Lecom Erie class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CamRx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first choice school mostly because the accelerated 3 year program. Hoping that I have enough to score an Interview. My stats are
3.35 GPA
BA in Biomedical Science minor in Biomedical Physics
Took the pcat once a while back got a 72
2 years of medical assistant experience.

I want to hear from others that are applying here for 2014 (class of 2017)

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I like the fact they have an accelerated 3 year program as well. LECOM sent me all the info to finish up my supplemental application and now it is basically just a waiting game. My stats are similar to yours: 3.29 GPA, BS in Cell and Developmental Biology, 76 PCAT, and undergraduate research experience. Good luck!

Did you apply/ plan on applying anywhere else?

Yeah. I took the advice of others and applied broadly. Just hoping to get in somewhere for the Fall of 2014.

Cool. Ill be interested in seeing when lecom contacts you. Keep me informed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted my application. I still have one transcript yet to make it to pharmCAS but now its just a waiting game lol

Yeah...it will be one big waiting game haha.

Finally all of my transcripts have made it to PharmCAS. Now I'm just waiting for my GPA to be calculated. Have you heard anything yet from any school?

Hey everyone. I'll be reapplying to lecom. Hope we hear something. Just waiting on transcripts to Pharmcas and then e submit! So of course I haven't heard anything yet, ha.

Same, just hoping I can make the cut. Do you mind sharing your stats for the first time around?

Hey everyone. I'll be reapplying to lecom. Hope we hear something. Just waiting on transcripts to Pharmcas and then e submit! So of course I haven't heard anything yet, ha.

What were your stats the first time?

I'm just curious haw you guys seen that we hate LECOM website?

My Application has been sent to Lecom. Only took PharmCAS 1 day to calculate my GPA :)

That's true. Lol.

I'm just curious to see what LECOM applicants think about it.

It doesn't bother me. There are haters at EVERY school. Who cares. If you get an interview then check the school out. If you like it then go there. If not, don't. Lol that's my philosophy.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's true. Lol.

I'm just curious to see what LECOM applicants think about it.

Also, a lot on that site doesn't make a lot of sense. They are complaining how much the Ferrettis are making and how "high" lecoms costs are. Last time I checked lecom was one of the most affordable non-state schools around. 25k a year for tuition compared to South, midwestern which are around 45k a year for tuition

Also, a lot on that site doesn't make a lot of sense. They are complaining how much the Ferrettis are making and how "high" lecoms costs are. Last time I checked lecom was one of the most affordable non-state schools around. 25k a year for tuition compared to South, midwestern which are around 45k a year for tuition

I interviewed and was accepted to LECOM B and while I was at the interview I didn't like what I had seen. Students and faculty kind of rubbed me the wrong way. But I digress. I just wanted to see what y'all thought. It is intresting to see the current students post in the fourm on that site. Either way I hope you all get in to your #1 school. And good luck.

I interviewed and was accepted to LECOM B and while I was at the interview I didn't like what I had seen. Students and faculty kind of rubbed me the wrong way. But I digress. I just wanted to see what y'all thought. It is intresting to see the current students post in the fourm on that site. Either way I hope you all get in to your #1 school. And good luck.

Did you interview last year or this year?

Thank you for your insight. LECOM, as with any other school, has a long list of negatives and positives that I will most likely take into consideration if I am ever accepted. I agree with CamRx that my decision to attend a certain pharmacy school should be based on my own experiences. If I end up not liking LECOM, then so be it, but it would be foolish to let the words of others influence my decisions. Like Dwight Howard....I hate you D12.

That was my view too which led me to apply. Good luck!

How long did it take for you guys to get your GPAs updated / and calculated? I just e-submitted my PharmCAS.

Please note, I did apply very late in the process without having the "best" stats.

PharmCAS Calculations*
3.01 cumulative
2.8 science
BS in biology which was obtained this past may. My PharmCAS GPA was not updated from Spring 2013 which I did well in.
2+ Years of Pharmacy Retail Experience
Volunteer / Academic Involvement which may bore everyone if I went into detail.

How about everyone else? I really hope we all hear good news. To be honest, applying again is pretty stressful. :(

Thank you for your insight. LECOM, as with any other school, has a long list of negatives and positives that I will most likely take into consideration if I am ever accepted. I agree with CamRx that my decision to attend a certain pharmacy school should be based on my own experiences. If I end up not liking LECOM, then so be it, but it would be foolish to let the words of others influence my decisions. Like Dwight Howard....I hate you D12.

Are you also applying to mcphs Worcester by any chance? If so have u applied yet?? I know this is a lecom thread but im ridiculously anxious to get the application done and have my interview invite.

How long did it take for you guys to get your GPAs updated / and calculated? I just e-submitted my PharmCAS.

Please note, I did apply very late in the process without having the "best" stats.

PharmCAS Calculations*
3.01 cumulative
2.8 science
BS in biology which was obtained this past may. My PharmCAS GPA was not updated from Spring 2013 which I did well in.
2+ Years of Pharmacy Retail Experience
Volunteer / Academic Involvement which may bore everyone if I went into detail.

