LECOM Post-bacc 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my acceptance letter in the mail today! :soexcited:

Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. Now hopefully I'll be seeing you in September.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys know when the deadline is to apply to the program? I plan on taking the mcat july 17th so just wondering if that will be too late to apply?
Deadline for application is aug 1st so I think that's too late :(

I don't. Email or call Jamie. I know it says transcripts and LORs must be in by Sept 1st or whatever, but maybe mcat too. You'll have your scores august 18th, which is plenty enough time. You can certainly get your application in by the beginning of August, and it'll just wait on the other documents to come in. Just check with him before you close the door on applying.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)

It obviously helps to apply early but I don't think it's too late. Classes don't start till September. I met a few in my class that had got in August so if you have a chance, go for it. Once MCAT score is out, you can have it sent to the school almost instantly just so as long as you tell Jamie about the delay. Congrats to everyone who's gotten in so far and good luck

Hey guys! How long after your applications were complete, and everything in the folder was received, did it take for your "under review" status to change to "decision has been made?" It's been two weeks for me and I'm feeling so anxious. It feels like others have been receiving notification of a decision pretty fast.

Hey guys! How long after your applications were complete, and everything in the folder was received, did it take for your "under review" status to change to "decision has been made?" It's been two weeks for me and I'm feeling so anxious. It feels like others have been receiving notification of a decision pretty fast.
My last document was in June 16, I confirmed with Jamie June 17th that my application was complete. The status of my application changed from "under review" to "decision has been made" on June 18th and I got my letter one week letter on June 25th.

So it was 2 days for them to change it from when it was complete/"under review" to "decision has been made". And a week to get the letter with their decision. I think they make decisions on Thursdays (correct me if I'm wrong). My letter was dated the following Monday (June 22nd) so maybe they send letters out each Monday of their decisions from the previous Thursday?

Oh, that was fast! And congrats on your acceptance!!! I emailed Jamie today to confirm that everything's in. Hopefully I hear something soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if your chances of getting in are higher if you are referred from the medschool to the program? In the letter they just kind of jump into it and say when the classes are going to be. Does this mean I should get in if i apply?

Has anyone been referred and not gotten in?

My last document was in June 16, I confirmed with Jamie June 17th that my application was complete. The status of my application changed from "under review" to "decision has been made" on June 18th and I got my letter one week letter on June 25th.

So it was 2 days for them to change it from when it was complete/"under review" to "decision has been made". And a week to get the letter with their decision. I think they make decisions on Thursdays (correct me if I'm wrong). My letter was dated the following Monday (June 22nd) so maybe they send letters out each Monday of their decisions from the previous Thursday?

Hi! Do you mind sharing your stats? I am waiting on my MCAT score before my application will be complete. Really scared that the class is filled up.

Hi! Do you mind sharing your stats? I am waiting on my MCAT score before my application will be complete. Really scared that the class is filled up.
I'll PM you!

So I was an applicant to LECOM this past year and didnt get an interrview is there a quick way to apply tto this program is you already have all the portal stuff from applying to their medical school? because I have went through the inquiry (friday) and havent recevied a new username/etc

Would it be a big deal if I sent in a LoR that was written as a general recommendation for medschool rather than the one they request? I've been nagging my prof for 6 weeks and even though he always gets back to me right away and keeps promising to do it I still don't have the letter, but I have another one from the same guy just sitting in interfolio.

Would it be a big deal if I sent in a LoR that was written as a general recommendation for medschool rather than the one they request? I've been nagging my prof for 6 weeks and even though he always gets back to me right away and keeps promising to do it I still don't have the letter, but I have another one from the same guy just sitting in interfolio.

Use it. Both of the letters I used for post-bacc admissions were written for medical school. I later used those same letters for my DO app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Use it. Both of the letters I used for post-bacc admissions were written for medical school. I later used those same letters for my DO app.
I'll go for it, kinda makes me wish I had just sent it 6 weeks ago when my app was processed, but hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

U have to wait for the username and password :/
So I was an applicant to LECOM this past year and didnt get an interrview is there a quick way to apply tto this program is you already have all the portal stuff from applying to their medical school? because I have went through the inquiry (friday) and havent recevied a new username/etc
have

Just wanted to share my experience to anyone in the same situation as me. First off it's not too late to apply to this program, so apply! I got interviewed at LECOM Seton Hill and I am currently on the waitlist. I am hoping to get in to Seton Hill but if that does not happen I plan on going to this program. I applied 6/24 and 6/29 my portal changed and I received my acceptance shortly after. So it seems they still have a good amount of seats left so do not be concerned about applying late! I also told one of my friends to apply to the postbacc and it looks like they made a decision on his profile within the same time frame! We are hoping for an acceptance but the point is apply!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just applied. Anybody care to chance me or have similar stats and get in?

First undergrad gpa: Chemistry, 2.63
post-bac gpa (second degree): Biology, 3.75 <<--- all upper division bio
DAT: 19TS/19AA/19PAT/21 reading

Great research and EC's. Lots of volunteer hours too.

Thanks!
I had similar stats to you but took the MCAT instead. Had a 2.79 ungrad biology GPA and a 3.7 gpa in a DIY postbacc doing upper level bio courses. I ended up getting a 33 on the MCAT last October (I'm not sure how the DAT is scored). I applied fairly early to the program but have heard of many people getting in very late so keep your hopes up!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hey Guys so I applied like toward mid of May and still haven't heard from them, my app status still say under review any got a timeline on this I just graduate from undergrad this past May

Does anybody know if it is possible to take the MCAT during the post-bac year? How time consuming is the coursework for the program?

Also, does anyone know any students that do this program and then get into an MD school afterwards?

