But everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. Unfortunately, this guy's is a very, very negative one. Like someone said before, he probably got caught breaking some rules, bombed his tests, and is now ****tin' a brick because he won't match what and where he wants.

Where was he months ago? Why start bashing LECOM now? Something obviously happened to him recently and he is dealing with his issues by giving us all his thoughts on our future school.

Sure, a 76% pass rate is pretty damn low, but we'll just guarantee ourselves that we'll be in that 76% (or 81.8%, or 87%, or 90%) that passed and not worry about it!!! We'll just hunker down, study hard, and we'll be fine!!! :thumbup:

LECOM, here I come with a smile on my face and not a worry on my mind! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I to got caught up in watching the I hate LECOM post. I kept thinking I could get some useful info out of it and watch for it in the future. But it turned out to be a bitching match! I was very happy with what I saw and love the area. It reminded me of the areas of Wisconsin on lake Michigan. As for the rules, all they have to go by (medical schools) is their pass rates. And they do take some chances picking students (me being one of them) so I can understand why they would want to do all they can to make you learn the stuff and start acting professional. This could just be the view of an old guy but I'm going to make the best of it since I was given the chance (LECOM-Erie 2010). See you all there in July. Oh and has anybody found any "reasonable" places close to LECOM that will take a cat? The wife won't get rid of it!

motox said:
Yes I to got caught up in watching the I hate LECOM post. I kept thinking I could get some useful info out of it and watch for it in the future. But it turned out to be a bitching match! I was very happy with what I saw and love the area. It reminded me of the areas of Wisconsin on lake Michigan. As for the rules, all they have to go by (medical schools) is their pass rates. And they do take some chances picking students (me being one of them) so I can understand why they would want to do all they can to make you learn the stuff and start acting professional. This could just be the view of an old guy but I'm going to make the best of it since I was given the chance (LECOM-Erie 2010). See you all there in July. Oh and has anybody found any "reasonable" places close to LECOM that will take a cat? The wife won't get rid of it!

I too am in search of a reasonable yet nice place to hunker down that will accept a cat! If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I officially got my packet from LECOM today :D And got my taxes done as well! Now it's time to start filling out the 14,000 forms required for Fafsa and LECOM..... :p

Dr Trek 1 said:
I got my deferral accepted so I won't need to worry about the paperwork until next year, but out of curiosity do they require blood titer proof of immunizations or just immunization records? If so, for which immunizations?

Thanks!

They require dates for Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis, Adult Tetanus, and Polio. They require Titers for Varicella, Rubella, Rubeola, and Hep B (dates as well). They require a PPD within 6 months of matriculation and a Drug and Alcohol Screen. Hope that helps! :)

Spankete87 said:
They require dates for Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis, Adult Tetanus, and Polio. They require Titers for Varicella, Rubella, Rubeola, and Hep B (dates as well). They require a PPD within 6 months of matriculation and a Drug and Alcohol Screen. Hope that helps! :)

Thank you! Now comes the task of tracking down all that paperwork, hehe.

motox said:

Hey motox and spankete,

I will be living in a place called Belle Village, which allows pets! It's not really that close to the school but it's nice, new construction on some of the units. $760 a month. There is a pet deposit however. Most of that gets returned when you move out (minus a fee for shampooing the carpets and flee spraying). I was very happy with the place. It's about 6 miles (east) from the school, but supposedly takes awhile to get there with traffic - I can't really give you an exact time for obvious reasons!!! :) If anyone is interested, I'll put some pictures up on my website of the place that I took while I was there. You can find more info at this link: Belle Village or call (814)838-8421. I dealt with Julie Fox - she's awesome! Tell her Cory from Montana sends his best if you talk to her!

There was another place right next door to Belle Village called Brookwood Village. It too allows pets! You might look into both places. There's another student on here that has lived in Brookwood. If you go back a few pages in this thread, you'll see what he has to say. I think he's actually looking at moving into a place in Fairview...

Anyway, I've posted this before, but here it goes again, check out this website, RentalGuideErie for great info on apartments in the area!

PM me or respond to this post if you have any questions I might be able to help with!

So does anyone know if LECOM offers scholarships/grants to incoming students? If they do, how do you apply for them? I did see something about scholarships on the website and the form you have to fill out to apply, however, none of the scholarships looked like they were for first year students. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was wondering what the diversity is like at LECOM? Regarding geographics, age, ethnicity, culture? Thanks! :)

Dr Trek 1 said:
I got my deferral accepted so I won't need to worry about the paperwork until next year, but out of curiosity do they require blood titer proof of immunizations or just immunization records? If so, for which immunizations?

