LECOM-Erie Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed in December, but I was missing a recommendation letter when I did, and the professor who was supposed to send it took a really long time. I kept reminding her and offering to mail it myself and she didn't have it in until Feb.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok is anyone else here going absolutely crazy waiting, and starting to lose all hope???? :scared: What does everyone plan on doing (not to be pessimistic or anything) if you don't get in this year? Anyone applying for the post-bac? Do you think it is too late to apply to that?

Members don't see this ad :)
What made you guys choose LECOM?

Don't everyone answer at once...

Tell me what the community is like? My wife and I like the idea of a smaller, Norman Rockwell-ish town...

the waiting is killing me too !!!! i emailed lecom about the post bacc program and have not heard anything back from them. I also called so I guess I will just have to wait and hear from them. Has anyone heard anything from Amy about the waitlist?

the waiting is killing me too !!!! i emailed lecom about the post bacc program and have not heard anything back from them. I also called so I guess I will just have to wait and hear from them. Has anyone heard anything from Amy about the waitlist?

You should try calling them, you have a better chance of getting a hold of someone that way.

Yea I've tried calling at once a week and have yet to get a phonecall back, I've also email and the same thing. I left two messages with someone in the post-bac and haven't heard from them either . . . what is going on????? I mean the deadline for the post-bac application is the first of august which is only a month away!! Let me know if any of you get through to talk with someone pleaaaase . . . best of luck!:luck:

Ok so I just got off the phone with someone in the post-bac program, and they do still have spots available, and he said that they have all of the stuff in your file from the med school application, so the only thing you need to send in is the application and the fee, which is pretty sweet. The only thing I'm wondering is if I would be able to get an earlier interview on my own if I wasn't in the post-bac, rather than the february interview the post-bacs get . . . any thoughts?

Alright LECOM students, I recently have started to volunteer in millcreek hospital and probably see a ton of you. My question is what can I do to make my chances better at getting into LECOM? Right now, I volunteer all over the hospital, today I was in the manor and monday I was doing that massive inventory all over the hospital. Is therer anything I should be asking to get a head start on some of the other applicants?

Alright LECOM students, I recently have started to volunteer in millcreek hospital and probably see a ton of you. My question is what can I do to make my chances better at getting into LECOM? Right now, I volunteer all over the hospital, today I was in the manor and monday I was doing that massive inventory all over the hospital. Is therer anything I should be asking to get a head start on some of the other applicants?

Don't be afraid to go talk to people at the school; they are the best source for figuring out your eligibility. If you grew up in Erie, they may appreciate your dedication to the community.

In general, the best way to determine if you are a competitive applicant is to review this document:

http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/cib2009/2009_CIB_web.pdf

LECOM hasn't updated their website with new stats, so this is the most current source. Also, if you are not among the "competitive" range (>AVG) then what makes you stand out? If you have difficulty figuring this out then so will the admissions committee. Apply early, keep your head high, and good luck!

Thats pretty good. I was also wondering the same thing. I feel that if you were not in the post bacc program and applied early enough you could obtain an interview as early as Sept or October. I know a friend of mine interviewed October and was accepted by December.

Hey I have a couple of questions for anyone who did the post-bac program: how are the classes that you take? I mean are they crazy intense like med school or are they managable? I'm just worried about the whole maintaining the 3.0 that they require . . . also, what sort of classes do you take?

Find one of the Ferrettis and start talking to them.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone,
I received a letter about two weeks ago saying I have been officially accepted to class of 2012, (lecture-discussion pathway). I interviewed April 18th.

Do not lose hope if you are still waitlisted!!!!

now i have to find a place to stay :eek:

ANYONE ELSE OFF THE WAIT LIST? :luck:August is right around the corner.

I received my acceptance letter today. I am going to drive up this weekend to look at apartments. PM me if anyone is looking for a roommate.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Hi everyone:

I'm going into second year at LECOM erie and I haven't really been on SDN since last summer before med school. Just letting you know that you can ask me some questions about housing, the Erie area, etc. I did live in Landmark Square last year and we just moved to Brookwood Village, a development from Palermo. Both are about 10-15 min drive in traffic to the school. I personally like not living on TOP of LECOM. Landmark Square is nearer to downtown and the bars, Brookwood village is on the East Side (not that sketchy though) near Mercyhurst College. If you need to know anything else just ask!

Last week I was accepted into the Post Baccalaureate Class of 2008-09. I then secured a rental agreement that would start at the end of August. However, Tuesday I was taken off the waitlist and I am now in the class of 2012. I start living in Erie this Friday. The problem is that I am locked into a paid rental contract that cannot start until September 1st. I can't find anyone who will rent month-to-month. Please, isn't there any LECOM female student that I can room with until the end of August. I'm willing to sleep on the floor and I'm willing to pay any reasonable rate for the short stay.

Is anyone still on the waitlist and needs a seat? Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend LECOM and will be withdrawing. It was a last min decision. Does anyone know how I go about doing this? Can I e-mail admissions? I hope someone that really wants a spot gets it! : )

Ok so I was out of town this weekend and I missed a message from Amy saying to call her as soon as I got her message and now I'm freaking out because I missed the phone call, I'm not going to get passed over or anything am I? She just called this morning so I was going to call her first thing in the morning but I am still freaking out, have I hurt my chances???

Is anyone still on the waitlist and needs a seat? Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend LECOM and will be withdrawing. It was a last min decision. Does anyone know how I go about doing this? Can I e-mail admissions? I hope someone that really wants a spot gets it! : )

I want that seat so bad, I wish you can just give it 2 me ...

I got in!!!!!! Paperdoll when are you going out?

I got in!!!!!! Paperdoll when are you going out?
Congrats you guys! What pathway are you in? Orientation is coming up quick.

I'm in LDP, I wanted PBL so she said I can get in if opening come up later on . . . finding an apartment is going to be tricky, lol

I'm in ISP, but I hope to switch to LDP or PBL. I don't know when I am going up. Do you guys know if we have to be there the first few days? Eleo where are you coming from?

I'm coming from upstate New York, Syracuse area, I'm pretty sure we have to be there saturday for registration and orientation. Where you coming from?

How long is the drive for you? You find a place to live yet?

8hr drive, no place to live yet. I am having trouble picking a place without seeing where it is.

So, I called Amy this week and she said that the only way I can get in is if someone withdrawal which I think is tough since there are other students who deserve and want any open seat as much as I .... its up to God from this point on.. if its meant to be it will...congrats to the class of 2012.. I pray I can join you all

So, I called Amy this week and she said that the only way I can get in is if someone withdrawal which I think is tough since there are other students who deserve and want any open seat as much as I .... its up to God from this point on.. if its meant to be it will...congrats to the class of 2012.. I pray I can join you all

I withdrew my spot yesterday and really hope you get it!!!

aww, thanks. I hope I get it too..am gone apply to the post-bac program now so that I get my app in before the deadline. I hope I get in that program.

Does anyone know if I can be able to use my rec letters from my med school apps for the post-bac program. I plan to call the office on Monday if no one here knows.

You can use use the same letters of recommendation from your med school application, but you will have to send them your official transcripts again.

I have a question, I am having trouble logging into the student note server and I am using a mac. The instructions from the IT department aren't helping. Is there anyone who can walk me through the process. Thank you