LECOM-Erie Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know when we will get the FAFSA award letter?

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody know when we will get the FAFSA award letter?

I was wondering the same thing. I would think soon, but who knows, maybe a current med student could chime in.

just wondering, but is anyone else gonna be living in laurel springs? :)

Hey snk16, I will be living in Laurel Springs. I already have a room mate, but hope to see you around! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same thing. I would think soon, but who knows, maybe a current med student could chime in.

Well our awards for 2nd year came May 16th

Last year, for entering, I just checked my email and it came 4/10/2007...weird!

Hi everyone
My fiance is going to start that post-bac program at lecom this fall and we just had a few questions about it (nobody answers the post-bac forum so was hoping some of you may be familiar with it).
1)for those who have done it, is it organized/good way to get into the medical school?
2) Does it really prepare you for school, i.e. similar classes and format of classes?
3) How do we find living, I have been searching all over and found a few places but was wondering where most students lived?

Thank you everyone for any feedback

Hi everyone
My fiance is going to start that post-bac program at lecom this fall and we just had a few questions about it (nobody answers the post-bac forum so was hoping some of you may be familiar with it).
1)for those who have done it, is it organized/good way to get into the medical school?
2) Does it really prepare you for school, i.e. similar classes and format of classes?
3) How do we find living, I have been searching all over and found a few places but was wondering where most students lived?

Thank you everyone for any feedback

1) it got me into LECOM so i have to lean toward yes. As long as you have your stuff together you can apply early enough. the biggest problem you face is that the grades aren't out until january so schools won't see the results until then. if you need letters it's the same time frame

2)this is a resounding yes as far as i've heard from previous post-bacs. they all say they're in better position and the information is easier to handle but i haven't started first year yet so i don't know first hand, just what i've been told

3) people live all over...palermo and pastore are the two names i've heard most often. i rented from both and had no problems with either

I was wondering how everyone else in my interview group (April 18) faired?

Hey I interviewed on the 18th of April as well and I'm still waitlisted unfortunately. Amy isn't returning any of my calls still although she answered an email the other day. Good Luck!

I emailed Amy about the waitlist just asking for an update.

Maggie Crosswhite : Admissions Recruiter emailed me back with this..."I do know there has been some movement off the waitlist. Unfortunately the committee does not release who and why an applicant would be selected off the list."

I want to be hopeful, but I don't want to get my hopes up.:luck::confused:

I emailed Amy about the waitlist just asking for an update.

Maggie Crosswhite : Admissions Recruiter emailed me back with this..."I do know there has been some movement off the waitlist. Unfortunately the committee does not release who and why an applicant would be selected off the list."

I want to be hopeful, but I don't want to get my hopes up.:luck::confused:

I have also emailed Amy but haven't yet gotten a response. Thanks for keeping us other hopefuls posted though!! Good luck to all!:luck:

Hey guys...haven't posted here in a long time...but was just curious - did anyone else from the February 29 interview date get accepted into the class?? I was just wondering if anyone I met there did....I'm frodo haha

Anyhow, my roommate and I got an apartment in Scenery Hills and hope to move in around July 18. Anyone else plan on living there?!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone! I recently got off the waiting list at Laurel Ridge and will be moving into a 2 bedroom on July 15th. Rent will be $320 per person. Any female still needing a roommate please message me. (no pets are allowed in the complex except caged ones) Thanks!!

Hi Everyone! I recently got off the waiting list at Laurel Ridge and will be moving into a 2 bedroom on July 15th. Rent will be $320 per person. Any female still needing a roommate please message me. (no pets are allowed in the complex except caged ones) Thanks!!

Okay, so I got really excited when I read the first part of this "I recently got off the waiting list..." and then I realized it was for the apartment and not for the school :( Has ANYONE been accepted off the alternate list for LECOM yet??? I'm going crazy waiting!!!

Okay, so I got really excited when I read the first part of this "I recently got off the waiting list..." and then I realized it was for the apartment and not for the school :( Has ANYONE been accepted off the alternate list for LECOM yet??? I'm going crazy waiting!!!

