LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the matriculation packet it mentions an online orientation that must be completed prior to orientation.the link is http://my.lecom.edu/lecom/orientation/

but the link doesn't work...

Members don't see this ad.

wow this is amazing and they changed the portal already this morning when i had my interview yesterday

the portal says:It was a pleasure interviewing you at LECOM Erie. The Admissions Committee will make a final decision on your application within 30 days and notify you of the decision.

a lady from the admissions office also asked me via email this morning to email her my unofficial copy of fall grades.

is this a good or bad sign?

it's driving me nuts now

any opinion?

wow this is amazing and they changed the portal already this morning when i had my interview yesterday

the portal says:It was a pleasure interviewing you at LECOM Erie. The Admissions Committee will make a final decision on your application within 30 days and notify you of the decision.

a lady from the admissions office also asked me via email this morning to email her my unofficial copy of fall grades.

is this a good or bad sign?

it's driving me nuts now

any opinion?

That should be good sign. If they were not seriously considering you, they wouldn't need ur fall grades. Kepp your fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
That should be good sign. If they were not seriously considering you, they wouldn't need ur fall grades. Kepp your fingers crossed.

thank you and i really hope so. i will pray so hard:love::xf:

I have a interview on 02/02/11:xf:

Lecom Bradenton---Accepted:love:
Lecom Erie ---Interview 02/02/11
University of Charleston---Interview 01/22/11
Wingate University ---Interview 01/28/11
Nova Southeastern University---Interview 02/08/11

good luck, is lecom-erie your first choice?

In the matriculation packet it mentions an online orientation that must be completed prior to orientation.the link is http://my.lecom.edu/lecom/orientation/

but the link doesn't work...

The orientation is in August, so there's still time. It could also be that LECOM's class isn't finalized yet?

Hey Pharmdnj718, you've finally had your January 18th interview at LECOM-Erie. ;) So, what do you think?

The orientation is in August, so there's still time. It could also be that LECOM's class isn't finalized yet?

Hey Pharmdnj718, you've finally had your January 18th interview at LECOM-Erie. ;) So, what do you think?

i loved it and i'm keeping my fingers crossed. someone from the admission office asked me to email her fALL Grades, i don't know if it's good or bad? so nerve wrecking. i love the school and i really want to get in. :xf:

I hope you get in pharmdnj718. I have my interview on Feb 9. How long did the entire process take? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Raj Wal, how soon after LECOM Erie received your application did you receive an invite for the interview?? I am biting my nails now -- still no interview :-((

PharmCAS sent it on Dec 20th and i received my interview e-mail on Jan 7 for an interview on Feb 9th. Good luck

I hope you get in pharmdnj718. I have my interview on Feb 9. How long did the entire process take? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

the interview was from 945-1pm. be yourself and don't be nervous. good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard anything from LECOM yet, they received my application in December, and it is still under review. This is my first choice school, and I'm getting anxious!! How long did it take LECOM to review your application before you were contacted for an interview?

I still haven't heard anything from LECOM yet, they received my application in December, and it is still under review. This is my first choice school, and I'm getting anxious!! How long did it take LECOM to review your application before you were contacted for an interview?

i submitted my application in september, LECOM-ERIE SENT me the email saying the application has been processed in mid-october, contacted me for email in mid-november for jan 18th interview. hope this timeline hopes. i'm waiting for a decision from them, LECOM is my first choice. I need to get in. Good luck

That sounds familiar pharmdnj718 ;)

oh yay, i'm still waiting since i interviewed on jan 18th. i'm not sure it's good or bad they asked for my fall grades the day after the interview via email. it's so nervewrecking. let me know, thanks

Thank you! Three years program sounds really attractive.Me and my family from Florida, it would be nice to see snow:) Let us know if you get accepted:thumbup:

i will let you know. congrats on getting into lecom-bradenton, good luck in february interviewing with lecom-erie. :xf:

I just got an interview invite today via email :). My interview invite is schedule for 2/22

:) I have an interview with Lecom-Erie on 2/2 too. I guess I'll see you in less than 2 weeks.

