You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LECOM Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
Congrats! When did you interview?Received an acceptance 1/29 at 3:57
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AugustCongrats! When did you interview?
Toothfairyangel
New Member
Hey, I also interviewed on the 19thJust asking because people have heard within a week before
I've already turned it downOut of curiosity, when do you think you'll be turning down your seat?
Is there a groupme for this school?
Correct.
Ty. They don’t reply or let us know they got it right?Correct.
They do respond, they'll let you know that they have attached it to your application (unless if they forgot, but usually they do)Ty. They don’t reply or let us know they got it right?
Oh snap.. wait do they actually? They didn’t respond to mine and I wonder if they got it or not 🙁They do respond, they'll let you know that they have attached it to your application (unless if they forgot, but usually they do)
I've sent two. I haven't heard back from either.Oh snap.. wait do they actually? They didn’t respond to mine and I wonder if they got it or not 🙁
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
Interviewed 1/12, accepted today! Fyi for everyone that sent a letter of intent and didn't get a response, resend it! I emailed to make sure they received it and that it was added to my application, and they said they didn't receive the initial one... that was yesterday and I got accepted today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coincidence does not equal causation...Interviewed 1/12, accepted today! Fyi for everyone that sent a letter of intent and didn't get a response, resend it! I emailed to make sure they received it and that it was added to my application, and they said they didn't receive the initial one... that was yesterday and I got accepted today.
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
I agree! But the thank you/letter of intent definitely helps. Just wanted to let anyone who didn't receive confirmation know that lecom might've not received the letter, since if I had known that I would've followed up earlier!coincidence does not equal causation...
So if I sent one and haven’t received a reply back, they didn’t get it?I agree! But the thank you/letter of intent definitely helps. Just wanted to let anyone who didn't receive confirmation know that lecom might've not received the letter, since if I had known that I would've followed up earlier!
I just followed up with them and they told me that my letter of intent had been recieved and added to my application. It sounded like it had already been added and the following up was unnecessary, but it wouldn't hurt to follow upSo if I sent one and haven’t received a reply back, they didn’t get it?
same. I emailed them this morning, checking if they got my letter and they said it had been received and added to my application back when I had sent itI just followed up with them and they told me that my letter of intent had been recieved and added to my application. It sounded like it had already been added and the following up was unnecessary, but it wouldn't hurt to follow up
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
I don't know, there seems to be a mix. I was already in email correspondence with them but after seeing sdn I asked them if they'd received it, and they said no... Personally I'd rather double check than than take the chance, but it also might've been a personal problem bc when I send emails through my computer mail app instead of the gmail site, sometimes it doesn't go through. I bcc'd myself and got it, so I thought it did.So if I sent one and haven’t received a reply back, they didn’t get it?
True. I’d rather be safe tooI don't know, there seems to be a mix. I was already in email correspondence with them but after seeing sdn I asked them if they'd received it, and they said no... Personally I'd rather double check than than take the chance, but it also might've been a personal problem bc when I send emails through my computer mail app instead of the gmail site, sometimes it doesn't go through. I bcc'd myself and got it, so I thought it did.
But what’s funny is LECOM’s admission probably received multiple emails this morning from diff applicants asking if their letter has been seen 😂 so they understand there must be some discussion about it
Does LECOM fill most of their class with the Early Acceptance Candidates? LECOM has EAP tie up with about 150 universities.
well those people still will have to be evaluated and go thru what regular applicants go thru, no such a thing as straight in
Can u explain this further? I’d like to know more. Idk EAP or what u said in ur last sentence.Does LECOM fill most of their class with the Early Acceptance Candidates? LECOM has EAP tie up with about 150 universities.
Bc I’m rly hoping their class isn’t already mostly filled from December.
LECOm has an understanding with more than 100 other universities, where the students in 1st or 2nd year BS is given a guaranteed admission if they fulfill some minimum criteria on their SAT score, Highschool GPA, and maintain certain GPA in their BS.Can u explain this further? I’d like to know more. Idk EAP or what u said in ur last sentence.
Bc I’m rly hoping their class isn’t already mostly filled from December.
See the following example-
Dont know much either, need to find the quota on that. Your info is very good, tyLECOm has an understanding with more than 100 other universities, where the students in 1st or 2nd year BS is given a guaranteed admission if they fulfill some minimum criteria on their SAT score, Highschool GPA, and maintain certain GPA in their BS.
See the following example-
VaRedRobin
Full Member
Flying down next week for interview. Any tips on anything about the interview or what type of questions or activity to prep for? Are there lots of walking/standing involved? Will heels be okay?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
relax and be yourselfFlying down next week for interview. Any tips on anything about the interview or what type of questions or activity to prep for? Are there lots of walking/standing involved? Will heels be okay?
assume there will be a tour and some/a lot of walking...
VaRedRobin
Full Member
Thank you so much!relax and be yourself
assume there will be a tour and some/a lot of walking...
don't be "that guy"...Any tips on the group interview or what to expect? I’ve never experienced a group interview before. Is there an order of how the interviewees answer or random? Are there ethical questions? Will you also get an individual interview that day? Any tips are appreciated!
Congrats on the interview! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?Any tips on the group interview or what to expect? I’ve never experienced a group interview before. Is there an order of how the interviewees answer or random? Are there ethical questions? Will you also get an individual interview that day? Any tips are appreciated!
