LECOM-E MMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for your insights asa0009. Appreciate it. To follow up, do they send out letters of acceptance based on Fall semester GPA, if one meets other criteria like MCAT score? Or do they add partial GPA of Spring semester and look at cumulative GPA?
Fall GPA. Im sure it might be a red flag if you’re failing a spring semester course though. I posted above they did hold all acceptances till after spring finals one year (2 years ago now I think) so that one clearly spring GPA mattered but besides that year. Just fall GPA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Fall GPA. Im sure it might be a red flag if you’re failing a spring semester course though. I posted above they did hold all acceptances till after spring finals one year (2 years ago now I think) so that one clearly spring GPA mattered but besides that year. Just fall GPA
That helps. Thanks for your clarification. Appreciate it.

Hi, for those that have gone through this program, can one hold a part time job while studying or is the program very intense?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, for those that have gone through this program, can one hold a part time job while studying or is the program very intense?
Absolutely not. Some people had a casual job where they worked like 8-16 hours a month just to keep it for summer and winter breaks. But I do know out of the few people who did this that I knew personally half of them ended up not making the cut off so.

Is there a Face Book Group for MMS students?

Absolutely not. Some people had a casual job where they worked like 8-16 hours a month just to keep it for summer and winter breaks. But I do know out of the few people who did this that I knew personally half of them ended up not making the cut off so.
Thanks for your response.

Hi, I'm recently applied to the LECOM Erie MMS program and I just had a quick question. Since I applied to the LECOM D.O. program originally, I was just wondering if MMS would be able to read my stats and everything from the AACOMAS that I sent earlier this cycle. I got an email from them asking me to fill out my stats but in the same email, it talked about how I wouldn't need to if I originally applied with AACOMAS. Is there a way I can let MMS know that I applied via AACOMAS? Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone, I got accepted into this program last month. For those in the program, is there a particular MCAT score I should shoot for to help boost my med school admissions chances? I am currently in the process of studying for a re-take in June and want to get it done before the program begins in mid-to-late August.
I also know there is the possibility I can waive my score and instead use the AIS but I wanted to keep my options open with the MCAT re-take.

Hi everyone, I got accepted into this program last month. For those in the program, is there a particular MCAT score I should shoot for to help boost my med school admissions chances? I am currently in the process of studying for a re-take in June and want to get it done before the program begins in mid-to-late August.
I also know there is the possibility I can waive my score and instead use the AIS but I wanted to keep my options open with the MCAT re-tak
You need the minimum of a 497 to be able to matriculate from the Mms program into the DO. But as long as you meet the gpa requirement for Mms program you will get that interview. Students in the past suggested to aim above the required 3.3 to increase you chances of getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm recently applied to the LECOM Erie MMS program and I just had a quick question. Since I applied to the LECOM D.O. program originally, I was just wondering if MMS would be able to read my stats and everything from the AACOMAS that I sent earlier this cycle. I got an email from them asking me to fill out my stats but in the same email, it talked about how I wouldn't need to if I originally applied with AACOMAS. Is there a way I can let MMS know that I applied via AACOMAS? Thank you in advance!
I was in the same situation. You do not need to fill out any transcript info. They automatically do it for you so no further action is required!

You need the minimum of a 497 to be able to matriculate from the Mms program into the DO. But as long as you meet the gpa requirement for Mms program you will get that interview. Students in the past suggested to aim above the required 3.3 to increase you chances of getting in.
Sounds good, thank you!

I also know there is the possibility I can waive my score and instead use the AIS but I wanted to keep my options open with the MCAT re-take.

Just highlighting this bit to give y'all something of a prediction: this academic year began classes on the 2nd Monday in August (8/10/2020).

Just highlighting this bit to give y'all something of a prediction: this academic year began classes on the 2nd Monday in August (8/10/2020).
Sounds good, thank you letting us know.

From last year, do you also remember when the school started sending out more info with regards to info about the progam start date, things to prepare for the orientation, etc.? I ask because anything we can do now to prepare would be great given there's still a coniderable period of time before the next academic year begins and in esence maximizing this time.

Sounds good, thank you letting us know. Do you remember when the school started sending out more info with regards to info about the progam start date, things to prepare for the orientation, etc.? I ask because anything we can do now to prepare would be great given there's still a coniderable period of time before the next academic year begins.
Last year they held 2 information sessions for us before the program began--one in May and another in July. The information sessions were structured with powerpoint presentations where they talk about the history of the school, the MMS curriculum, etc. If you have specific questions, it's a great time to bring them. They also had some time for us to ask questions to a few students who were planning to matriculate to the DO program from MMS and they were very open about their experiences so don't be afraid to ask.

