LECOM - DON'T COME!! Avoid this school like the plague

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have never added anything constructive to any threads you have crapped on. Why you are not banned is beyond me....:rolleyes:

I don't know why everyone is being so harsh to myleghurts in this thread. They have NOT been trolling or doing anything against member rules. They're simply providing the occasional bit of sarcasm, and that's really not a big deal.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know why everyone is being so harsh to myleghurts in this thread. They have NOT been trolling or doing anything against member rules. They're simply providing the occasional bit of sarcasm, and that's really not a big deal.

:love:

I think people are just really sick of that poster from the other threads. Not the best post history...

Members don't see this ad :)
I think people are just really sick of that poster from the other threads. Not the best post history...

Well, I guess I just feel it's kind of asinine to berate and egg someone on that's really not doing anything wrong at the moment. If and when he makes a "troll-like" post in this thread, then people should feel free to attack. Until then, everyone should at the very most ignore him. Myleghurts at least to be one of the few coherent trolls, so I'll give him a chance.

Are they really thaaat conservative at LECOM?

Let's say I was a student there and decided to bring in stuffed animals to place on my desk...would I be allowed to do something that? Let's say it's a stuffed cat or tiger.

I have heard that at Lake Erie there are 4 cadavers for 250 students? Is this wrong? How's Anatomy comming along?

Whoever told you that there are 4 cadavers in an entire medical school doesn't know their elbow from their a$$. It's amazing to see what people come up with it.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Not like your past posts have been the greatest either my friend.

Are they really thaaat conservative at LECOM?

Let's say I was a student there and decided to bring in stuffed animals to place on my desk...would I be allowed to do something that? Let's say it's a stuffed cat or tiger.

I have heard that at Lake Erie there are 4 cadavers for 250 students? Is this wrong? How's Anatomy comming along?

I'm at LECOM-B, so I can't speak for Erie. There is no eating in classrooms, there is a dress code during business hours, and there is an attendance policy. Follow these 3 rules and work hard and you will have zero problems, at least here in FL. I'm not sure why you'd want stuffed animals on your desk, but as long as you keep them leashed and clean up after them ;) , I'm sure it'd be fine. We have a couple students who definitely like to push the envelope of the dress code with some pretty funky color combinations, etc. and I've never heard anyone get hassled. As a student, I feel I am always treated with respect by the faculty and administration, so I don't mind following the few rules that they find important. I'm already used to a professional environment from the business world, and expecting the same during rotations, so it's no big deal to me to put on a tie and show up every day.

I know that there are many of you who have doubts about LECOM, and whether or not they have a good program overall. As a second year who is preparing for boards, let me just say, that I have lost all faith and confidence in my school. I keep on trying to convince others that the school is not that bad, and that there are some positives as well as some negatives, but all i see lately are some very glaring negatives.
LECOM talks a big talk, but there are some huge gaps in the curriculum.
There will be more tommorow, i need to go to bed so i can be well rested for this diagnostic exam that, "if you get above a 50% then we will be happy"
-what a vote of confidence eh?

More tomorrow

Let's get back to the topic!

Avoid LECOM like Yersinia pestis.

look who's talking. you even admitted it in your sob story. you never fail to come through with unprovoked insults.

Man I wish I was as cool as you! And, actually, I said I use SARCASM. Nice try though. Anyways, I only insult you because you are so damn sensitive I know I am sure to get a rise. Plus you can't argue for **** so all your counters turn into flame wars and you go to prove my points even more. I love it; you are like the x-factor that I need to win any argument. You are like that one guy at the bar that when someone shouts out “your mother” you go insane and start throwing stuff. You can't see past sarcasm enough to even laugh. Instead, you have to tell other people to leave the thread like you are so much more popular. Maybe myleghurts was being a dick in another thread, I have no clue. However, he isn't being one on here. But, you still insist on bringing that into this thread like you are so much more perfect than he is. Well, dickruba, you aren't. If you don't like what he is saying, log off the internet, go to a bar, get someone really drunk (guy or girl, I don't know your preference) and attempt to get laid. There are more windows to the world than the one on your computer screen.