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
Someone asked about the interview on the facebook dat bootcamp page and I went into detail on how mine went if you want to look at that!Any tips on the group interview or what to expect? I’ve never experienced a group interview before. Is there an order of how the interviewees answer or random? Are there ethical questions? Will you also get an individual interview that day? Any tips are appreciated!
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
There were a few ppl in heels, I personally wore heeled booties bc I thought they were more comfy and I'm a little clumsyFlying down next week for interview. Any tips on anything about the interview or what type of questions or activity to prep for? Are there lots of walking/standing involved? Will heels be okay?
What day did you post? I couldn’t find any detailed response. Thank youSomeone asked about the interview on the facebook dat bootcamp page and I went into detail on how mine went if you want to look at that!
3.79 gpa, 20 DAT!Congrats on the interview! If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?
VaRedRobin
Full Member
Thank you!There were a few ppl in heels, I personally wore heeled booties bc I thought they were more comfy and I'm a little clumsy
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
i didn't post, i just commented on it. she posted on jan 29thWhat day did you post? I couldn’t find any detailed response. Thank you
What’s up guys
maybe have some action tomorrow, very quiet
_khushipatel
Full Member
maybe have some action tomorrow, very quiet
Why? What’s tomorrow?
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
Posting what I wrote bc ppl can't find it, and frankly neither can I when I scroll through the DAT bootcamp fb page:i didn't post, i just commented on it. she posted on jan 29th
They should send you a schedule the week of your interview, but the schedule for mine was: 8-8:30 Welcome/Curriculum Overview w/ Thomas Yoon (Dean), 8:30-9 Pre-Clinical Simulation Overview w/ Inessa Slipak (Director of Sim Clinic), 9-9:15 Dexterity Exercise (carve an eraser shape out of a block of soap), 9:15-9:45 PBL Overview w/ Todd Nolan (Director of PBL), 9:45-10 Clinical Overview w/ Alexandra Manibo (Assistant Dean of Patient Care Services), 10-10:15 break, 10:15-10:45 Financial Aid w/ Nicole Giovetsis (Assistant Director of Financial Aid), 10:45-11 Community & Housing Overview w/ Student Affairs Representative (for mine her name was Monica but idk if they have multiple ppl), 11:05-12:05 Group Interview in PBL rooms (4-5 applicants and 2 professors), 12:05-12:35 Campus Tour w/ 2 D1s, 12:35-1:30ish Lunch and Q&A. I was nervous about the group style interview and knowing when to speak/when to listen but I just tried to treat it like a normal conversation and it went well. I was surprised that we weren't asked the basic tell me about yourself/why dentistry questions, but I'd have those general questions prepped. The questions my group got were why LECOM, do you have any reservations about being a dentist, a role model we have that isn't a family member. One of the professors told a story about her dental school experience where one of her friends told her a professor was racist and to avoid him, but then through interacting with him she had no problems and they got along just fine, and she asked us what we would do if we thought a professor didn't like us/had a bias against us. I said that I would try to have a regular conversation with the professor and see for myself if I felt like there was an issue, and then try to evaluate the interaction from a 3rd person perspective to take any emotion I may have out of the equation. If I were to go into the conversation thinking I'm not liked, I may already have my own biases against him and that would lead to clouded judgement. If I thought he had a bias against me, I would have another conversation and just ask him his opinion of me, because we may think we know what others are thinking, but we never really know until we ask them. I can't know how she felt about my answer, but she had a good reaction and asked for my name after so I'm hoping she resonated well with it. In another question, she gave us lollipops and we had to pretend to convince a 4 year old (one of the applicants played the part) to eat the "fluoride lollipop." For this one I think she wanted to see if we could change the way we spoke based on who the patient is. So while for an adult I would try to advise them on the longevity benefits of strengthening teeth etc, a 4 year old isn't going to understand that. I asked the 4 year old (applicant) what his favorite dessert was, how he would feel if the sugar bugs ate his teeth and he couldn't have any of his favorite treats anymore, and told him that the fluoride lollipop is going to coat his teeth/protect them so that he can continue to eat all the yummy foods. At the end they asked us if we had any questions. I asked if they were to go through dental school now, would LECOM be their first choice and why. Obviously there are a ton of other questions you could ask. I also talked to a few current students before and some questions they've gotten are a recent book you've read, what would you do if your roommate had an old exam, strength/weakness you have, how your friends would describe you, what would you do if you drilled the wrong tooth, what's a quality a dentist must have, and name a time you faced adversity and how you solved it. Good luck and don't stress about it too much! I was literally shaking with nerves when I was filling out my name during check in, but the presentations gave me time to settle in. Also before the presentations we were told to wait in the cafeteria, so I just tried to make conversation with some of the other applicants and everyone was super nice.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
toothfairyintraining11
Full Member
Besides prepping the questions, I just tried to be outgoing, make eye contact with the professors and even the other applicants when I was talking, and I tried to swivel my body and face whoever was talking. When I spoke a tried to move my hands around, and when I wasn't talking I tried to keep my hands on the table for most of the time bc I heard it's an innate thing where people are more comfortable when they can see your hands versus if they're hidden in your lab, etc..
nothing, was hoping to see some acceptance news or new interview invitesWhy? What’s tomorrow?
Does anyone have a rough idea when the class will be filled and closed?
FYI: class of 2028 saw a posting today a guy by name Kevin Zhou just got accepted. He interviewed Sept
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 6K