LECOM Post-bacc 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the required book list supposed to be attached to the, "Important info" e-mail Jamie sends after they receive your check/confirmation form or does is it just included in a different e-mail or letter? Which reminds me, is there another letter or packet on the way via snail-mail?

From what I can remember, last year they only sent me via snail mail was the acceptance letter. The booklist was emailed to us, I think. Though I would hold off rushing to buy the books since you won't really need them in the fall.

Was anyone accepted before they received your letter of recommendation?

I think LECOM is pretty set on not sending out a decision until your file is complete. I would get it in asap.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys how long did it take for you to receive your letter in the mail after ur status changed to "decision made"? I'm guessing this depends on what state u live in?

Hey guys how long did it take for you to receive your letter in the mail after ur status changed to "decision made"? I'm guessing this depends on what state u live in?
They won't notify us via email or a phone call?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think LECOM is pretty set on not sending out a decision until your file is

I think LECOM is pretty set on not sending out a decision until your file is complete. I would get it in asap.[/QUOTE]
From what I can remember, last year they only sent me via snail mail was the acceptance letter. The booklist was emailed to us, I think. Though I would hold off rushing to buy the books since you won't really need them in the fall.

I think LECOM is pretty set on not sending out a decision until your file is complete. I would get it in asap.

Thanks! My letter was sent Saturday so hopefully they receive it and get it processed this week.

They won't notify us via email or a phone call?

Nope, they let you know via USPS, adds to the suspense I guess. That part didn't annoy me too much, but would it have killed them to include a self-addressed prepaid envelope? Sending that form back in was the first time I've used a stamp in years, everybody has gone digital/paperless nowadays!

I'm in Ohio, my status changed on a Wednesday and I had the letter Saturday.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I've submitted my application a couple weeks ago but when or how do you send in your MCAT scores officially because this program wasn't being used with AMCAS?

Does anyone know how many spots there are for this program? I can't find that info on the website.

Hey guys, I've submitted my application a couple weeks ago but when or how do you send in your MCAT scores officially because this program wasn't being used with AMCAS?

https://apps.aamc.org/account/#/login?gotoUrl=https://services.aamc.org/30/scoreReportingWeb/

log in with your AAMC account, then at the top of the page select My Reports -> Print score report -> Print report (Green button on right) -> choose to save the page as a pdf instead of printing, then just e-mail that pdf to Jamie.

Does anyone know how many spots there are for this program? I can't find that info on the website.

This is just based on what I've read in old threads so don't take it as the gospel truth, but I don't think they really have a specific number of seats set in stone, there are people who get accepted all the way up until a week or two before the program starts, so it looks like they process all the applications they receive before the deadline and send acceptances to everyone who's qualified.

This is just based on what I've read in old threads so don't take it as the gospel truth, but I don't think they really have a specific number of seats set in stone, there are people who get accepted all the way up until a week or two before the program starts, so it looks like they process all the applications they receive before the deadline and send acceptances to everyone who's qualified.
Thanks!

Just curious for all in the program, completed the program, is this program that difficult? Also, if you study continuously show lots of dedication, do you have a good chance to get in? Do the professors really try to help you succeed or just 'weed' you out? I know a lot of programs like this where only 60% make it are those where the administration does not care about you. Also, if you finish with > 3.0 gpa, > 23 equivalent mcat, and cause no problems will you get in or are there caveats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious for all in the program, completed the program, is this program that difficult? Also, if you study continuously show lots of dedication, do you have a good chance to get in? Do the professors really try to help you succeed or just 'weed' you out? I know a lot of programs like this where only 60% make it are those where the administration does not care about you. Also, if you finish with > 3.0 gpa, > 23 equivalent mcat, and cause no problems will you get in or are there caveats?

I finished the program successfully in April and got accepted as well. For the most part, professors try to help you. Some through great teaching and some through telling you exactly what is on the exams. Even if the professor is not teaching you as much as he should, go learn on your own (you are going to have to do that either way). If you study with focus and dedicated, you can even get a 4.0 or close to it. But it is studying consistently throughout the program. Every single person with required credentials got in. Also LECOM puts a lot of emphasis on good behavior - punctuality, dress code, etc..These are also important. Which is personally a great thing, it made many of us more disciplined and focused which translates to even medical school. I would be more than happy to answer any questions and help out.

Good luck !

Last edited:
@akumar29 - I have a few questions if you don't mind.
Do you know how many people went to LECOM-B from the post bac? What were your stats prior to LECOM post bac and after? Does LECOM give Bradenton campus priority to those post bac students who are from FL or does it matter more on grades?

I finished the program successfully in April and got accepted as well. For the most part, professors try to help you. Some through great teaching and some through telling you exactly what is on the exams. Even if the professor is not teaching you as much as he should, go learn on your own (you are going to have to do that either way). If you study with focus and dedicated, you can even get a 4.0 or close to it. But it is studying consistently throughout the program. Every single person with required credentials got in. Also LECOM puts a lot of emphasis on good behavior - punctuality, dress code, etc..These are also important. Which is personally a great thing, it made many of us more disciplined and focused which translates to even medical school. I would be more than happy to answer any questions and help out.