Now, where is the OP with the 35 reasons why LECOM sucks???

Members don't see this ad :)
all you need is a shovel

Please refrain from instructing prospective medical students to obtain their cadaver by bludgeoning an unsuspecting victim with a shovel. I believe that is considered murder in most states... however it may get reduced to manslaughter if the judge understands the plight of a medical student.

Man I wish I was as cool as you! And, actually, I said I use SARCASM. Nice try though. Anyways, I only insult you because you are so damn sensitive I know I am sure to get a rise. Plus you can't argue for **** so all your counters turn into flame wars and you go to prove my points even more. I love it; you are like the x-factor that I need to win any argument. You are like that one guy at the bar that when someone shouts out “your mother” you go insane and start throwing stuff. You can't see past sarcasm enough to even laugh. Instead, you have to tell other people to leave the thread like you are so much more popular. Maybe myleghurts was being a dick in another thread, I have no clue. However, he isn't being one on here. But, you still insist on bringing that into this thread like you are so much more perfect than he is. Well, dickruba, you aren't. If you don't like what he is saying, log off the internet, go to a bar, get someone really drunk (guy or girl, I don't know your preference) and attempt to get laid. There are more windows to the world than the one on your computer screen.

The OP said they were coming tomorrow.

Actually, I heard that LECOM requires you to buy your own labtop and cadaver. I always wondered where you one would buy their own personal cadaver.

Buy your own cadaver? There are plenty of things wrong with the school (though I'm in FL) that you don't need to worry about complaining about problems that don't exist. Yes, we buy our own laptops if we choose to have them, but our tuition is cheap...we can't ask for everything under the sun and expect to have cheap tuition too.

To the OP:
LECOM has problems, no doubt, but ragging about it when you're nice and anonymous is sort of pansy-ish. Why not address the issues with the faculty? I have found that if I bring an issue up, they may have a reason for it that I hadn't considered (often times, though, they don't). Yes there are stupid policies-not talking dress code here-and some less than accomodating faculty, but if you can find at least one faculty member on your side life is a lot better. And believe me, there is at least one faculty member who agrees with you and all your complaints.

:sleep:

I can't count the number of threads like this since I became a member of SDN. Guess what, I graduated from LECOM and I am doing okay. These threads don't piss me off as much now as when I was a student there - now it's entertaining to watch the flame war.

*popcorn cliche #4*
*DOtobe grabs some popcorn and gets ready to watch the show - but no EtOH, had too much yesterday and was hungover today :( *

toothless rufus said:
I do hope the marble statues make another appearance!
Since you asked...
The infamous statues

DOtobe
LECOM Class of 2005

LECOM has problems, no doubt, but ragging about it when you're nice and anonymous is sort of pansy-ish. Why not address the issues with the faculty? I have found that if I bring an issue up, they may have a reason for it that I hadn't considered (often times, though, they don't). Yes there are stupid policies-not talking dress code here-and some less than accomodating faculty, but if you can find at least one faculty member on your side life is a lot better. And believe me, there is at least one faculty member who agrees with you and all your complaints.

Yea sure tell Dr. Ferreti that his policies are stupid and see what happens. I would love to see that.

Please refrain from instructing prospective medical students to obtain their cadaver by bludgeoning an unsuspecting victim with a shovel. I believe that is considered murder in most states... however it may get reduced to manslaughter if the judge understands the plight of a medical student.

i was thinking more along the lines of grave robbing. probably a misdemeanor.

An excellent student at an average school will be an excellent physician if he/she is self motivated, i.e. study for classes/rotations/boards/etc.

Your school gives you the opportunity to do the above. If you need someone to spoon feed you everything, your really aren't going to do well as a resident, unless you go to a program where they hold your hand.

Many allopathic schools have class attendance fo 25% or less and there students do fine.

Suck it up. Study. Do well, despite the support or lack of support from your school.

Yea sure tell Dr. Ferreti that his policies are stupid and see what happens. I would love to see that.