I got an interview for 3/2. I really like the idea of 3 yr program but there is sooo much negative publicity for this school...Is anybody worried about this??

I got an interview for 3/2. I really like the idea of 3 yr program but there is sooo much negative publicity for this school...Is anybody worried about this??

I'll assume you're talking about dress code, no food, attendance, and such. Here's the thing you have to consider. What is worth more to you. I decided that a 3 year school where I pay a total of 67,000 in tuition was worth some of the crap that I may have to put up with. To be honest, I don't feel a dress code is too much to ask for, and you should have to go to class. The food thing is a little weird, but people at the school explained that by saying, disallowing food and drink allowed them to not hire as much custodial staff, just another way to keep tuition down. It's all about what is important to you.

2011Bound, yes, that is pretty much what I am referring to... I am all for going to class, I dont mind that...Actually, I am an audio learner so I do have to go to class to get the most of the lecture...But there are circumstances that require you to miss a class or two and I dont think it would be fair to punish a student for it.
I will interview with LECOM, and then make up my mind.... But it is hard to ignore the fact that more than one student called the school " a joke" or said "stay away"

Forget about dress code, food and drink policy, and even the rule about missing a class, what do people who have decided to attend think about the quality of the program? Are LECOM graduates competitive and competent? What about NAPLEX first time pass rate?

I have been accepted by Lipscomb and Midwestern AZ. I am still going to interview at a few more schools including LECOM for it's affordable education. But I do not want this to end up one of those situations where you get what you pay for. I am not here to judge LECOM Erie's reputation. I am simply asking an important question: what is the quality of the program? Can anyone here answer this question objectively?

You can tell me that what I get out from any program is what I put in. But not all programs are created equal. I am shopping for the best program available to me money-wise and quality-wise.

Forget about dress code, food and drink policy, and even the rule about missing a class, what do people who have decided to attend think about the quality of the program? Are LECOM graduates competitive and competent? What about NAPLEX first time pass rate?

I have been accepted by Lipscomb and Midwestern AZ. I am still going to interview at a few more schools including LECOM for it's affordable education. But I do not want this to end up one of those situations where you get what you pay for. I am not here to judge LECOM Erie's reputation. I am simply asking an important question: what is the quality of the program? Can anyone here answer this question objectively?

You can tell me that what I get out from any program is what I put in. But not all programs are created equal. I am shopping for the best program available to me money-wise and quality-wise.

From the notes I took during the interview, I have their first time NAPLEX pass rate at 97%. I remember it having been on the rise from past years. I haven't been to the school yet, so I can't speak for the program itself. I know that this is the school I want to go to. It might not be the program for you. Of course there are programs that are known as being better. However, LECOM erie is fully accredited and I don't care what other people do, or how they perform. I am 25 and married, and the most important thing for my wife and I was getting a good, quick, cheap education. Could I have gotten into a "better" school with the stats I have? Possibly, but I'll never know because I withdrew my applications. That isn't my concern. If this is your concern then I would be applying to the best possible programs and attending the highest ranked school you are accepted to. Good luck.

Yes , I'm attending :laugh:

i will be attending too if i get in. it seems like most people hear from them a week after the interview. hopefully i hear from them next week too. congrats too. do you think how much is the deposit? how long do they give you before submitting your deposit?

Hey everyone! I am attending LECOM-Erie next year. :hello: I was wondering if we have a facebook group for the class of 2014? I would love to start getting to know everyone who is going there!

I personally don't know anyone who currently goes to LECOM's pharmacy school. However, our family doctor is a DO who graduated from LECOM and he is employed by a big health system in the region. Based on my experience, I have to say he is great at what he does. Also, I do know that placement rate of LECOM pharmacy graduates has been 100% so far. Some of them have gone on to do residencies. And most of us know that residencies are hard to get into. If they were not competitive/competent enough, their placement rate would say likewise.

