Lecom Erie class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do we have to do a drug check and background check? My drug test was $53 and background check $15... did everyone pay both? i am just confused because the email i received said i hadn't completed everything but i thought i did what it told me to do when i first received it from the application station. thanks!!

Yes, they are different tests and you need to pay both. I did both in October/ Nov

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone who attended the January 28th interview heard anything??

Also for anyone who got accepted or received their letter....how long did it take after the interview to receive it? Im anxious!

Members don't see this ad :)
It took a week for me to receive an acceptance letter from them. But the date on the letter was three days after my interview date.

Also for anyone who got accepted or received their letter....how long did it take after the interview to receive it? Im anxious!
I interviewed on Jan 14 and my letter was dated the 20th

Did anyone notice if their admissions status changed to something saying that a decision has been made? or did it just stay on the status saying, it was a pleasure to interviewing you...thanks

I attended on the 28th, but I haven't received a letter yet...let me know if you do:)

Reactions: 1 user
It took a week for me to receive an acceptance letter from them. But the date on the letter was three days after my interview date.
Do you like around erie pa? Just wonder that will it take longer time for people out of pa because of delivering time? Thanks!

Do you like around erie pa? Just wonder that will it take longer time for people out of pa because of delivering time? Thanks!
Sorry! I meant do you live close to erie pa?

Did anyone notice if their admissions status changed to something saying that a decision has been made? or did it just stay on the status saying, it was a pleasure to interviewing you...thanks
yes i just checked today and mine says they made a decision I should receive something in the mail within 10 days!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. I got my letter today saying I am an alternate. Does anyone know what this means? From reading the letter I am confused. It says my admission is contingent upon my successful completion of 1 class. Does this mean if I get a C or better in this class I will be accepted?? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
So, someone really agrees with me, I thought I was the only one who thought that. I was placed on alternate list, probably because of the interview! I know I have good ideas and good answers but like I said I never got my chance to answer.

Yes I applied to several other schools. What I liked about LECOM is the accelerated program 2 years and 10 months.

Have you heard anything since you have been on the alternate list? I was excited once I got my letter but now that I have read some posts about the alternate list I am nervous now that I might not actually even get in at all.

Hey guys. I got my letter today saying I am an alternate. Does anyone know what this means? From reading the letter I am confused. It says my admission is contingent upon my successful completion of 1 class. Does this mean if I get a C or better in this class I will be accepted?? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Congratulations on your acceptance AJDisc6y! According to the admission lady, right now the up coming 2017 class is already filled up with 143 students for this year, so all the new interview groups will be placed in either waiting list or alternate list if we are accepted. I am not so sure what is the difference between waiting list and alternate list and what is the chance of filling in for the ones that are fully accepted but do not want the seats.

However, the admission said the 01/28 interview group would be the first people in these lists. I guess probably they mention it more in details in the flask drive that they gave you. I am not so sure because I have not watched it yet. Just check it out.

By the way AJDisc6y, how far do you live from Erie. Also, when did you receive the letter? Is it a small envelope or a big envelop? Thank you!

Congratulations on your acceptance AJDisc6y! According to the admission lady, right now the up coming 2017 class is already filled up with 143 students for this year, so all the new interview groups will be placed in either waiting list or alternate list if we are accepted. I am not so sure what is the difference between waiting list and alternate list and what is the chance of filling in for the ones that are fully accepted but do not want the seats.

However, the admission said the 01/28 interview group would be the first people in these lists. I guess probably they mention it more in details in the flask drive that they gave you. I am not so sure because I have not watched it yet. Just check it out.

By the way AJDisc6y, how far do you live from Erie. Also, when did you receive the letter? Is it a small envelope or a big envelop? Thank you!

I just checked the flash drive (thanks) and there isn't anything on there. Yes I remember her talking about both lists but I don't remember which one goes first, I am hoping the alternate one! And it was in a regular sized envelope. I was nervous but it felt a little thick and once I opened it I saw that I was an alternate and there was a second sheet that I have to send back that I have to either accept or decline my alternate position (I will be accepting). The letter is dated the 3rd and I live about 2 hours away in a different state. Hope that helps!

aeron- forgot to mention I received my letter today!

Thanks a lot AJDisc6y. It helps a lot! I live much farther away, so it must take few more days for mine I guess. I am getting really nervous now. By the way, it is good that you accept the offer. You never know. While you are waiting, someone may get accepted to the school that closer to his/her home and give up the seats. I personally like LECOM a lot! Good luck AJDisc6y!

