LECOM-E MMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm just perplexed that they made a decision in 1 week, and wondering if it's a rejection... :/
Did you get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

So, if they wait until May/June to send acceptances, then obviously you won't be able to secure your choice of campus and pathway since they might get filled with general pool applicants. Which is the least competitive pathway and campus that MMS students are offered if accepted in May/June after completing MMS program? Thanks!

They hold seats at all the pathways - for the MMS students. Most competitive is DSP (purely because it's ONLY at Erie and there's not a lot of seats), followed by PBL Erie. Most people end up going to LDP-Erie. Since the MMS program is structured LDP style, most students want to stick with it.

When you do your interview in early Spring of the MMS program, they have you fill out a campus ranking form so they know what students are interested in which pathways. It gives them a general idea of what seats to hold and where.

Then when you get your letter at the end of the semester the vast majority of the time it's where you wanted to go anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied 3/15/2021 and a few days ago it showed, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." cGPA 3.37 sGPA 3.07. Taking the MCAT in May.

I applied 3/15/2021 and a few days ago it showed, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." cGPA 3.37 sGPA 3.07. Taking the MCAT in May.
Also, my AIS score is decimals below the cutoff.

Current students of the MMS Erie,
I know you must be all busy studying for the Finals and I wish you all the best for it. I hope you get selected to your top choice campus and pathway after successful completion. Would accepted students kindly post in this forum if they got accepted into DO program after MMS completion? I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks and Good Luck All :)

Current students of the MMS Erie,

Hope you are finally done with your Final exams and did well. You can probably relax now..

Is there any clue, when they are planning to send acceptance letters to this batch?

Reactions: 1 user
Some acceptances have already gone out around mid March. Looks like people with 3.8+ GPA have received acceptances so far. But there are instances where people with even 3.8+ GPA haven't received their acceptances yet. So, I am not entirely sure why is it so? Are they trying to pick top 20 or 30 for incoming DO program and not just all who make the cut off which is at 3.5 GPA cumulative and not 3.3 GPA current MMS year? I seriously hope that would not be the case!
Are you sure if few of the Erie MMS students got acceptances into Erie campus? I thought of couple of them got acceptances into Brandenton campus who chose that as their choice. Probably Bradenton campus sent out acceptances in March, but not Erie campus sent acceptances to anyone yet. I was under that assumption. Is it not true?

Some acceptances have already gone out around mid March. Looks like people with 3.8+ GPA have received acceptances so far. But there are instances where people with even 3.8+ GPA haven't received their acceptances yet. So, I am not entirely sure why is it so? Are they trying to pick top 20 or 30 for incoming DO program and not just all who make the cut off which is at 3.5 GPA cumulative and not 3.3 GPA current MMS year? I seriously hope that would not be the case!
This would totally be against their original promise, though (i.e. 3.3 GPA + interview is good to go). I don't expect from them to deviate so far and simply fool their current/future students.

Hi all, current MMS student. We just finished our finals today so I’m sure most of us were focused on studying and not posting. I can only speak for my situation as I have not talked to too many fellow students about acceptances. I received an acceptance around March 22-23 (can’t remember the exact date) to my top choice Erie LDP. Fall semester GPA was a 3.84, which I assume was toward the top percentile of the class since I was in the first batch of acceptances sent out. Spring GPA is TBD because of finals, but somewhere (hopefully) around a 3.74. Additionally, I had a decent interview, but nothing spectacular if I’m being honest.
As for others, I personally know another student got accepted to the Erie PBL program. I don’t know their stats. I’m sure there are plenty of other students, but most probably don’t use SDN.
We were told that our conditional acceptance letter had 3.5 cumulative GPA at the Provost’s request, but the school would honor the 3.3 GPA that was initially in our MMS acceptance letter. At least in my experience this program has been very upfront about the linkage. Hope this helps! Goodluck

Reactions: 4 users
Hi Everyone! Current MMS student here. Read some of your comments and wanted to help clarify/answer any questions you may have. I was accepted a while back for the Erie-PBL pathway. My Fall GPA was a 4.0 and current Spring grades have not yet been posted. From my knowledge a small handful of students have gotten accepted, however there're still students hoping to hear good news. The admission process into the medical program varies year-to-year. I reckon given that the program was held completely online this year, they were a little hesitant and cautious in handing out acceptance letters.
There are various scenarios as to why many students haven't heard back yet even though we just took our last finals on Friday.

Scenario#1: If you did exceptional well the 1st semester, but fail Anatomy or Embryology (which a lot of students did) in the Spring. You unfortunately become ineligible to matriculate into the DO program via the MMS pathway. Most students remediate the courses they failed and end up applying elsewhere with their masters degree, reapply in the next cycle, or pursue a different career pathway.

Scenario#2: Given the competitiveness of matriculating into med school, a lot of students with average GPA end up waiting till the end of the semester (if not longer) to get a possible acceptance. As far as I'm aware, Students who meet the MCAT and 3.3 GPA cutoff without failing any courses eventually do get accepted at some point (It might just take longer for some).