In my opinion, a good school is the one that fits your personality and needs. I am simply answering your question. It is essentially your decision.

I would really appreciate it if all the students who already have had their interview with LECOM to this day, can take some time to do the interview feedback survey. The last entry is from 2009. It will really help the future interviewees.

today is the best day of my life and my dream came true today when i received my acceptance letter in the mail earlier today. LECOM-ERIE IS my first choice and i will definitely be attending. thank you for everyone's help and support, I couldn't have done it without you guys and i will be looking forwarding to joining all of you in august. :love:

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:)
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-committee hold
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18-accepted 01/26 and attending:laugh::love:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of Pharmacy-interview 03/12/2011:xf:

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh:
Presbyterian College-declined interview
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011-declined interview
University of New England-03/04/2011:xf:
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-interview 02/03/2011:xf:
Idaho State University-still waiting
Concordia-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

Last edited:
there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:)
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-committee hold
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18-accepted 01/26 and attending:laugh::love:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of Pharmacy-still waiting

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh:
Presbyterian College-declined interview
Husson University-interview 02/04/2011:xf:
University of New England-03/04/2011:xf:
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-interview 02/03/2011:xf:
Idaho State University-still waiting
Concordia-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-interview 01/28/2011-declined interview

:rolleyes: how much money did u spend on apps?
At the interview did they give out any statistics?

:rolleyes: how much money did u spend on apps?
At the interview did they give out any statistics?

2000 on the applications, over 1000 on interview expenses (hotels and flights)

yes they did give out stats on the interview

Congrats pharmdnj718! You should join the facebook group!

today is the best day of my life and my dream came true today when i received my acceptance letter in the mail earlier today. LECOM-ERIE IS my first choice and i will definitely be attending. thank you for everyone's help and support, I couldn't have done it without you guys and i will be looking forwarding to joining all of you in august. :love:

Congratulations!!!! I know how excited you must be:D. I remember seen last year applicants getting their acceptance and placing the happy smile ":D", my only hope was that I would be one of them one day. SO HERE WERE ARE!!! :soexcited: SEE YOU SOON:nod:
To the rest of you be patient as your day will come, hopefully soon enough!!!

Congratulations!!!! I know how excited you must be:D. I remember seen last year applicants getting their acceptance and placing the happy smile ":D", my only hope was that I would be one of them one day. SO HERE WERE ARE!!! :soexcited: SEE YOU SOON:nod:
To the rest of you be patient as your day will come, hopefully soon enough!!!

thank you so much and you know how much i wanted this. i can't wait to see you in august. God heard my prayers

Yes it does. I think there was a gap from when my email was deactivated and when I updated my LECOM portal with my new email address. I'm going to talk to LECOM on Monday so I can check out that matriculation packet. Thanks.

I just got accepted today. thank you so much for everything, see you in august.

From the notes I took during the interview, I have their first time NAPLEX pass rate at 97%. I remember it having been on the rise from past years. I haven't been to the school yet, so I can't speak for the program itself. I know that this is the school I want to go to. It might not be the program for you. Of course there are programs that are known as being better. However, LECOM erie is fully accredited and I don't care what other people do, or how they perform. I am 25 and married, and the most important thing for my wife and I was getting a good, quick, cheap education. Could I have gotten into a "better" school with the stats I have? Possibly, but I'll never know because I withdrew my applications. That isn't my concern. If this is your concern then I would be applying to the best possible programs and attending the highest ranked school you are accepted to. Good luck.

I just got accepted today. thank you so much for everything, see you in august.

Just an another reminder. I would really appreciate it if all the students who already have had their interview with LECOM to this day, can take some time to do the interview feedback survey. The last entry is from 2009. It will really help the future interviewees.