Book list and fall schedule were released about a week before classes for us.

Last year they held 2 information sessions for us before the program began--one in May and another in July. The information sessions were structured with powerpoint presentations where they talk about the history of the school, the MMS curriculum, etc. If you have specific questions, it's a great time to bring them. They also had some time for us to ask questions to a few students who were planning to matriculate to the DO program from MMS and they were very open about their experiences so don't be afraid to ask.

Book list and fall schedule were released about a week before classes for us.
Awesome, thank you for sharing that.

And with regards to dates, do you know if there was a deadline for you to notify LECOM whether you are attending the program or not? Similar to like a deadline for Undergrad or medical school with regards to locking down your choice? I ask because although this program is my #1 program I am also looking at/considering a few other programs I have applied/been accepted to. Either way, I hope to make a decision by the early spring.

Awesome, thank you for sharing that.

And with regards to dates, do you know if there was a deadline for you to notify LECOM whether you are attending the program or not? Similar to like a deadline for Undergrad or medical school with regards to locking down your choice? I ask because although this program is my #1 program I am also looking at/considering a few other programs I have applied/been accepted to. Either way, I hope to make a decision by the early spring.
So they ask for a deposit to secure your seat, but ours last year didn't have any deadline associated with it. However, once I sent in the deposit, I received a matriculation packet with a list of forms to complete (including a physical) that had to be returned to LECOM, via mail, by July 1st.

Given that, I'd call July 1st a sort of soft deadline... because I know people were admitted after that and just had to get things done ASAP (which was more plausible given that because of COVID putting us online, we ended up not needing the vaccination verifications done).

Any idea whether MMS for upcoming year is online for beginning few weeks/months or online for entire academic year? The current MMS building at Erie is utilized by med students. Considering this and how MMS is online for current year, it makes me wonder it will be online for entire year as well. What do you guys think about possible scenario?

Any idea whether MMS for upcoming year is online for beginning few weeks/months or online for entire academic year? The current MMS building at Erie is utilized by med students. Considering this and how MMS is online for current year, it makes me wonder it will be online for entire year as well. What do you guys think about possible scenario?
I talked to jack ogden and he said Erie Mms program has not made a decision whether or not it will be online or in person. He said they will have a finally decision by April. He did say that if they can do it in person then they prefer that. I heard from a current mms student at Bradenton and she said the program will be online for next year (Bradenton Mms program)

Hello, I applied to Lake Erie mms program on Saturday and I checked my portal today which said that they have already made a decision on my application. What does that really mean? How can they make a decision in 5 days or less?

Hello, I applied to Lake Erie mms program on Saturday and I checked my portal today which said that they have already made a decision on my application. What does that really mean? How can they make a decision in 5 days or less?
Did you receive the 3 questions and submit response to those questions in video format?

It means you'll get a letter about admission in the mail.

I'm just perplexed that they made a decision in 1 week, and wondering if it's a rejection... :/
That's really surprising. From people who applied and were selected received video interview questions prior to getting a letter of acceptance/denial.

That's really surprising. From people who applied and were selected received video interview questions prior to getting a letter of acceptance/denial.
How come some people are getting interviews and some don't? I got accepted and didn't have any interview questions.

How come some people are getting interviews and some don't? I got accepted and didn't have any interview questions.
Very strange. May be applicants who received interview questions are sub par from those who don't and they would like to know more about them from video evaluation perspective or applicants who didn't get questions have already applied to LECOM DO through regular application cycle and were thus screened out in a seperate manner than MMS application. Not really sure about specific reason.

Very strange. May be applicants who received interview questions are sub par from those who don't and they would like to know more about them from video evaluation perspective or applicants who didn't get questions have already applied to LECOM DO through regular application cycle and were thus screened out in a seperate manner than MMS application. Not really sure about specific reason.
Yah that makes sense

Would it be safe to say that conditional acceptances into Med for MMS may be delayed due to the whole COVID situation. It's been some time after the interview and I'm curious if this is one of those years they wait until after May.

Would it be safe to say that conditional acceptances into Med for MMS may be delayed due to the whole COVID situation. It's been some time after the interview and I'm curious if this is one of those years they wait until after May.
Not even a single acceptance offered to MMS class yet?! What if they offer acceptance in May and there are no seats left for upcoming fall and you get pushed to next year by having gap year? There are so "Ifs" and "Buts" about this program.