I don't think any dean is going to be too receptive to being told his or her policies are "stupid". However, every student in our school was given an opportunity to personally sit down with Dr. George (our dean in FL) and air any concerns. The school isn't perfect, but then, should we expect it to be?

As JP mentioned early on, criticism of a school can be appropriate if done in a professional manner. The problem with threads like this are that they quickly become like a destructive positive feedback loop in physiology. One person made a single negative comment with no details or explanation, and 70 posts later the inertia of this one comment is still keeping this thread going strong.

Sure, LECOM has some problems that shouldn't be whitewashed, but that doesn't mean it should be used as the designated punching bag of Pre-DO. Now, I know how much fun it is to see things get ugly, but in the long run, dragging any DO school through the mud lowers the reputation of all of them. If you really want to see something ugly, you might check out a surgical path book, try watching some COPS or just look at some Britney Spears pictures.

i was thinking more along the lines of grave robbing. probably a misdemeanor.

I think I was the only one who knew you were talking about grave digging :laugh:

I think others on this site are criminals lol :smuggrin:

Man I wish I was as cool as you! And, actually, I said I use SARCASM. Nice try though. Anyways, I only insult you because you are so damn sensitive I know I am sure to get a rise. Plus you can't argue for **** so all your counters turn into flame wars and you go to prove my points even more. I love it; you are like the x-factor that I need to win any argument. You are like that one guy at the bar that when someone shouts out "your mother" you go insane and start throwing stuff. You can't see past sarcasm enough to even laugh. Instead, you have to tell other people to leave the thread like you are so much more popular. Maybe myleghurts was being a dick in another thread, I have no clue. However, he isn't being one on here. But, you still insist on bringing that into this thread like you are so much more perfect than he is. Well, dickruba, you aren't. If you don't like what he is saying, log off the internet, go to a bar, get someone really drunk (guy or girl, I don't know your preference) and attempt to get laid. There are more windows to the world than the one on your computer screen.

umm, lol, what are you talking about? when did I tell mylegshurts to leave? Or insult him or her? you are jsut so eager to pounce on me you don't bother to read what I wrote and thought I was the one that was insulting myleghurts.

Next time PM me if you want to insult me. Stop doing it publicly, unless you need to feel cool and make sure everyone sees it.

I'm with DRKUBA on the insult part. PM's are the best place to speak about 1on1 conflicts.

umm, lol, what are you talking about? when did I tell mylegshurts to leave? Or insult him or her? you are jsut so eager to pounce on me you don't bother to read what I wrote and thought I was the one that was insulting myleghurts.

and I have a gf that, judging by your myspace pic, is much better looking than yours.

Next time PM me if you want to insult me. Stop doing it publicly, unless you need to feel cool and make sure everyone sees it.

HAHAHAHAHAH. Omg, what is next, your momma jokes? Pming only proves that what you have to say isn't good enough to say it to everyone. It is second to threats of physical harm over the internet. I thought I left that behind when I stopped going on MIRC back in junior high school. Guess not. :(

Your momma is so fat...(why can't I remember any of these?!?)

and I have a gf that, judging by your myspace pic, is much better looking than yours.

You know...it really doesn't matter who started it, but a comment like that is really unacceptable for someone who wants to be a healer. This whole thread has taken off like a free radical chain reaction and has turned very, very nasty. Last month there was a derogatory thread about NSUCOM that resulted in a student being anonymously threatened.

An anonymous poster got his panties in a wad and made a vague statement about his school not preparing people for the boards. The only facts available show that plenty of people from that school pass the boards. If the OP can't, then s/he needs to spend a little more time with the books and a little less time bitching about it on SDN. As for the personal attacks...I just hope it stops.

I don't think any dean is going to be too receptive to being told his or her policies are "stupid". However, every student in our school was given an opportunity to personally sit down with Dr. George (our dean in FL) and air any concerns. The school isn't perfect, but then, should we expect it to be?

As JP mentioned early on, criticism of a school can be appropriate if done in a professional manner. The problem with threads like this are that they quickly become like a destructive positive feedback loop in physiology. One person made a single negative comment with no details or explanation, and 70 posts later the inertia of this one comment is still keeping this thread going strong.