Thanks!

They just require proof of immunization records. You don't have to have a blood titer. They are the same as for going to public school plus your Hep B and TB.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spankete87 said:
So does anyone know if LECOM offers scholarships/grants to incoming students? If they do, how do you apply for them? I did see something about scholarships on the website and the form you have to fill out to apply, however, none of the scholarships looked like they were for first year students. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

All you do is apply for scholarships by submitting the form. You can apply for specific ones from the website or just the general form. Unless you are a PA resident don't hold your breath for getting too much free money. There aren't that many scholarships to go around.

docmon said:
I was wondering what the diversity is like at LECOM? Regarding geographics, age, ethnicity, culture? Thanks! :)

I think the school does a pretty good job to create a diversified group. I think the only group not really present are Native Americans but then the pool of choices there is low. There are many different ethnic groups/religions/ people from all over the country. Black, White, Asian, Indian, European, Gay, Lesbian. You name it, you will find it at LECOM either in the student body or the faculty. There are plenty of clubs to join too.

Dorkus Maximus said:
Hey motox and spankete,

I will be living in a place called Belle Village, which allows pets! It's not really that close to the school but it's nice, new construction on some of the units. $760 a month. There is a pet deposit however. Most of that gets returned when you move out (minus a fee for shampooing the carpets and flee spraying). I was very happy with the place. It's about 6 miles (east) from the school, but supposedly takes awhile to get there with traffic - I can't really give you an exact time for obvious reasons!!! :)

It only takes about 10 minutes in good weather but during the snow storm I would give yourself 20 minutes. It's only 3 miles from the school. No that far.

FutureDocDO said:
I'm sorry to say by the time you interview there will NOT be a single spot open for ISP for PBL. I'm not even sure there's any left at this point. You're looking at LDP if accepted. Sorry for the bad news. Good luck with your interview though :luck: .

Future doc is somewhat right,

Suprisingly enough, they always offer a chance to switch into a different pathway during the first 12 weeks,

And there is often a little movement.

So, although the initial alotment may be taken, if you really want to switch, I am 80% sure you will be successfull.

j

The diversity is not good in Erie, its attempted at the school and they do the best they can, bt ut the community is pretty simple. There are really no ethnic groups in the community, eastern Europe, but thats about it.

So I would give the diversity a D+

That being said, the community is very freindly, and I haven't saeen too much bad behavior, so I wouldn't call it red neck, just not diverse.

ISP is not the best, all three pathways are good, do with what you feel comfortable with. ISP is fast they have tests almost every week, on one subject, usually about 30 chapters.

LDP has frequent test also but they have the material sorted for them, the lessons tell them what is important.

PBL students have a lot more time between tests (usually 6-7 weeks, but their tests are really big, usually about 600-800 pages of material, and they have to read everything, because they are self guided, they pick the chapters and topics to read, and they administrators make up the tests.

Hope that helps

jjmcentee@hotma said:
The diversity is not good in Erie, its attempted at the school and they do the best they can, bt ut the community is pretty simple. There are really no ethnic groups in the community, eastern Europe, but thats about it.

So I would give the diversity a D+

That being said, the community is very freindly, and I haven't saeen too much bad behavior, so I wouldn't call it red neck, just not diverse.

ISP is not the best, all three pathways are good, do with what you feel comfortable with. ISP is fast they have tests almost every week, on one subject, usually about 30 chapters.

LDP has frequent test also but they have the material sorted for them, the lessons tell them what is important.

PBL students have a lot more time between tests (usually 6-7 weeks, but their tests are really big, usually about 600-800 pages of material, and they have to read everything, because they are self guided, they pick the chapters and topics to read, and they administrators make up the tests.

Hope that helps

Keep in mind that 70%=Pass=DO. In ISP it's all done on an absolute scale- no curving- no competition.

Me personally: I'd take a test a week any time if I didn't have to sit in lecture all day. ISPers have tons more time to study.

However, as was said above, no one pathway is optimal for anyone. Pick which works for you the best.

Anyone know when LECOM will be sending out their roommate list? I thought I remember them saying the beginning of March? Thanks! :)

For any of the MSIII and MS IV, what kinds of clinical rotation opportunities do you all have - Are there many teaching hospital opportunities? What is the "biggest" clinical rotation that is established (if there is even such a concept)? How hard is it to set up your own rotation and is that even possible? Thanks!

