LECOM, PCOM and CCOM....HELP PLEASE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grkbuckeye

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got interview offerings from LECOM, CCOM, and PCOM for the month of January. If you have interviwed at any of these schools, can you give me any info please?? Are any of them numbers crazy (MCAT, GPA)? Is it late to be interviewing at any of these schools? Even though some schools are closed file, does that mean that they still go back and consider your grades and MCAT scores before they make the final decision? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know I've asked a lot, I'm just a little worked up because these are my first interviews! Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

(1) Click here: <a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/interview/" target="_blank">Studentdoctor.net Interview Commentary</a>
or click here: <a href="http://interviewfeedback.com" target="_blank">Interviewfeedback.com</a>

(2)If you got (is that proper English?) invited to an interview, you got (again?) the numbers...

(3) No, its not late. Late = May/June. We are now entering the middle of cycle (not early, not late). This is good although more competitive than early and not as competitive as late. Think middle of the road.

(4) Most schools have a round table of the committee members that decide yea/waitlist. That is open file/open notes (just like a good test).

The best advice I can offer: Relax and be yourself. Everyone says that - and probably for a good reason (it's true).

Remember a few things:

(a) if they didnt want you as a student, they wouldn't waste their time and money on you (by asking you to interview)

(b) your interviewing the school as well as they are interviewing you (my thoughts and theorectical ranking changed DRASTICALLY after my interviews)

(c) eat the nreakfast/snacks they offer. If you don't, it is kinda like being invited to a friend's for dinner, sitting at the table, and saying "no thanks, I'm not hungry..." - kinda rude.

Forgive my English... It's 4:49a and I (a) just got home from work (b) had a few drinks after work (c) Am tired. (and no, this is not a multiple choice answer :eek: )

Hope I helped-

-A

I'm going to bed :)

Thanks a lot Amra! that helped a lot. I forgot to mention this, but my wife and i are actually applying together. So far we have recieved interviews from the same three schools. Do you know if schools take this situation into consideration when deciding. Also, our GPA is the exact same and our MCATS are within 2 points of each other. Thanks again!