Sure, LECOM has some problems that shouldn't be whitewashed, but that doesn't mean it should be used as the designated punching bag of Pre-DO. Now, I know how much fun it is to see things get ugly, but in the long run, dragging any DO school through the mud lowers the reputation of all of them. If you really want to see something ugly, you might check out a surgical path book, try watching some COPS or just look at some Britney Spears pictures.

:thumbup: excellent post but it wall on deaf ears my friend. If you go back to the huge debate from last year, it went on for, if I remember correctly, 15 pages based upon the "proof" of two maybe three people. Even after many more came on to deny the proof given, it kept going. I guess people just like to see a fight, no matter if it is right or wrong. I agree with those that say medical school is your own destiny. If I fail a test do I blame it on the teacher or myself? I choose to blame it on my stupid self. However, so many others want it easy. They think that they did the hard part by getting accepted and that the works should be the easy part. Sure everyone tells you to study hard and do well on the boards but, if you don't and expect your school to pick up the slack, then maybe you should look into a new profession. Crap, I said more than I wanted to in this thread already. Damn you Lord of the Rings for being on TNT and distracting me!

You know...it really doesn't matter who started it, but a comment like that is really unacceptable for someone who wants to be a healer. This whole thread has taken off like a free radical chain reaction and has turned very, very nasty. Last month there was a derogatory thread about NSUCOM that resulted in a student being anonymously threatened.

An anonymous poster got his panties in a wad and made a vague statement about his school not preparing people for the boards. The only facts available show that plenty of people from that school pass the boards. If the OP can't, then s/he needs to spend a little more time with the books and a little less time bitching about it on SDN. As for the personal attacks...I just hope it stops.

i agree. I only said it because of jamers irritating statements about constantly getting laid, going to bar, etc. It was out of line and I apologize.

HAHAHAHAHAH. Omg, what is next, your momma jokes? Pming only proves that what you have to say isn't good enough to say it to everyone. It is second to threats of physical harm over the internet. I thought I left that behind when I stopped going on MIRC back in junior high school. Guess not. :(

Your momma is so fat...(why can't I remember any of these?!?)

you're equating what I said about PMing as me saying "lets take this out back?":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:thumbup: I feel completely saddened and embarassed that these people are actually entering medical professions (well at least attempting)...but maybe it's precisely this cohort that ends up failing out of a school, who knows.

:thumbup: I feel completely saddened and embarassed that these people are actually entering medical professions (well at least attempting)...but maybe it's precisely this cohort that ends up failing out of a school, who knows.

like you've never made a mistake or said anything stupid before...:rolleyes: scpods comment was constructive...

To the OP:

So what are those reasons? I'm thinking of applying to LECOM. Please tell me your experience via private message if you want. I just want all the info and I don't want to read the thread from last year which turned into a huge flame war and I couldn't even tell who was arguing what side after a while.

I honestly do not understand the criticism about the school not preparing you for boards. Aren't board scores directly depedent upon how much you study as an individual? As far as I know, the first two years are more or less identical anywhere in the US.

Besides, LECOM, like many other schools, offer a kaplan review course for the boards.

I dont get it:confused: . You mean you've never had beer or wine with dinner?

Never! If I am drinking, that's all I am doing until I go to sleep. I will eat right before I go to bed though. If I do both at the same time, everything tastes really gross, including the beer, and we can't have that!

like you've never made a mistake or said anything stupid before...:rolleyes: scpods comment was constructive...

yes I'm sure she has, but if you look through her posts i dont think she has said anything that can even come close to your gf comment....

kuba, u were such a nice guy when i met you at umdnj! why do you post things that would lead people to believe otherwise????

I'm with DRKUBA on the insult part. PM's are the best place to speak about 1on1 conflicts.
i also agree...
I sometimes wonder how some ppl got into med school. Maybe adcoms reading this forum (like it is posted in another thread) wouldn't be that bad afterall:smuggrin: .
Jamers, just quit being so arrogant...you prove not a sarcasm but hipocrism here.
Sarcasm is good when it is true and not so forced like you are desperatly trying to keep up with your "cool" sdn image.