Yeah, I have to go with Dr. Trek: ISP sounds best for me! It is very well organized, you may attend lecture if you need to bone up on a topic, you have access to faculty, and a directed course of study. I will take a test a day to have that pathway! Yep.

Hey everyone! Well... I'm headed to LECOM!:) Was deciding between WVSOM, LECOM, and TUCOM, and I made my decision!(with Steel_city's comments included). Now... I can look forward to the 2800 mile drive in a UHAUL across the country! lol, see everyone there!

wow, this thread is great! I have been accepted to LECOM since October, and i didnt know where this site was! gosh, i have so much catching up to do!

Has everyone already found a place to live!?! My wife and I are looking for a place where we can have a dog, we want one next year:)(not that we won't have enough going on already...) The area seemed very nice when I went there for the interview (it was snowing outside!), I'm thinking about making another trip here pretty soon to check apartments out... Does anyone know when we are required to be there? I had heard July 19th(correct?)...

Do you guys know when we should start looking for apts? I'm reading that a lot of people have already found some good places.
Does anyone know what are the most popular apts in the area for LECOM students, hopefully ones that are close to the school. Any apt that accept small animals?

margaret

Hey donvb and margaret4 as far as reporting time orientation is around the 29th of July (I think, don't have the paper work with me right now) but you do have to come earlier to get your ID made and your laptop looked at. I called a couple of apartments and they told me to wait till about 60 days out and check. As far as places that take animals check a page ahead under dorkus maximus. He has some listed there. Personally I was hopeing to get something a lot cheaper :scared: See you there.

motox said:
Hey donvb and margaret4 as far as reporting time orientation is around the 29th of July (I think, don't have the paper work with me right now) but you do have to come earlier to get your ID made and your laptop looked at. I called a couple of apartments and they told me to wait till about 60 days out and check. As far as places that take animals check a page ahead under dorkus maximus. He has some listed there. Personally I was hopeing to get something a lot cheaper :scared: See you there.

Cheaper than 650/month, where do you come from!?! lol, I'm from Oregon and thats about the same as here... I thought we had cheap apartments, but you must be from wyoming or Montana to be living any cheaper than that! :laugh: 29th of July huh... I would have sworn I heard orientation starts on the 19th of July... Time to give them a call :idea:

Donvb said:
Cheaper than 650/month, where do you come from!?! lol, I'm from Oregon and thats about the same as here... I thought we had cheap apartments, but you must be from wyoming or Montana to be living any cheaper than that! :laugh: 29th of July huh... I would have sworn I heard orientation starts on the 19th of July... Time to give them a call :idea:

OK, orientation starts on the 29th of July(Saturday!). Although, we need to have our labtops and photo ID's for school before then... My question is, do we need to wear a tie when we go in early to get our labtops configured and our Photo ID's? :laugh: No... seriously...

Donvb said:
do we need to wear a tie when we go in early to get our labtops configured and our Photo ID's? :laugh: No... seriously...
I have a feeling it is... since even visitors are required to dress up. Isn't their pharmacy school all year round... so there will be classes going on throughout the year?

Donvb said:
OK, orientation starts on the 29th of July(Saturday!). Although, we need to have our labtops and photo ID's for school before then... My question is, do we need to wear a tie when we go in early to get our labtops configured and our Photo ID's? :laugh: No... seriously...

I can't be certain of your orientation date, but according to LECOM-B orientation starts on 7/31 with the open house on 7/30... mind you we do things a little differently down here, I would say call the office and confirm the start date for the orientation. We didn't have to get our id's early here, but I did... As for needing to wear your tie and what not...the answer is a resounding YES.... they will turn you away at the door if you aren't in dress code....

DRSTEPHI27 said:
hey....so dress code on omm days (weds) is sooo stupid

Should have come to LECOM-B, we have omm lab on thursdays and wear omm attire the entire day.....

We also get to change into omm attire for clinical exam...yippee

Donvb said:

Hey Donvb,

Did you check out those places I posted? Belle Village is nice and the landlord is awesome (at least on the phone and e-mails!). Hey, when you're driving cross-country in your uhaul, you should stop and pick me up in Whitefish, MT! :laugh: Or I can meet you in my hometown, Burley, ID. :) Whichever works best for you. Be sure to bring your work gloves to load all my stuff.

motox said:

Hey motox,

There's are definitely some cheaper apartments around, but I'm not sure if they allow pets or not. We chose Belle Village mainly because they did. I would definitely not choose Granada Apts. though. I heard from former LECOM students that they smell like hamster cages. Plus, when I interviewed, someone got shot at a party there! :eek:

What are some good apartments around/closest to the school? And, how much per month are they? I just want to get an idea... if everything fan out I might be in the area at the end of this month for some apartment hunting. Thank you.