It's harder to get off the waitlist for some of these apartment complexes than actual school waitlists. :laugh:

Last edited:
I found out last week that I got off the waitlist for LECOM. I am looking for a female roommate. If any of you are still looking send me a message.

I found out last week that I got off the waitlist for LECOM. I am looking for a female roommate. If any of you are still looking send me a message.

Hey CMR- Congrats on getting off the waitlist!!!!!!
If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview??

Hey CMR- Congrats on getting off the waitlist!!!!!!
If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview??

Hey GlobetrotterDR, Thank you. I interviewed on the 21st of April. Good luck. Hope you get off the waitlist too.

:scared::confused::( I'm wait listed 2.................. this waiting game is killing me......... congrats to those who got off the list ....I hope to be next.......:scared:

Hey, I'm a 23 year old male looking for a cheap place by campus. I am a 1st year in LDP. I'm really laid back midwest guy who's really easy to get along with. Enjoy watching sports, playing texas holdem, and anything outdoors.
Email me at [email protected] if interested.

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So apparently there is waitlist movement??!! YAY!

what was your MCAT? if you dont mind me asking.

Hello World

Last edited:
There's another one here too!

nice! assuming you're not one of the two i already met, that makes 5 that i know of. well on the way to total class domination :smuggrin:

although, i think we may be a bit behind the pennsylvania crew...

nice! assuming you're not one of the two i already met, that makes 5 that i know of. well on the way to total class domination :smuggrin:

although, i think we may be a bit behind the pennsylvania crew...
Not to mention the small contingent of new yorkers...

Not to mention the small contingent of new yorkers...

this is true...there's also those "others" from the state i don't like to talk about. how's toledo working out? we got the UP suckers :smuggrin:

GO BLUE!

Congrats!! GlobetrotterDR....:) how were you notified?? mail? phone? e-mail? I am waiting for my turn..:luck:

Awww thanks!! I was notified by snail mail (and it was a small envelope). I hope everything works out for you lovagirl!!! PM me and let me know!!

Congratulations GlobetrotterDR!! Thats amazing! Really hoping I can join you all in a few short weeks, but I'm still waiting for that lifechanging letter, lol. The waiting is killing me! Good luck to everyone, and congrats again!

Hey everyone,

Joined the ranks of the waitlist myself. Good Luck to everyone and keep posting! It's so encouraging to hear that there is movement.. :)

I will be in the post-bacc program at LECOM starting this fall. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good but not-so-pricey apartments in Erie. I have a cat. Ideally, I should get a place that allows pets, or at least a place where I can hide her easily.

So far, the only place I can find that is a one-bedroom that allows cats and is not too far from LECOM is Granada. I have heard terrible things about that place, and I would rather not live there. At the moment, however, it seems like the only place :(.

Last edited:
I will be in the post-bacc program at LECOM starting this fall. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good but not-so-pricey apartments in Erie. I have a cat. Ideally, I should get a place that allows pets, or at least a place where I can hide her easily.

So far, the only place I can find that is a one-bedroom that allows cats and is not too far from LECOM is Granada. I have heard terrible things about that place, and I would rather not live there. At the moment, however, it seems like the only place :(.
Could checkout landmark square, they allow small pets.

Have any of you guys rented a unit in Landmark Square apartments? If you did, what was your impression of them? I have heard about some noise problems at their apartments and was wondering what people there think about it.

Last edited:
keep

Last edited:
Lovagirl.... when did you interview? I am waitlisted too.

Don't give up quite yet :luck: I am also waitlisted (April interview) and I spoke with some alum friends who remember a few people getting in the day before classes started. One of these friends didn't get selected from the alternate list the first year she applied, but applied early the next year and got accepted.

March.....you MSUDNZ? when did you interview?

Hi to the D.O. Class of '12!

I am a former LECOM PostBac '08 student accepted into this September's incoming Pharmacy class and I am looking for a roommate to share a large 2 bedroom townhouse with located about 9 miles from school near the lake. It has a 2 car garage and full basement for storage. If you are a non-smoker, ok with pets, and would be interested in more details, send me an email at:
[email protected]

Thanks!
April