Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

LECOM-PBL takes longer to be accepted?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by FrogE7, Nov 23, 2005.

1. FrogE7

FrogE7 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I interviewed at Erie on October 31st. Yesterday I spoke to admissions, and was told that the committee met about me a week and a half ago and no decision is showing up on the computer screen.

For the people who have already gained acceptance, did it take longer if you chose the PBL track? (I chose PBL). Do you first have to be accepted and then considered for PBL? Please enlighten me.

Frog

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. atrovariousg

atrovariousg Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

i got accepted but pbl waitlisted.

4. iwillbesoon

iwillbesoon Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    YES! It does take longer!! In the packet they sent me, my acceptance letter was dated October 31st, but my PBL acceptance letter was dated November 4th. Looks to me like there are two separate review processes. I interviewed way back at the beginning of October.

Someone else asked something like this too...I think the general consensus was that it does take longer.

5. KCW

KCW Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed on the 21st of October and was recently accepted. After reading your post I checked my acceptance letters and noticed the same thing, accepted to the school on November 10th and accepted to PBL on November 15th, although the letter came together in the same envelope. It certainly sounds like the PBL decision comes a bit later.

- KCW