DRKUBA just ignore ppl sometimes...it works wonders.

just my $0.02 i hope i won't get flamed for it now.:p

yes I'm sure she has, but if you look through her posts i dont think she has said anything that can even come close to your gf comment....

kuba, u were such a nice guy when i met you at umdnj! why do you post things that would lead people to believe otherwise????

because he got mad about Jamers stupid remarks of getting laid and going to the bar...:confused:
i don't blame him...it can boil your blood sometimes especially that i have noticed a while ago that Jamers had some problem with DRKUBA and started to enjoy himself too much provocking him on every occasion.

I vote for the use of PM next time and i gurantee you they will not exchange even one...
Some ppl enjoy flaming others in public...it's not the same if you PM:smuggrin:

because he got mad about Jamers stupid remarks of getting laid and going to the bar...:confused:
i don't blame him...it can boil your blood sometimes especially that i have noticed a while ago that Jamers had some problem with DRKUBA and started to enjoy himself too much provocking him on every occasion.

I vote for the use of PM next time and i gurantee you they will not exchange even one...
Some ppl enjoy flaming others in public...it's not the same if you PM:smuggrin:

yes i know that some people's comments can lead to boiling blood :p buuut instead of stooping down to jamers level and giving him the attention he may have been seeking wouldnt it have been better to say nothing and let him look like the ass?? oh who knows...im done rambling...

yes i know that some people's comments can lead to boiling blood :p buuut instead of stooping down to jamers level and giving him the attention he may have been seeking wouldnt it have been better to say nothing and let him look like the ass?? oh who knows...im done rambling...

i totally agree with you...that's why i said drkuba should just ignore...
I hope we can now move on and not turn all the threads into a personal fight:laugh:

So...where is the OP with his "more tomorow."?

...i was hoping this thread would be on the second page this morning:oops: . I should report myself and get this thread closed. Again, I was stupid = sorry.

I'll grant that Lecom has many, many annoying aspects. However, I think that they generally do a good job with board prep. My opinion is that you get out of med school what you put into it and nothing more. No one can spoon feed the material to you, as much as you might want them to. Med school is hard, and the amount of free time required is significant. I honestly think that there may just be a higher percentage of vocal whiners at Lecom... I know. I used to be one. :D

ok, sorry for the delay...

Pro's about LECOM
They are an accredited medical school
You can get your medical degree from them
They do their best to accomodate the students
They are one of the largest medical schools in the country

Ok, so now about the other issues about lecom. going back to first year, a lot of schools offer a much longer anatomy course, LECOM has prosection (and this year they had a partial prosection that actually took a lot of the grunt work out, but still let the first years dissect a bit- which i thought was a good learning tool) The reason that LECOM does this is to offer a basic science course that a lot of school don't in order to better prepare for the boards. The more repitition the better. The downside of this basic science course, called CORE (for core sciences) is that sometimes pharmacology or the other subject might only have 1-2 lecture hours, which means that your entire phramacology grade is based on 5-10 questions (up to 5 for every lecture hour). Granted that there are 4-6 CORE exams, but if you have a hard time shifting, then you will have a hard time bringing your grades back up.
Although i do like the concept of CORE, it is the execution that bothers me the most. At LECOM, we are told that Physiology, Pharmacology, and Pathology are some of the most important subjects. Yet, Pharm and Physiology have some of the worst lecturers.

Physio:
One of the teachers, Dr. A, is fantastic when you are with him in a small group or one on one. however, when he is lecturing in front of 100-150 people, he stutters and stammers so much that it makes it excrutiating and very hard to follow an already difficult subject. Not to mention the fact that his powerpoints often have errors in them. Dr. A is extremely dedicated and comes in at night, and on the weekends when requested by the students. It is my opinion that if he didn't screw up so much in class, he wouldn't have to put in extra time.
another proffessor, Dr. B speaks in an extremely monotone voice and reads off of the slides, as you can tell his lectures are wonderful to sit through.
A third prof , Dr. C lectures from PDF's, go to class and read the pdf's and you will be fine.
The fourth prof , Dr. D is the best one that they have at LECOM. a little dry, but her powerpoints are made so simple and she explains the concepts so well that you feel like you know the material walking out of the classroom.
The issue is that the majority of the lectures are done through Dr. A and B because they have been there the longest, and Dr's C and D barely lecture to us at all. Even though the student evalualtions have constantly stated that we prefer Dr. C and D, no real changes to the curriculum have been made.