How about everyone else? I really hope we all hear good news. To be honest, applying again is pretty stressful. :(

It only took one whole day for them to calculate mine. I submitted it really late Friday and it was done first thing Tuesday morning.

Someone got an invitation for interview from LECOM-B so I am hoping to hear soon from our LECOM!

I'm thinking they are waiting on my transcripts from the Spring Semester before I graduated. Oh and LECOM-B handing out interviews already? Well looks like I made it sort of on time to have them review. Hoping by the end of this week everything will be updated.

Anyone hear back from LECOM yet?

My application says my app will be sent to lecom on 9/3/13 so I'm guessing it will be sent this Tuesday. How long did it take for them to send you supplemental application stuff?

Hey CamRX they got my transcripts within a day or 2 of me e-submitting my PharmCAS. So now it's waiting on verification. They said 4-5 weeks it usually takes? Looks like they already had most of my stuff so maybe that's why it won't take as long. Since i submitted on the 28th which was Thursday I'm assuming like 2-3 business days to verify only 1 semester. (spring 2013).

LECOM sent me the supplemental email pretty quickly, I want to say like 3-4 days? There is no essay and all you have to do is sign up.

And pay 50 dollars. Lol

I submitted my PharmCAS on the 27th. GPA Update / Verification complete.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited:
I have been given an interview invite at LECOM-E and all I have to do is choose the date and time now. Check your admission portal guys!

I have been given an interview invite at LECOM-E and all I have to do is choose the date and time now. Check your admission portal guys!

Congratulations! Nothing here. I only applied to Bradenton :/

Congratulations! Nothing here. I only applied to Bradenton :/

If I remember right we had the same PCAT score and your GPA is better than mine. I am sure you will be getting an interview in the very near future.

Congratulations man when was the earliest interview date?

The earliest one would be the 15th of October, but I might have to choose a later date due to scheduling conflicts.

*update* I will interviewing at LECOM on the 19th of Nov.

Last edited:
Congrats on the interview invites! Supplemental Complete!

Cleaveland

Last edited:
how long did you have to wait to hear about the interview after you submitted your supplemental?

Submitted supplemental application today!

I submitted my supplemental 13 days ago. You think its still too soon? Portal status says "Currently your application is under review by the admissions committee."

I submitted my supplemental 13 days ago. You think its still too soon? Portal status says "Currently your application is under review by the admissions committee."

They state that it should take around 30 or so days for a response. I am sure you will get a response soon. Check your LECOM portal occasionally because that is how I found out prior to receiving the email.

Yeah from what I remember it took 2-3 weeks and a month for lecom B. of course it all depends on their end and how fast the turnover is.

Good job guys. Now it is just a big waiting game and it took about 3 weeks before I got an actual response.
I submitted my supplemental around Aug 6th and since then have I received two emails stating my application was missing LORs and my PCAT Score. After the second email I figured I had already given them close to four weeks, so I emailed them last week. Today I received an email to schedule an interview through their portal.

They will start interviews Oct 15 - May 6th on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Good luck to all! I'm not sure which date I want to set it up for. Flights to their tiny airport is EXPENSIVE!

Got an interview invite! Still trying to figure a date to go. I like the 3 year accelerated program, and think I'd like the area being close to Lake Erie.

Congrats on the interview invite! I received one as well. I finally picked the 15th of October. There were so many choices on which day to visit.

Congrats on the interview invite! I received one as well. I finally picked the 15th of October. There were so many choices on which day to visit.

Congratulations! Let us know how the interview goes. I scheduled mine for Mid-November!

Congratulations! Let us know how the interview goes. I scheduled mine for Mid-November!

Will do Vuuha. I'm very excited. Kind of nervous though since it's the first day. Hope they aren't expecting like everyone to have 4.0s first to get accepted

Will do Vuuha. I'm very excited. Kind of nervous though since it's the first day. Hope they aren't expecting like everyone to have 4.0s first to get accepted
Consider yourself one of the firsts they would like to accept with such an early interview date! Stay confident in yourself and good luck! I am scheduled for Oct 29th!

I'm still waiting for them to process my supplemental. How long after the process of supplemental did you guys hear about an interview date? Was it the next step?

Hey I really appreciate the feedback. CamRx, I think you submitted it last week as well right? They said anywhere from now to 30 days it will take to process. Are all your classes completed as well as letters of recommendations from a science professor and the second one? I would call them to make sure.

The interview invite was the next step after the supplemental application has been processed.

Hey I really appreciate the feedback. CamRx, I think you submitted it last week as well right? They said anywhere from now to 30 days it will take to process. Are all your classes completed as well as letters of recommendations from a science professor and the second one? I would call them to make sure.

Yea everything is completed. I submitted my supplemental on 9/2/13 I've gotten an interview for another school already.

Yea everything is completed. I submitted my supplemental on 9/2/13 I've gotten an interview for another school already.

My mistake. I submitted my supplemental 9/9/13

I submitted my supp on 9/9/13 as well, and my portal changed today saying its under review. Hopefully we will hear something this week!!!!