Good luck !
How difficult would you say the program is???

Good luck !
So is it true despite your academic history from the past like lots of Cs, institutional actions red flags, if you get a 3.0> in the program, >40%ile mcat and cause no problems you will get into LECOM?

@akumar29 - I have a few questions if you don't mind.
Do you know how many people went to LECOM-B from the post bac? What were your stats prior to LECOM post bac and after? Does LECOM give Bradenton campus priority to those post bac students who are from FL or does it matter more on grades?
Yes about 5 of us went to Bradenton campus (which is PBL only). Ill PM you my stats. Yes preference is give to those who are from FL, but I was not from FL and wanted to move to a nice area (sarasota is one of the best areas in the country). However, the first semester I had a good GPA so that might have factored in.

Last edited:
Yes about 5 of us went to Bradenton campus (which is PBL only). Ill PM you my stats. Yes preference is give to those who are from FL, but I was not from FL and wanted to move to a nice area (sarasota is one of the best areas in the country). However, the first semester I had all As except 1 class so that might have factored in.
That's so good to know - yes please PM me! Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

How difficult would you say the program is???
With consistent dedicated hardwork (studying everyday with focus), it is definitely doable. There were a few people who struggled despite studying quite a bit (this is only for anatomy and physiology). The rest of the classes are very different and just require you to sit down and memorize. But for the most part people who were serious about going to medical school got good grades and got in. So how difficulty the program is..is very relative. But personally, if study everyday with focus you should get a 3.0.

I should mention, it is a full time job. There are no day off except the night after the exam.

So is it true despite your academic history from the past like lots of Cs, institutional actions red flags, if you get a 3.0> in the program, >40%ile mcat and cause no problems you will get into LECOM?

MCAT was 23 for us not 40%ile. I cannot speak about the red flags and institutional actions. The administration and faculty take professionalism very seriously.

Well, I just found out I got in. I have some mixed feelings because I was dead set on another program and now I don't know what to do :arghh:

For those who have been accepted to the program, how do you plan on paying tuition???

My application status was changed today so now I'm just waiting for the letter. Hoping for good news

Hey guys, decided not to attend but good luck to all of you!

Hey guys, I turned in my LOR today via Interfolio e-delivery. How long does LECOM take to update their website to show they received my LOR?

Hey guys, I turned in my LOR today via Interfolio e-delivery. How long does LECOM take to update their website to show they received my LOR?

Wait until tomorrow when Jamie gets back to the office to update it and add it to your file.

How long did it take you guys to get the matriculation packet after you sent in the $50 deposit to reserve your seat? What about all the other emails like the background check info, financial aid, book list etc

Wayne State BMS. It's the program I will be attending!

i shouldn't be freaking out so much, but why hasn't my folder been updated that my LOR has been received. I sent it via e-delivery on inter folio yesterday afternoon and its been over 24hrs since i got the delivery notification. Should i just send them a paper copy of the LOR?

i shouldn't be freaking out so much, but why hasn't my folder been updated that my LOR has been received. I sent it via e-delivery on inter folio yesterday afternoon and its been over 24hrs since i got the delivery notification. Should i just send them a paper copy of the LOR?

Just send Jamie an email. I waited a week after my delivery notice with no update, emailed him, 20 mins after I hit send it was updated.

Anyone got a letter in the mail yet? I'm anxiously waiting

Sadly no :( I got rejected
Sorry to hear that, I think if you are able to improve your application and apply early for next year, you will have a much better chance of getting in. Do you think you can PM me your stats? I haven't gotten a reply from them yet, so I want to compare and see how I fare.

Yes about 5 of us went to Bradenton campus (which is PBL only). Ill PM you my stats. Yes preference is give to those who are from FL, but I was not from FL and wanted to move to a nice area (sarasota is one of the best areas in the country). However, the first semester I had a good GPA so that might have factored in.
@akumar29 would you mind PM me your stats?

My decision was finally made today, I called Jaime so he could tell me the decision and he informed me he usually doesn't tell people over the phone but yeah they rejected me. I'm guessing i got rejected because I applied so late (late july).

Does anybody know when the application cycle opened up in 2014? I would like to apply for the 2016-1017 cycle and was wondering when that application opens up. Thanks!

Does anybody know when the application cycle opened up in 2014? I would like to apply for the 2016-1017 cycle and was wondering when that application opens up. Thanks!

App was first available early to mid January. Good luck!

Hey all just curious...
With a 3.32 cum gpa and a 3.6ish science gpa and an upward trend of a 3.8 in the last 3 semesters and a 3.5 gpa in the last 120 credits, do I have a good chance to get into the post bacc program at lecom...??
I took microbio, anatomy and physio 1 and 2, molecular cell bio, psych courses.
Do I have a chance to get in?
I also plan and will do my best to get a good mcat, above a 60 or higher %ile.

Its open now. But applications probably not received until early jan.

I stand corrected. Looks like they're opening apps up earlier this year. Nice. Get your stuff in as early as you can!

I stand corrected. Looks like they're opening apps up earlier this year. Nice. Get your stuff in as early as you can!
But they don't review it till Jan. They always open the applications early.