FutureDocDO said:
What are some good apartments around/closest to the school? And, how much per month are they? I just want to get an idea... if everything fan out I might be in the area at the end of this month for some apartment hunting. Thank you.

You goin here now!?! That's awesome! :D Or... still undecided?

Dorkus Maximus said:
Hey Donvb,

Did you check out those places I posted? Belle Village is nice and the landlord is awesome (at least on the phone and e-mails!). Hey, when you're driving cross-country in your uhaul, you should stop and pick me up in Whitefish, MT! :laugh: Or I can meet you in my hometown, Burley, ID. :) Whichever works best for you. Be sure to bring your work gloves to load all my stuff.

Belle Village is one of the spendier ones, at 760/month... My wife and I are going to have to choose a place online, because being from Oregon its not worth a trip to go down there house/apartment hunting... So... Were looking for a nice place that allows pets! I guess Belle village is a good candidate, just kindof spendy compared to the rest of the apartments in the area! :laugh: Maybe we'll rent a little house??

Donvb said:
You goin here now!?! That's awesome! :D Or... still undecided?
Thanks to you I'm leaning towards LECOM now :) . Your reasoning totally made sense. The reason I was so dead set on WVSOM was my initial impression I got when I was there for the interview... stayed for two days. But paying around $80,000 more for four years just isn't justifiable. Anyway, I'm strongly considering LECOM.

Any other suggestions on apartments? I don't have any pets nor do I plan on having pets so I just need a decent apartment close to the school. Is there anything close to $500 a month?

One more question future LECOMers. I know LECOM will give each of us a stethoscope but not 'til February of our first year. Do we need to buy a stethoscope then? Thanks.

Hey Dorkus Maximus thanks for the heads up. I will make sure I stay away from Grenada oh I mean Granada apts. I don't think we get any trama experience until our 3rd or 4th year! :eek: Donvb I'm from just north of Milwaukee. Right now I'm renting a 3 bedroom side by side (like a town house 2 story and basement) for 725 but I can get 2 bedroom apt's in the 500's. If you look on goerie.com there are some cheap apt's and houses but its still to far out to start renting one, for me anyways, must keep working until the very end. :(

FutureDocDO said:
One more question future LECOMers. I know LECOM will give each of us a stethoscope but not 'til February of our first year. Do we need to buy a stethoscope then? Thanks.

Do not buy any equipment. you won't need it until second semester anyway. Definitely DO NOT buy a stehoscope, it would be a waste of your money

cabinbuilder said:
Do not buy any equipment. you won't need it until second semester anyway. Definitely DO NOT buy a stehoscope, it would be a waste of your money
Thanks.

Does anyone what's the appropriate attire for OMM for guys? Is it like gym clothes (i.e., t-shirts, shorts (cargo?), and white tennis shoes)? Just wondering what to get. Also what's the tax rate in Erie? Thank you.

Hi. I am strongly considering attending LECOM. I just had a few questions that I was hoping that you could answer.
First, you wrote that one can do core rotations at non-affiliates? The website says that only elective rotations can be done at non-affiliates...is this incorrect? Do students typically do several rotations at one site or do they typically move every 3 and a half weeks. Also, how do the rotations work socially? Would one typically go to a site with a small group of LECOM students or are you on your own? If on your own, is it easy to get to know students on rotation from other schools? I just fear that if on my own, three and a half weeks at each site is not a very long time to set up a social network and life is much more enjoyable when you can share it with others. Is it realistically possible to do rotations abroad? I was told in my interview that it was, but sometimes people exaggerate.
One more line of questioning regarding the student body. Is the vast majority of the school from the midwest and Western PA? Obviously, I don't expect you to know the actual number, but about what would the average age of a student be?

Thanks a lot,
Elliot

Thanks,
Elliot

cabinbuilder said:
Hi I am LECOM MSIV. I can answer just about anything you guys need to know. As far as rotations it is super easy to go where you want. You really have no limitations as to which hospitals in the nation you rotate at. Then only thing is that if its a non-affiliate you have to do the leg work yourself and set up the rotation, housing, flights, paperwork, etc. The rotations office will pretty much approve anything you want and long as you set it up first. There are people in my class who have spent the last 2 years living in California doing all their rotations there, or Seattle, or MI or wherever. It's really whatever you want which is nice. Good luck all, LECOM is a good school with a good reputation.