Not even a single acceptance offered to MMS class yet?! What if they offer acceptance in May and there are no seats left for upcoming fall and you get pushed to next year by having gap year? There are so "Ifs" and "Buts" about this program.
At least a couple of Erie MMS students who ranked Bradenton as their #1 pathway/location were offered seats this week.

At least a couple of Erie MMS students who ranked Bradenton as their #1 pathway/location were offered seats this week.
Thanks for the info! Does that mean seats at the Erie, seton hill, and elmira campus are full? Even if you get accepted in May, are you offered seat for the next year? Did they tell you when the rest of acceptances will be offered? Trying to make my best bet before I start MMS in the fall. Thanks again!!!

Thanks for the info! Does that mean seats at the Erie, seton hill, and elmira campus are full? Even if you get accepted in May, are you offered seat for the next year? Did they tell you when the rest of acceptances will be offered? Trying to make my best bet before I start MMS in the fall. Thanks again!!!
No word yet for the Erie branches. Could be any day, could be after graduation, we don’t know.

No word yet for the Erie branches. Could be any day, could be after graduation, we don’t know.
Its so weird. Looking at the past MMS years, people started getting acceptances in late feb or early march. This year no acceptances for the Erie branch. I am wondering if COVID has got to do anything with it or they found better applicants to fill their class from general pool or linkage of MMS with DO has weakened?!! I hope some of you start getting acceptances soon 🙏

• Care
Its so weird. Looking at the past MMS years, people started getting acceptances in late feb or early march. This year no acceptances for the Erie branch. I am wondering if COVID has got to do anything with it or they found better applicants to fill their class from general pool or linkage of MMS with DO has weakened?!! I hope some of you start getting acceptances soon 🙏
Will sure send word when we hear anything. We are all on the edge of our seats as well.

Hey guys,

I have a question with regards to applicants who have successfully completed the program. Do you know if there are any statistics available for access in terms of the success rate of this program for the last year or the span of a couple of years? In particular, if there are such stats available for those students who completed this program and matriculated directly to Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine or other medical school programs?

I feel it's very important to know in terms of the benefit of pursuing this program.

Every year it's different on when the letters come out. However, LECOM does set aside seats for the MMS class, so there will be seats in the upcoming Fall for the class to matriculate into MS1. That's never an issue!

Erie has a couple buildings! We have Bayfront for our PBL pathway. Main and West (which are right next to each other and separated by a parking lot). Main is the building on all the paperwork - the glass one - and that is where the med students have class. West was built as a testing facility and it has a few labs in it - this is where the MMS class typically has classes. So there is space to be in person.

Don't worry!! Every year letters come out a different times. Last year students 3.8-4.0 got their conditional acceptances right away and EVERY other student got an alternate list letter. Then the 3.5-3.7 students started getting their conditionals in April. These numbers are based on Fall GPA btw! 2 years ago, no letters came out until June. The timeline of the letters doesn't matter, though it would take stress off I know, just keep doing what you're doing!

Hey guys,

I have a question with regards to applicants who have successfully completed the program. Do you know if there are any statistics available for access in terms of the success rate of this program for the last year or the span of a couple of years? In particular, if there are such stats available for those students who completed this program and matriculated directly to Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine or other medical school programs?

I feel it's very important to know in terms of the benefit of pursuing this program.

I don't know if the stats are public anywhere, but the school does have the stats! They showed them to us when we started the program, and we have to fill out paperwork at the end of the program and every school year about how we did, if we're matriculating to Erie or going elsewhere, etc.

I'm sure if you ask, you would be able to get the stats!

Can Erie MMS students also rank Bradenton? I assumed they could only rank Erie, SH, or Elmira.

Can Erie MMS students also rank Bradenton? I assumed they could only rank Erie, SH, or Elmira.
Yes, you can! I'm a current Erie MMS student that is conditionally accepted at Bradenton.

Don't worry!! Every year letters come out a different times. Last year students 3.8-4.0 got their conditional acceptances right away and EVERY other student got an alternate list letter. Then the 3.5-3.7 students started getting their conditionals in April. These numbers are based on Fall GPA btw! 2 years ago, no letters came out until June. The timeline of the letters doesn't matter, though it would take stress off I know, just keep doing what you're doing!
Ahhh thank you! That does make me feel a little more at ease.

So, if they wait until May/June to send acceptances, then obviously you won't be able to secure your choice of campus and pathway since they might get filled with general pool applicants. Which is the least competitive pathway and campus that MMS students are offered if accepted in May/June after completing MMS program? Thanks!