Pharm:
We have three prof's who do the majority of the teaching.
Prof A - is a prof who drags lectures on. what i mean by this is that he takes 3 hours to cover what anyone else could in an hour. he is extremely boring and every time i sit through his lecture (i have never missed class) i wonder why i stay. does most of the lectures for frist year (7/8)
Prof B - warm, engaging man. Lectures are informative and you feel like you really learn the key concepts. rarely does laectue during first year.

Other issues that i have with first year and this year:
the clinicians!
although it is nice to get some real world experience from practicing clinicians, it just seems like some of them have no idea where we are in terms of the material, or they will often contradict info that the pHD's have told us.
There is not format for the lectures most of the time, if the clinician wants to do a powerpoint, then you are lucky, if they want to do projector slides, then you have to hope that you can copy everything down in time.
Sometimes the clinicians will go over items or disease that you have already heard 3-4 times, but they will have their own minute piece of information that contradicts what the PHD's have said so you have to 'relearn' the disease. while this is a positive thing for tests (being tested on diseases you have already covered) I want to learn medicine, not have 5 lectures on malaria.

All that aside, the real beef that i have is with the powers that be. As a second year preparing for boards, i want to know my chances and have a realistic outlook. And we were told at the begining of the year that if we didnt have a 3.0 the statistics showed that we had a 50/50 chance of passing the boards. Ok, that's fine. but over the following weeks, this point was repeated so many times that it became the battle cry of the administration and instead of being a motivating factor, was used as an anal cattle prod for instilling fear in us. LECOM has adopted the method of scare, demoralize, and demean. Every boards meeting we have we are told that we don't study enough, that our performance on the tests are below average, and, "you guys don't have a chance of passing boards if you keep on getting scores like this", or, "I am ashamed of this class".

It has gotten people so paranoid that this weekend we had a diagnostic test, just to see where people are, and people are so paranoid that they bought copies of the diagnostic test for $150-200!!! FOR A DIAGNOSTIC TEST!!! do you want to know the reason why? because we were told from the new dean of LDP that if we scored badly on this diagnostic, then we would be "heavily advised" from taking the boards until later on. in fact LECOM would even do us the favor of taking us off our rotations until we took the boards, just so we would have more time to study. (which means that we woulnd't be able to walk for graduation, or that we would be delayed graduating by up to a year, a year in which we would have to fund ourselves) This is completely condtradictory to the stats that we were shown that stated that the longer you took to take your boards, the worse the averages were! I am no means a bleeding heart liberal who thinks that people should be made to feel warm and fuzzy about themselves. If you screw up, face the consequences, be an adult about it. But if all you do to motivate people is try and instill fear in them, it wears out really quick. If you kick your dog once, he will come back to your side, but if you kick your dog every day, every chance you get, your dog will lose his trust in you and will avoid you at any cost. right now i feel like i cannot trust LECOM to prepare for the boards, i have to suck it up, and study on my own and get the job done (with the kaplan tapes! :) )

Basically the outlook of the school for boards is to use a master-slave mentality, whip them until they get it right. There is no positive feedback, no "hey guys, just keep on working harder and you will get it done", it's always, "why aren't you studying more!"

One of the deans often has classes where she assigns a journal article and we have to read it and take a quiz on it. Well this past week the questions were so abstract and completely based on semantics, and most people only got a 4/8 on it. When she found this out, she was furious and said, "I can't beleive that you all did so poorly on this, these are board style questions, if you can't do these, you will all fail miserably come july." But the simple fact remains, if out of 150 people, 89 get a 4/8, doesn't that mean something about the test and not the students?