Last edited:
You can take the MCAT during the program. I think you have to take it by February or something. This was in an email from Jamie:
"If you are below the 23 MCAT or 40th percentile, you will have until Feb 1 to re-take the MCAT. If are at a 23 or above (40th percentile), then your only concern is the Post Bac GPA of 3.0 or higher."

Does anybody know if it is possible to take the MCAT during the post-bac year? How time consuming is the coursework for the program?

Also, does anyone know any students that do this program and then get into an MD school afterwards?
Read the previous posts by students who completed the program (UnoMas is the username I think)

Hey Guys so I applied like toward mid of May and still haven't heard from them, my app status still say under review any got a timeline on this I just graduate from undergrad this past May

Hmmm I heard back within 3 weeks. That probably means ur scores are on the edge. Why don't you try calling them and see what they say !

Yeah it is but I retook last week. Just wish they would consider my new scores when they come in.

I'm sorry for your rejection :(

Last edited:
Its most likely not your Mcat but the rest of your application.

Hello everyone. I have been busy applying to medical schools, with a focus on DO schools, yet I was also applying to a number of these post bacc programs as a fall back, and I only just recently found out about LECOM's postbacc program.

Is it too late to apply for this program? I looked up their deadline and saw August 3rd is the absolute deadline, but I was wondering if anyone knew the status of how filled up the class was and if there is actually a point in applying this late. I was planning on calling the admissions as well, and was wondering if there was someone in particular which was very helpful that any of you have spoken with regarding questions about the program.

It's not too late, if you want to apply, you should. All you have to lose is the app fee. Previous students say they were accepting people up until the week before classes last yesr, so there's still a chance.
Contact Jamie Murphy (Mr.), he's the contact for anything post bacc, [email protected]

Late to the party, but applied the other day and was complete with 3.1, 502. I was admitted to the Master's back in february and already have a processed AACOMAS app with the DO program so hopefully that speeds things along. Did anyone else apply with a 2015 MCAT score?

I was wondering when exactly the applications for this program started I cannot seem to find the date they start accepting applications. Would anyone know the first date you were able to send in an application for the program?

Late to the party, but applied the other day and was complete with 3.1, 502. I was admitted to the Master's back in february and already have a processed AACOMAS app with the DO program so hopefully that speeds things along. Did anyone else apply with a 2015 MCAT score?

Huh? You applied and got accepted in February? Now you are applying again?

Huh? You applied and got accepted in February? Now you are applying again?
Applied to the full, 2 year MS. Not the post bacc. The applicant the other day was for the one year post bacc.

Received my acceptance letter today, guess I'll be seeing some of you in about a month!

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone. I have been busy applying to medical schools, with a focus on DO schools, yet I was also applying to a number of these post bacc programs as a fall back, and I only just recently found out about LECOM's postbacc program.

Is it too late to apply for this program? I looked up their deadline and saw August 3rd is the absolute deadline, but I was wondering if anyone knew the status of how filled up the class was and if there is actually a point in applying this late. I was planning on calling the admissions as well, and was wondering if there was someone in particular which was very helpful that any of you have spoken with regarding questions about the program.

Definitely apply but start your application right now since takes one week to get the username and password.

Received my acceptance letter today, guess I'll be seeing some of you in about a month!

when did you apply? I did the "posbacc inquiry" on sunday but still have not received an application. Is it too late?

yea it takes a couple of days to a week for it to go through. Why on earth did you apply so late?

I just found out about it lol

You're fine, you're just going to have to hustle, the application deadline is Aug 3, the deadline for transcripts/LoR/test scores is Sept 1.

E-mail Jamie ([email protected]) and tell him you just found out about the program and ask if he can speed up the verification process, then just get the app done IMMEDIATELY and all the documents ASAP.

I just found out about it lol

I just found out about this program too and sent my inquiry last week. I hope we can still apply and have a chance at getting in. Best of luck to you!

Wish you guys luck, but also hope that if y'all are serious about med school, be better prepared and apply earlier next time.

I submitted my application today, now I just need to get a letter of rec in. I plan on using one from my med school apps but I only have one from an undergrad professor. I also have my MPH so I was thinking about using that profs letter since they know me more. What do you guys think?

I was never notified of complete, but I was notified that my application was processed. You can check to see if your materials are in on the LECOM portal.

I'm not sure how it went for others, but I applied recently (late may) and heard back within a week
(of the processed email) actually. HOWEVER, they already had my MCAT, LORs, etc on file b/c I applied to the DO program last summer, so that likely sped the process along.

Did you have to ask/tell them to pull your documents from from AACOMAS or did they do that automatically?

Did you have to ask/tell them to pull your documents from from AACOMAS or did they do that automatically?

They pulled all the stuff from my AACOMAS automatically, but not until my application had been processed. I assume as soon as they process the app they see you are already in the system and take whatever they need from AACOMAS then.

Edit: That being said, with this program I found it helps to sort of pester them to get stuff done. My app being processed, LoR being attached, and the final decision all just so happened to coincidentally take place within 24 hours of my sending e-mails to Jamie asking about this or that.

If all of your documents are in, how long does it take for the status to change from "under review" to "decision has been made" ??

Anybody know if I can use Interfolio to turn in my LOR? I know they instructed to have my professor mail it in, but can I use inter folio to speed up the process?

Anybody know if I can use Interfolio to turn in my LOR? I know they instructed to have my professor mail it in, but can I use inter folio to speed up the process?

Yeah, you can use interfolio.

Is the required book list supposed to be attached to the, "Important info" e-mail Jamie sends after they receive your check/confirmation form or does is it just included in a different e-mail or letter? Which reminds me, is there another letter or packet on the way via snail-mail?

Was anyone accepted before they received your letter of recommendation?