Thanks a lot AJDisc6y. It helps a lot! I live much farther away, so it must take few more days for mine I guess. I am getting really nervous now. By the way, it is good that you accept the offer. You never know. While you are waiting, someone may get accepted to the school that closer to his/her home and give up the seats. I personally like LECOM a lot! Good luck AJDisc6y!

you're welcome. I really like LECOM too. I really hope I get accepted, its my first choice!

Reactions: 1 users
@aeron if you check your admissions status it will say weather or not a decision was made yet…that should give you a heads up as to when you should be expecting a letter:) @AJDisc6y glad you got your letter! I'm still waiting on mine

@aeron if you check your admissions status it will say weather or not a decision was made yet…that should give you a heads up as to when you should be expecting a letter:) @AJDisc6y glad you got your letter! I'm still waiting on mine
Thank you very much LSimmonds! I will.

Thanks you'll get yours soon! Do you happen to know what alternate means and if its better than being wait listed? We were told at our interview but I forget what she said.... I don't know which is first so I'm nervous!!

I believe people on the alternate list gets priority over the people on the waiting list.

I thought the 3 lists were, denied, accepted (waitlisted), and alternate. I'm almost positive. If you are accepted, you got in but there are no spots left so you are waitlisted until someone gives up there spot (to go somewhere else, etc). After the people on the waitlist are offered a spot, the openings go to those on the alternate list. I wouldn't stress out about it though, because even if I'm right, the lady from admissions said that last year they went down through the waitlist and about 40 people in the alternate list. I'm sure if you emailed Angela she would let you know if that's right or not. Hope that helps!

Since the class of 2017 is already full, should I even bother to spend a lot of money to fly to lecom for my scheduled interview on March 11?

Since the class of 2017 is already full, should I even bother to spend a lot of money to fly to lecom for my scheduled interview on March 11?

There is a chance you could get in if you are wait listed. You just have to decide if you got in would you go there and if your willing to play the waiting game... Depends how bad you want to go there!

There is a chance you could get in if you are wait listed. You just have to decide if you got in would you go there and if your willing to play the waiting game... Depends how bad you want to go there!
LECOM is not my first choice, and that was the reason why I scheduled my interview in March. I'm just going to have to wait and see how my interviews go this month for other schools before I will make a decision. The class filled up pretty early this cycle compared to previous cycles.

Hi you guys,

Anyone is newly accepted or wait listed recently? Thanks

Congrats on your acceptance!! I received an email about background check too. After you pay they will send you an email when your background check is done and you can check your status. You can make a Facebook group and post a link here!!
Hi Parthvi Patel,

Are you going to attend Lecom Erie PharmD class of 2017??

did anyones drug screen test take a long time? mine was started on january 20th and i haven't received anything else

Yes I am!! :) How about yourself?
Congratulations! I am in the Alternate right now. I hope I will be accepted later on, so I can join you for class 2017 :) . I am getting really nervous! The chance seems very thin according to many earlier spreads. Have you heard or know anyone who were on Alternate and then got accepted?

Congratulations! I am in the Alternate right now. I hope I will be accepted later on, so I can join you for class 2017 :) . I am getting really nervous! The chance seems very thin according to many earlier spreads. Have you heard or know anyone who were on Alternate and then got accepted?

I hope you get in as well. From what I heard they don't review the alternate list until later in april or so, but since you are on the list this soon your chances are pretty good. Goodluck and don't lose hope :)

Yes I am on the alternate list too. I really hope I get in. Does anyone have any tips? Not sure if there is really anything I can do to improve my chances (besides finishing up my classes).

Yes I am on the alternate list too. I really hope I get in. Does anyone have any tips? Not sure if there is really anything I can do to improve my chances (besides finishing up my classes).
I remember them saying that they will take updates (whether it be volunteer service, pharmacy experience etc) anything that you think will help your chances of being selected. I would contact their admissions and ask what steps you need to take to update, and do that if anything has changed. If nothing has changed, you can always try gaining more pharmacy experience or something and show them that!

I hope you get in as well. From what I heard they don't review the alternate list until later in april or so, but since you are on the list this soon your chances are pretty good. Goodluck and don't lose hope :)
Thank you so much Parthvi Patel! I hope I get good news from them :)
Take care!

I remember them saying that they will take updates (whether it be volunteer service, pharmacy experience etc) anything that you think will help your chances of being selected. I would contact their admissions and ask what steps you need to take to update, and do that if anything has changed. If nothing has changed, you can always try gaining more pharmacy experience or something and show them that!
Hi LSimmond,
Are you on alternate too??

Hi LSimmond,
Are you on alternate too??
No I have not received anything about a decision made yet. However, I was accepted into the University of Cincinnati and that is where I will be going in the fall, so if I do get accepted to LECOM that will be one more open spot.

