LECOM-E early assurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhFlDO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
b

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
I know this topic has been discussed before, but so many of the answers are fuzzy and I'm just trying to find a concrete response. Unlike many of the people talking about the LECOM-E interview, I applied to their Early Acceptance Program from John Carroll University (I am a senior in high school) and was accepted for an interview. From what I read, the interview seems to be a group interview rather than individual. So, I have a few questions regarding this. Hopefully someone out there is also in the Early Acceptance Program from a different affiliated undergraduate university, because I'm not sure if the interview process is the same for normal applicants and the early acceptance ones. My first question is does anyone know what the questions typically are? Again, they could be different in the Early Acceptance program. Are the interviews pretty conversational/comfortable or is it more of a cut-throat, down-to-the-point interview? And Lastly, what does the normal interview day consist of?
Thanks so much.

I had the same interview with LECOM last year, and from what I remember if you got an interview than you basically had a guaranteed acceptance. The questions are very straight forward, like why you want to be a physician, and what your favorite volunteering activity is and etc.

I'm in the early acceptance program and an almost done with phase one. They'll put you guys in groups and you'll interview that way. I believe they do that with the tradition interview as well. The typical interview day consists of an an introduction to the school, a tour of the school, and lastly the group interview. In the interview they ask the "where do you see yourself in 10 years?" types of questions. Also questions about how you got interested in medicine (specifically osteopathic), and what you wanna do with your degree. While they use to be easier to get into, from what I hear it is getting more difficult (I hear that more people are hearing of the program and taking advantage of the guaranteed acceptance). Feel free to ask me on here or ask me directly any other questions you have!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys I am a high school junior who is very interested in applying to a lot of LECOM early acceptance programs. Can u guys rate my chances please?

3.56 uw gpa
4.58 w gpa
33act
Lot of medical ecs
Shadowing
Math team, scholastic team

Thanks guys. I'm def applying to like Gannon, st bonaventures,etc.

I'm in the early acceptance program and an almost done with phase one. They'll put you guys in groups and you'll interview that way. I believe they do that with the tradition interview as well. The typical interview day consists of an an introduction to the school, a tour of the school, and lastly the group interview. In the interview they ask the "where do you see yourself in 10 years?" types of questions. Also questions about how you got interested in medicine (specifically osteopathic), and what you wanna do with your degree. While they use to be easier to get into, from what I hear it is getting more difficult (I hear that more people are hearing of the program and taking advantage of the guaranteed acceptance). Feel free to ask me on here or ask me directly any other questions you have!

What was the turn around time for you? I am at an affiliated undergraduate university and have applied to the early acceptance program (just finished my sophomore year), and was offered an interview August 18th. I am just trying to get a feel for how soon I will get a response after the interview.

You will certainly be accepted for an interview for the program. I had a 28 and a 3.7 and was accepted to be interviewed. That interview is very important, though. LECOM really wants people who can communicate well for their early acceptance program, not just people who have incredibly high stats. It is also very good that you have prior medical experience that you can talk about in your interview!
3.7 weighted or unweighted? doesnt LECOM only consider unweighted GPAs??

What was the turn around time for you? I am at an affiliated undergraduate university and have applied to the early acceptance program (just finished my sophomore year), and was offered an interview August 18th. I am just trying to get a feel for how soon I will get a response after the interview.

It should take right around two weeks (at least that's how long it took for me). God bless and good luck with your interview!

It should take right around two weeks (at least that's how long it took for me). God bless and good luck with your interview!

two weeks for them to let you know if ur accepted or not???

two weeks for them to let you know if ur accepted or not???
Well it sort of seems like there isn't a lot for them to consider- they don't ask for a personal statement, an MCAT score, or an application. The application I filled out only asked for basic information like name and address and my cumulative GPA at my undergraduate. Plus whatever they glean from my interview.

After your interview, were those of you who were accepted notified by snail mail or email?

Hi, I'm a senior high school and I have my interview with LECOM this week. Does anyone know how the interview day works? the type of questions they would ask?