LECOM Lake Erie EAP 4+4 Program starting 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bapunagar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am a high school senior in NJ graduating in May 2022. I am interested in BS/DO program(4+4) and have applied to LECOM lake Erie and NSU. I attended info session at lecom and currently preparing for video interview which I have to submit by 11/14/2021. I think I make a strong candidate for the program except my SAT score. Please check my details below and let me know your views and any tips for the video interview.

Weighted GPA(4.5) / Unweighted 4.0
SAT super score 1300(660 Math/640 RW) Single SAT Score 1250(660 Math/590 RW)
Lots of AP and Honor Classes, lowest grade B+ in only three non science courses(Spanish, Java, Geometry), Rest of the courses are A and A+
Leadership positions, Extracurricular activities, community services and volunteering works
Virtual shadow, nursing home volunteering, rescue squad etc......

There are many students out there who have done exceptionally well in SAT(1450+) but their GPA is around 4.2(weighted) or 3.7(unweighted) compared to me. They do not also have health related experiences like shadowing, CPR, rescue squad etc.... Are their chances are as good mine or better because of their higher sat score?
Is three hours of SAT score is more important than my three years of hard work in high school?
Will LECOM take a holistic approach or my low sat will diminish my chances? (Their min SAT requirement is 1240 for 4+4 program)
I heard from few others that getting video interview is almost a done deal to get in the program and I am through. Video interview is just a formality as per few others but I am not convinced. Is that true?
I am nervous. Please share your experience and any others details you may have. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I am a high school senior in NJ graduating in May 2022. I am interested in BS/DO program(4+4) and have applied to LECOM lake Erie and NSU. I attended info session at lecom and currently preparing for video interview which I have to submit by 11/14/2021. I think I make a strong candidate for the program except my SAT score. Please check my details below and let me know your views and any tips for the video interview.

Weighted GPA(4.5) / Unweighted 4.0
SAT super score 1300(660 Math/640 RW) Single SAT Score 1250(660 Math/590 RW)
Lots of AP and Honor Classes, lowest grade B+ in only three non science courses(Spanish, Java, Geometry), Rest of the courses are A and A+
Leadership positions, Extracurricular activities, community services and volunteering works
Virtual shadow, nursing home volunteering, rescue squad etc......

There are many students out there who have done exceptionally well in SAT(1450+) but their GPA is around 4.2(weighted) or 3.7(unweighted) compared to me. They do not also have health related experiences like shadowing, CPR, rescue squad etc.... Are their chances are as good mine or better because of their higher sat score?
Is three hours of SAT score is more important than my three years of hard work in high school?
Will LECOM take a holistic approach or my low sat will diminish my chances? (Their min SAT requirement is 1220 for 4+4 program)
I heard from few others that getting video interview is almost a done deal to get in the program and I am through. Video interview is just a formality as per few others but I am not convinced. Is that true?
I am nervous. Please share your experience and any others details you may have. Thank you!

For Lecom EAP program, after a successful video interview and acceptance into affiliate undergrad school are you guaranteed a provisional letter of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Once upon a time I was also accepted to LECOM EAP and NSU BS/DO
Both are fantastic programs
@bapunagar You will get into one if not both of those programs. I guarantee you that.

For Lecom EAP program, after a successful video interview and acceptance into affiliate undergrad school are you guaranteed a provisional letter of acceptance?
Yes. You will be given a provisional letter stating conditions of matriculating to the medical school

At the LECOM interview they will tell you about the pathway where you don't need to take the MCAT but need to take an extra one or two classes. Genetics or statistics or something like that. I strongly suggest taking this option.

@bapunagar You will get into one if not both of those programs. I guarantee you that.

Yes. You will be given a provisional letter stating conditions of matriculating to the medical school

At the LECOM interview they will tell you about the pathway where you don't need to take the MCAT but need to take an extra one or two classes. Genetics or statistics or something like that. I strongly suggest taking this option.
Thank you @Damson. We got an email from lecom stating even after successful interview last month, we would receive provisional letter of acceptance from lecom in March 2022 after final decision is made. Does that mean admission to Lecom is not guaranteed until March 2022? What percentage of students with successful interview get the provisional acceptance letter?

Last edited:
Thank you @Damson. We got an email from lecom stating even after successful interview last month, we would receive provisional letter of acceptance from lecom in March 2022 after final decision is made. Does that mean admission to Lecom is not guaranteed until March 2022? What percentage of students with successful interview get the provisional acceptance letter?
Successful interview --> accept the offer. this means you must commit to a university linked to the LECOM EAP --> provisional acceptance letter

what happens if after 4 years you decide you want to switch to MD? can you quit the program and apply MD?

You were absolutely correct @Damson! Your guarantee was spot on…:) I submitted my video interview on 11/7 and received the good news yesterday - just in four days! All I need to do now is go to LECOM portal and enter an email of undergrad college once I decide where to do undergrad. System will then automatically generate provisional EAP acceptance letter. Thank you for your encouragement and all the insight into program!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
At the LECOM interview they will tell you about the pathway where you don't need to take the MCAT but need to take an extra one or two classes.
Was the interview difficult? Do you happen to know the acceptance rate?

Did you end up going to either one?
maybe!
Was the interview difficult? Do you happen to know the acceptance rate?
acceptance rate is high. much higher than applying as a general applicant

also, the reason why i suggest taking the pathway that allows you to skip the MCAT (LECOM), is because there are a lot humans out there spending their years trying to crack the MCAT.

Looks like LECOM EAP changed a lot for the past cycle. I hear people with 1500+ SAT getting rejected...
A lot of rejections this year... not sure why...
It is not a rolling admission anymore. Everybody gets decision in March.
Does anybody have any additional info about what is going on?