No I have not received anything about a decision made yet. However, I was accepted into the University of Cincinnati and that is where I will be going in the fall, so if I do get accepted to LECOM that will be one more open spot.
That is really good! You already have one in hand while waiting for more options. Congratulations on your acceptance :)!

Hello!! I will also be looking for a female roommate for the upcoming class, so If anyone is looking for a roommate let me know!! :)

I sent in my supplemental application for Brandenton and Erie at the same time, but I got a reply from Brandenton for interview several days ago..no news from Erie yet. anyone know how long it takes for Erie to reply back? do you think I have any chances since I still haven't heard from Erie yet?

Wow can't believe it's filled already by January?! I'm co 2018 LECOM Bradenton and I see people getting accepted still. Maybe it's the three vs four yr...hopefully those not really interested get their choice schools and hurry up and give up their seats to those dying to get into this school! I don't know about lake Erie campus but Bradenton was such a relaxing feel. Hope you all get to where you want soon!! Good luck!!

I sent in my supplemental application for Brandenton and Erie at the same time, but I got a reply from Brandenton for interview several days ago..no news from Erie yet. anyone know how long it takes for Erie to reply back? do you think I have any chances since I still haven't heard from Erie yet?

Hello fharm2900,

All the seats for class 2017 are already full since mid-January. Anyone gets interview after that time and if he/she gets selected, he/she will be placed on either Alternate or Waitlist. Just make sure you secure a seat at some where first for this coming class while waiting a reply from Lecom.

Also, it varies on sending out interview invitations. Some people get it within a week. Some takes longer. Right now, they have more students than they need. I guess it is harder to get an interview offer. Just wait and see what happens. Good luck!

I just checked the flash drive (thanks) and there isn't anything on there. Yes I remember her talking about both lists but I don't remember which one goes first, I am hoping the alternate one! And it was in a regular sized envelope. I was nervous but it felt a little thick and once I opened it I saw that I was an alternate and there was a second sheet that I have to send back that I have to either accept or decline my alternate position (I will be accepting). The letter is dated the 3rd and I live about 2 hours away in a different state. Hope that helps!

Does anyone know that answer to alt vs. wait list? A friend of my sister just interviewed last week and said they accept all they way through May. So does me being an alternate make my chances better or worse than wait-list? If they accept all the way through May, why would someone on here say their seats are full and everyone is on a wait list??? That doesn't make sense and now I'm confused. Will I get in or not?

Does anyone know that answer to alt vs. wait list? A friend of my sister just interviewed last week and said they accept all they way through May. So does me being an alternate make my chances better or worse than wait-list? If they accept all the way through May, why would someone on here say their seats are full and everyone is on a wait list??? That doesn't make sense and now I'm confused. Will I get in or not?

According to my understanding and from what I heard from the Admission lady, Every year Lecom selects 143 students for each incoming class. This year they already selected and gave out acceptance letters to 143 students after the interview in 01/14. However, not all 143 students that got acceptance letters will accept the offer from Lecom. To make sure the school have enough 143 students before the semester starts, Lecom will continue interview more students and whoever they think that is suitable will be selected and placed in either Waitlist or Alternate. It is just in case if some students that got accepted but deny the offer, the school will pull out the people from Waitlist to fill in. Once there is no more Waitlist, they will start to look at the Alternate to fill in the seats untill they have enough 143 students. The Waitlist seems having more priority over the Alternate because they will be called first if any seat is freed up.

Please correct me if you guys think differently. Thanks!

According to my understanding and from what I heard from the Admission lady, Every year Lecom selects 143 students for each incoming class. This year they already selected and gave out acceptance letters to 143 students after the interview in 01/14. However, not all 143 students that got acceptance letters will accept the offer from Lecom. To make sure the school have enough 143 students before the semester starts, Lecom will continue interview more students and whoever they think that is suitable will be selected and placed in either Waitlist or Alternate. It is just in case if some students that got accepted but deny the offer, the school will pull out the people from Waitlist to fill in. Once there is no more Waitlist, they will start to look at the Alternate to fill in the seats untill they have enough 143 students. The Waitlist seems having more priority over the Alternate because they will be called first if any seat is freed up.

Please correct me if you guys think differently. Thanks!

----------------------------------

I guess I didn't think it was that competitive. But my sister's friend told her they get like 1500 applications and interview less than half, then accept about half of those they interviewed and after all that back and forth you talked about, they have 143 students start every year. She said that it is very competitive. It's still my first choice, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. They were all so nice to us and it was a great day when I was there. I also like the idea of only going for 3 years. I don't need a summer break anyway. Thanks "aeron" for your help.