Scenario#3: Many students haven't gotten an acceptance yet, because their performance on the finals heavily depends on whether they satisfy the requirements for matriculation.

Hope this helps... Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I'll try to answer them whenever I'm available. The MMS program is very doable if you're driven, dedicated, and willing to put in the work. It is NOT an easy route to med school. It is tough and challenging (in a good way :) ). Unfortunately, a lot of students enroll with a nonchalant mindset thinking they will just do the bare minimum and get into med school the following year, but sadly that's not a prudent strategic plan.

Good luck in the coming year as an MMS student and I wish y'all the best!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone! Current MMS student here. Read some of your comments and wanted to help clarify/answer any questions you may have. I was accepted a while back for the Erie-PBL pathway. My Fall GPA was a 4.0 and current Spring grades have not yet been posted. From my knowledge a small handful of students have gotten accepted, however there're still students hoping to hear good news. The admission process into the medical program varies year-to-year. I reckon given that the program was held completely online this year, they were a little hesitant and cautious in handing out acceptance letters.
There are various scenarios as to why many students haven't heard back yet even though we just took our last finals on Friday.

Scenario#1: If you did exceptional well the 1st semester, but fail Anatomy or Embryology (which a lot of students did) in the Spring. You unfortunately become ineligible to matriculate into the DO program via the MMS pathway. Most students remediate the courses they failed and end up applying elsewhere with their masters degree, reapply in the next cycle, or pursue a different career pathway.

Scenario#2: Given the competitiveness of matriculating into med school, a lot of students with average GPA end up waiting till the end of the semester (if not longer) to get a possible acceptance. As far as I'm aware, Students who meet the MCAT and 3.3 GPA cutoff without failing any courses eventually do get accepted at some point (It might just take longer for some).

Scenario#3: Many students haven't gotten an acceptance yet, because their performance on the finals heavily depends on whether they satisfy the requirements for matriculation.

Hope this helps... Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I'll try to answer them whenever I'm available. The MMS program is very doable if you're driven, dedicated, and willing to put in the work. It is NOT an easy route to med school. It is tough and challenging (in a good way :) ). Unfortunately, a lot of students enroll with a nonchalant mindset thinking they will just do the bare minimum and get into med school the following year, but sadly that's not a prudent strategic plan.

Good luck in the coming year as an MMS student and I wish y'all the best!
Thanks for the info! What happened to the facebook group page created for your class? I know there was one created. I don't see it now. Wondering what happened to it?

Thanks for the info! What happened to the facebook group page created for your class? I know there was one created. I don't see it now. Wondering what happened to it?
Unfortunately, I was never part of the Facebook group. So, I'm not aware of what happened to the group page.

I heard they sent out offer letters this week for successful Erie MMS batch. Any one received the Good News letters?

Hi everyone,

Any update on the statistics for this year's class? Also any update on if there will be a webinar/info session for accepted students and also when the program will begin? I have not seen much about this over the past few months other than something potentially going on this week.

Hi everyone,

Any update on the statistics for this year's class? Also any update on if there will be a webinar/info session for accepted students and also when the program will begin? I have not seen much about this over the past few months other than something potentially going on this week.
They've sent out an email today and included the Zoom connection information regarding a meeting on May-20 for those who are starting in the LECOM Erie Masters of Medical Science Program in 2021.

I got an acceptance letter today!
That's great. Congratulations... Good Luck...

Any idea on the stats like how many students got into MedSchool? Are they honoring 3.3 GPA if applicants doesn't have any failures?

That's great. Congratulations... Good Luck...

Any idea on the stats like how many students got into MedSchool? Are they honoring 3.3 GPA if applicants doesn't have any failures?
Looks like the poster (luke1018) got acceptance to the MMS program 2021-2022 and not the LECOM DO program.

Looks like the poster (luke1018) got acceptance to the MMS program 2021-2022 and not the LECOM DO program.
Yeah! Sorry, for the misunderstanding. I got accepted to the MMS program!

They've sent out an email today and included the Zoom connection information regarding a meeting on May-20 for those who are starting in the LECOM Erie Masters of Medical Science Program in 2021.
Was the invitation for accepted students or for any prospective students?

Was the invitation for accepted students or for any prospective students?
As far as I know, it was for the accepted students only. The admissions director as well as some of the professors and previous year's students joined the conversation. After they provided detailed info about the program, they let us ask open-ended questions and answered them sincerely. Although many of the same questions that were asked here were also asked to them over and over by many of the accepted students during the Zoom meeting, they answered them in full each time without getting bored. Thus, I really liked their professional attitude and openness.

As far as I know, it was for the accepted students only. The admissions director as well as some of the professors and previous year's students joined the conversation. After they provided detailed info about the program, they let us ask open-ended questions and answered them sincerely. Although many of the same questions that were asked here were also asked to them over and over by many of the accepted students during the Zoom meeting, they answered them in full each time without getting bored. Thus, I really liked their professional attitude and openness.
Thank you for the reply.