This is the general theme for most of the tests at LECOM. we have come to expect mediocrity if not a complete lack of preparation for the test questions. There have been some tests in Heme/Onc where there were 7-10 repeated questions. Not a big deal? try making that 7-10 repeated twice = 14-20 questions out of a 75 question test.
There have also been tests where the correct answer is not present as well as absolutely horrbly written questions. there have been so many questions dropped from tests over the past semster that the average that LECOM would get if they wre graded on their tests is a 80%!! (if there was a70 question test and you dropped 9 questions and counted those as "wrong" choices). I am glad that LECOM does run statistics on their exam questions and drops ones that are low.

CODA: this is the clinicial course of LECOM. There is so much frustration with this that it could be a seperate post in itself. whenever you guys come to interview at the school, as the student ambassadors about CODA and watch their faces, you know what you will see? contained restraint. ask about the CODA manual and look at what you see. Did you know that for the two years of OMM we spend 200 hours practicing manipulation? pretty cool eh?
well, just for this semsester of CODA, we are spending 140 hours of it doing CODA!! you know what? 1/2 of it is complete BS and busywork!! 70 hours of my life where i could be studying for tests, or studying for the boards, spent doing paperwork!

Ultimately, the questions remains, would i come to this school again? The answer is unfortunately, No. At this point, i am just going to put my head down, forge ahead, and just get my degree and get the hell out of Erie. Medical school is not a place where i learn the art of medicine and learn how to deal with patients compassionately. It has unfortunetely degraded into a mutually parastic relationship. I am using the school to get my medical degree, and they are using me for my tuition money (which by the way they are using to make a $6 million dollar purchase of "columns" (http://www.ajuel.com/Lecom_Marble_Column_Designs.htm). I know that LECOM is one of the cheapest schools in the country, but unfortunately, i am getting what a paid for.

am i aware of discontent at other schools? yes, i understand that the poop is going to stink no matter which toilet you crap in, but there seems to be an awful lot of crap at LECOM. I understand that the school is trying to do it's best, but it's like trying to geta one armed man to clap, there is no way it's going to happen unless he gets a prosthesis. That's the biggest obstacle with my school. They have all these teacher evaluations and course evaluations and student governemnt boards, but they don't really apply the feedback that they recieve.

that's my two cents, i wasn't trying to bash my school, i was just laying out the facts so that poeple could have a good view of the real workings of LECOM, adn the frustrations that the students face here. I hope this helps to put (somewhat) of an objective viewpoint out there.

ps- and yes, i am glad i am in medical school i would rather be training to become a doctor, even with the frustrations of LECOM, than be doing anything else.

that's my two cents, i wasn't trying to bash my school, i was just laying out the facts so that poeple could have a good view of the real workings of LECOM, adn the frustrations that the students face here. I hope this helps to put (somewhat) of an objective viewpoint out there.

Next time you start a thread to not bash LECOM, you may want to avoid comparing it to the plague in the title. Just a thought.

yes, you are right, i should have been a little bit more careful about how i phrased things.

We had just gotten a glowing review from the dean, and i was quite upset about the situation at the time, and i lost my temper.

In my second resposnse i tried to be a little more level headed.

yes, you are right, i should have been a little bit more careful about how i phrased things.

We had just gotten a glowing review from the dean, and i was quite upset about the situation at the time, and i lost my temper.

In my second resposnse i tried to be a little more level headed.

Understandable. I'm sure you are the first person to have vented or spoken a little too quickly on SDN. (cough..Dr Kuba..cough..Jamers..cough).

Best of luck with your board studies.

ok enough making fun of poor LECOM...im sure its a great school...every school will have people who dont like it...hell i didnt really like DMU, which makes me pretty much the only person on the face of the planet who didnt.

Now can we get back to people making fun of peoples girlfriends, I'm starting to feel old and this so reminds me of high school!! good fun!

It's funny that SDNers had meltdowns waiting for the guy that started the thread to post his/her reasons for disliking LECOM. Is it a boring weekend or what! Although the girlfriend bashing is pritty amusing. Come on Paris and Lindsay let's hear some more. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.