Shifferobe said:
Hi. I am strongly considering attending LECOM. I just had a few questions that I was hoping that you could answer.
First, you wrote that one can do core rotations at non-affiliates?
Yes you can, they just don't advertise this. You have to get permission from the clinical director and have a legitmate reason; i.e. family, looking at program for residency, etc. You would have to set it up yourself of course. I did many and just cleared it with the office and my group.
The website says that only elective rotations can be done at non-affiliates...is this incorrect?
No, this is not incorrect. But there is always a way to get around things. You have to have a reason plus you have to set the rotations up yourself. Remember that the rotation office keeps track of 700 students at a time with only 3 staff members. Do not expect those ladies to do your leg work.

Do students typically do several rotations at one site or do they typically move every 3 and a half weeks.
It depends on you and your rotation group. I pretty much moved around each rotation but was in the same city. Most of my third year was spent at one hospital just because it was easier for me and those rotations I did not want to go into. That allowed others in my group to travel if they wanted.
Also, how do the rotations work socially?
Not sure what you mean by this? Just about every rotation I was by myself as a student I've only had 2 rotations in 2 years where there was another student with me. There usually was a resident with me though.
Would one typically go to a site with a small group of LECOM students or are you on your own?
IF you rotate in Erie, with the exception of Millcreek you are generally on your own. I don't know how it is other places but I have heard in the bigger cities there are other students - Pitt, Cleveland, Philly, etc.
If on your own, is it easy to get to know students on rotation from other schools?
If you see other students, not likely. I haven't seen many rotations where they put a lot of students on the same service. Makes it too busy.
I just fear that if on my own, three and a half weeks at each site is not a very long time to set up a social network and life is much more enjoyable when you can share it with others.
You usually set up your social network during the first 2 years. I wouldn't plan on that during rotations.
Is it realistically possible to do rotations abroad? I was told in my interview that it was, but sometimes people exaggerate.
Yes, you join the international medicine society on go on one of their rotations.
One more line of questioning regarding the student body. Is the vast majority of the school from the midwest and Western PA?
I would say about half are from PA,OH,NY,but each class has students from all over the country.
Obviously, I don't expect you to know the actual number, but about what would the average age of a student be?
24-27

Hope that helps.

Just thought some of you might like to see...

2004 Matchlist (or so I hope)

TRADITIONAL ROTATING (56)
UPMC Hospital
Cook County Hospital
Bassett Hospital
St. Vincent Health Center
Mt. Sinai Hospital
Garden City Osteopathic Hospital (2)
Oakwood Southshr Medical Center
Millcreek Community Hospital (4)
St. Joseph’s Hospital of Macomb
Osteopathic Medical Center of TX
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Wellington Regional Medical Center
Altoona Hospital
St. Elizabeth’s Hospital
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburg in Pittsburgh
Henry Ford Bi-County Community Hospital
Meadville Medical Center (2)
Abington Memorial Hospital
Conemaugh Valley Hospital
Hamot Medical Center
Geisinger Health System (2)
Sisters of Charity Hospital
UPMC, St. Margaret
University of Connecticut Health Center (2)
Clarion Hospital
Western PA Hospital
Medical Center of Independence
Graduate Hospital in Philadelphia
Henry Ford HS/Horizon HS (2)
Lehigh Valley Hospital & Health
Richmond Heights Hospital
UPMC Horizon
St. Vincent Health Center
Meadville Medical Center
Leigh Valley Hospital & Health Center
Arrowhead Reg. Medical Center
Doctor’s Hospital – Columbus
St. Joseph’s Mercy of Macomb
Portsmouth VA Naval Medical Center
UHHS – Richmond Heights (2)
Western PA Hospital
Portsmount Naval Medical Center
University Hospital of Richmond Heights
St. Lukes Hospital
Conemaugh Valley Center
Hamot Medical Center

FAMILY PRACTICE (26)
Millcreek Community Hospital (2)
Ingham Regional Medical Center
A Eisenhower Army Medical Center
Duluth Graduate Medical Education
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh (2)
St. Joseph’s Health Center
Memorial Medical Center
Mtn Area Health Ed. Center
Lancaster General Hospital
St. Vincent Medical Center
Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital
Trinity Medical Center North
Jacksonville Naval Hospital
Altoona Family Practice
Community Hospital of Lancaster (2)
Memorial Family Practice in TX
Florida Hospital – Orlando Memorial
Martin Army Community Hospital
University of TN Medical Center
Pinnacle Health Com. Gen. Osteo. Hosp.
DeWitt Army Community Center
MGMC Air Force

