Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm here in Erie with my two kids now. We moved in last weekend. If anyone wants to have a 2011 get-together for those of us in Erie early, let me know!
I'm down for that. I'll be up there in a few weeks.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm here in Erie with my two kids now. We moved in last weekend. If anyone wants to have a 2011 get-together for those of us in Erie early, let me know!
I'm here in Erie with my two kids now. We moved in last weekend. If anyone wants to have a 2011 get-together for those of us in Erie early, let me know!
Hey guys! I'm attending LECOM Medical in the fall and I am looking for a female roommate. I just put down a deposit on a 2/2 in the Yacht Club apartments which are very close to campus and rent is 565/person plus utilities. The apartment is 1551 square feet and comes with appliances, a garage, and granite countertops! It's a really cute area and is gated! E-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested.
(You can check them out online at www.yachtclubatheritageharbour.com)
Hi Class of 2011!
I had a quick question - maybe some existing students can offer some advice on this one too.
Anyone look into cable and internet services yet? What kind of deals are you finding and from where? I will be living in Lakeview and they said I have to have things transferred to my name soon so just trying to get an idea of what's offered out there!
Thanks in advance 😀
Hi Class of 2011!
I had a quick question - maybe some existing students can offer some advice on this one too.
Anyone look into cable and internet services yet? What kind of deals are you finding and from where? I will be living in Lakeview and they said I have to have things transferred to my name soon so just trying to get an idea of what's offered out there!
Thanks in advance 😀
That DVR does sound really tempting.... But anyway I just got my lab work done last week and it shows im negative for the hep B and Rubeola IgG's. Even though I've already been immunized before! arg. So I got a bunch of shots last week and I called lecom today, I guess im gonna get another titer check in 6-8 weeks (July 20th) and hopefully it resolves itself but if i am still negative I have to get the hep B and rubeola whole series again. Is anyone else having problems with their immune systems??!!
Hey everyone, I just got called and was accepted! I was hoping I could get some advice on housing, or any links?
Hey everyone, I just got called and was accepted! I was hoping I could get some advice on housing, or any links?
Congratulations!!! Here is a link for the housing guide they gave us in the housing packet, which they will probably send out to you soon. Http://www.rentalguideerie.com. My wife and I are probably staying at landmarksquare apartments. www.landmarksquareapartments.com.
I'm here in Erie with my two kids now. We moved in last weekend. If anyone wants to have a 2011 get-together for those of us in Erie early, let me know!
Pain in the butt.
I just found out that my insurance is going to cover me for emergencies only once I move to PA. 😡
So when the heck is LECOM gonna put a schedule online so that we know the dates of our Thanksgiving and winter breaks? I'll have to schedule doctor appointments in NJ then.
This just ticks me off.
Oh, does LECOM have like a student health center like in undergrad? Or are you on your own?
Any current students or anyone from Erie know what cellular service providers are good in Erie and on campus?
It's a great feeling! Can't wait for the white coat ceremony. 👍
Is anyone else worried about the lack of info they have gotten from the school. Other than the original medical forms and the housing info and the FASFA stuff I havent gotten anything else. I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten anything like calendars or book lists that kind of crucial school stuff???
Is anyone else worried about the lack of info they have gotten from the school. Other than the original medical forms and the housing info and the FASFA stuff I havent gotten anything else. I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten anything like calendars or book lists that kind of crucial school stuff???
That DVR does sound really tempting.... But anyway I just got my lab work done last week and it shows im negative for the hep B and Rubeola IgG's. Even though I've already been immunized before! arg. So I got a bunch of shots last week and I called lecom today, I guess im gonna get another titer check in 6-8 weeks (July 20th) and hopefully it resolves itself but if i am still negative I have to get the hep B and rubeola whole series again. Is anyone else having problems with their immune systems??!!
I had all the immunizations as a child as well as chicken pox but came back negative for varicella (chicken pox), measles and mumps. I had to get all three again. I have another two weeks before I can check my titers. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I turn positive.
As for the nervousness, I'm also feeling pretty nervous in general, both about not receiving anything from LECOM and also about not having been a full time student in a few years....🙂
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only nervous one! I haven't been this freaked out since I left home to go to college - and that was ten years ago!! 😱
I was wondering - is everybody taking out the maximum that LECOM is offering in loans? It's so much money...I'm totally freaked out to borrow that much.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only nervous one! I haven't been this freaked out since I left home to go to college - and that was ten years ago!! 😱
I was wondering - is everybody taking out the maximum that LECOM is offering in loans? It's so much money...I'm totally freaked out to borrow that much.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only nervous one! I haven't been this freaked out since I left home to go to college - and that was ten years ago!! 😱
I was wondering - is everybody taking out the maximum that LECOM is offering in loans? It's so much money...I'm totally freaked out to borrow that much.

anyone know what happens if a battery of vaccinations won't be completed before classes start? i also have to redo the mmr, and get the hep b vaccine.
I have to get the Hepatitis B immunization, and Amy said just to get as much of it done as possible before classes start. I'm not sure about the MMR, though. Good luck!
I spoke to the doc who checks them over(the immunizations), He said if youtiters are negative and you're working to solve that problem(getting shots, etc), then you're fine, so I don't think you need to get re titered to be able to enter school, though I don't have the final on that yet.
I'm taking out the max. We'll see how the first year goes, and that'll help with deciding how much to take out the next year.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.