INTERNAL MEDICINE (31)
Geisinger Health System
West Pennsylvania Hospital (2)
NY Hospital Medical Center – Queens
Frankford Hospital
Synergy Med. Ed. Alliance – MI
Riverside Methodist in Ohio
Henry Ford Bi-County Community Hospital
Geisinger Medical Center
National Naval Medical Center
Ingham Regional Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center
St. Joseph’s Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
Washington Hospital Center
Osteopathic Medical Center of TX
University of Connecticut
Northside Hospital & Heart Inst.
Lahey Clinic – MA
Drexel (MCP Hahnemann) U COM-PA
Millcreek Community Hospital (2)
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh
Garden City Osteopathic Hospital
Frankford Hospital
U Florida Program Shands Hospital
Richmond Heights Hospital
Kennedy Medical Center (2)
University Hospital

GENERAL SURGERY (12)
San Diego, CA Naval Medical Center
Conemaugh Memorial
Waterbury Hospital in CT
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh of Pittsburgh (2)
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Christiana Care
Portsmouth VA Naval Medical Center
Philadelphia Consortium
St. John Detroit Riverview Hospital
Botsford General Hospital
Conemaugh Memorial

OBSTETRICS/GYNECOLOGY (12)
WSU/Detroit Medical Center
St. Joseph’s Mercy of Macomb (2)
Riverside Medical Center
Synergy Med Ed. Alliance – MI
Greenville Hospital System
Rush University Medical Center
St. Joseph’s Hospital – IL
Riverside Regional Medical Center
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh

ANESTHESIOLOGY (9)
Western PA Hospital (3)
U Michigan Hospital – Ann Arbor
Grandview Medical Center
UPMC Medical Education Program
Ohio State University Medical Center
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh
Shands Hospital

EMERGENCY MEDICINE (8)
Botsford General Hospital
Leigh Valley Medical Center
St. Vincent Mercy Medicine
L Darnall Army Community Hospital
Grandview Medical Center
Mount Clemens Hospital
Doctor’s Hospital of Stark County

PEDIATRICS (8)
Horizon Hospital
Maimonides Medical Center
North Shore-LIJ Health System
Sinia Hospital
St. Joseph’s Hospital Medical Center
Wright Patterson Air Force Base
Richmond Heighs Hospital

PHYS. MEDICINE & REHABILITATION (2)
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburg
John Hopkins Hospital

PRELIMINARY MEDICINE (3)
Luthern General Hospital
Allegheny General Hospital

PSYCHIATRY (5)
Ohio State University Medical Center
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
University of Maryland Medical Center
NCC Walter Reed Army Medical Center
University of Colorado SOM -Denver

DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY (3)
St. James Hospital & Health
Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh (2)

NEUROLOGICAL SURGERY (1)
Doctor’s Hospital - Columbus

FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY (1)
Doctor’s Hospital - Columbus

ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY (1)
Cleveland Clinic

ONCOLOGY (1)

PATHOLOGY (1)

TRANSITIONAL YEAR (1)
Brook Army Medical Center

Hey,
All of you that are looking for apts already, are you guys also on the roommate list? I feel like I am behind, but i probably wont go to look for a place till sometime in May. But I am also on the roommate list, which I am waiting for.

Hajira786 said:
Hey,
All of you that are looking for apts already, are you guys also on the roommate list? I feel like I am behind, but i probably wont go to look for a place till sometime in May. But I am also on the roommate list, which I am waiting for.

Nah, i'll be rooming with my wife ;) Good luck with the roomie list, I have heard of a lot of students on the list and I don't think most of the apartments will do anything until two months before you arrive, so don't worry about getting an apartment lined up yet!

Where is this roomate list posted?? Was this the form that was filled out along with the deposit?

NUcat1 said:
Where is this roomate list posted?? Was this the form that was filled out along with the deposit?

They said that they would be sending them out at the beginning of March but I still have not gotten it. If you checked on the form that you sent with your deposit that you wanted to be on the roommate list then you should get one soon :)

DrWiggles said:
They said that they would be sending them out at the beginning of March but I still have not gotten it. If you checked on the form that you sent with your deposit that you wanted to be on the roommate list then you should get one soon :)
Are they going to pair us up or is it just a list with students looking for a roommate and we are to contact those on the list we want to room with?