LECOM-- Seton Hill Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veetee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A thread for accepted LECOM-SH students :D

Members don't see this ad.

Let's get this thing rolling! I'm going to send in my deposit in a few days. I guess we can wait for a few more people to find this thread before starting a Facebook thread.

Was accepted today!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted today!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!! :)

Congrats, Jezebell! Just saw your post in the pre-med forum, too. That deposit is a doozy, but boy, it's worth it XD I'm finding it hard to wait until fall to move over to Greensburg....

im so excited!! i really can't even wait! where are you coming from?

im so excited!! i really can't even wait! where are you coming from?

The other side of PA-- about a 5-hour drive (which is gorgeous). Trying to decide if I want to move when my lease is up (in April) or in the summer. Where are you coming from?

I'm coming from Long Island I think I'll start looking for an apartment in April/May

Hey, I got into PBL-E but just wanted to know why you all choose Seton Hill becuase I might want to switch!! Also, just wanted to know if there are older students at Seton Hill than Erie

Hey, I got into PBL-E but just wanted to know why you all choose Seton Hill becuase I might want to switch!! Also, just wanted to know if there are older students at Seton Hill than Erie

First, congrats on your acceptance! :D

Seton Hill was a better fit for me, personally. I've heard horror stories (both from the Seton Hill crew as well as from people actively in PBL at Erie) about how bureaucracy takes a much larger role over at Erie. The essential message I received was that, while the programs are identical, the farther from Erie you are, the happier you'll be. With that said, I'm -certain- that there are people who prefer the Erie campus over the Seton Hill one. For my part, I've been to both campuses, and I like pretty much everything better over at Seton Hill... but I'm just scratching the surface, so far.

As to whether there's older students or not... the best I can find is that the average age of each campus is 25.

got my acceptance today! so excited!!

does anyone have any idea how many people have been accepted thus far?

got my acceptance today! so excited!!

does anyone have any idea how many people have been accepted thus far?

Congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing you in the fall!

I have -no idea- how many people have been accepted so far... I was actually thinking about that recently. It's rough to guess, since I don't know how many people who applied at Erie actually end up at Seton Hill, or even how many interviews Seton Hill does by itself... hm.

Congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing you in the fall!

I have -no idea- how many people have been accepted so far... I was actually thinking about that recently. It's rough to guess, since I don't know how many people who applied at Erie actually end up at Seton Hill, or even how many interviews Seton Hill does by itself... hm.

thank you!

and good question...no ideas. i interviewed at seton hill myself.

another random question: do you guys know any specifics about the dress code? i need to give my parents some ideas for christmas shopping :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Shirt and tie for guys, nice blouse for ladies. From what I understand, they're a little more lenient with the ladies' dress code, but guys absolutely must have a dress shirt an tie.

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm currently a student at Seton Hill.

Ladies dress code= no cleavage, no spaghetti straps, no T-shirts or shorts (unless it's OMM day), no denim, no see-through sheer blouses, no spandex, no-mini-skirts, no pants that outline and grip your butt.

Shoes: closed toe (leather riding boots are okay) with either socks or hose.

Basically, buy 3 nice complete outfits that you'll use as your school "uniform." None of us are rich enough to have a whole closet full of that stuff. :)

Accepted several days ago and sending in my deposit tomorrow! Congrats everyone!

Congrats everybody! I was accepted to Seton Hill back in November! Submitted my deposit and everything so I am ready to go! Been trying to have as much fun as I can since everyone I know that went into Med School told me to enjoy my life as much as I can right now, haha.

I can't wait to see and meet everyone! Thanks to all those who posted the general information about campus! Going to start looking for housing probably March/April!

Hi guys, :cool:

As mentioned before, I'm a current MS__ here at Seton Hill. I noticed a few of you posted in the Facebook LSH group page asking what you should do to prepare for classes; good for you, you want to be prepared!! :thumbup:

I wanted to answer you on FB, but thought this straight-shooting advice would best be suited for SDN. :naughty:

Everyone will say to you, "Oh take this time to go on vacations and have adventure, because when you start, you won't be able to!."

People told me this too a long time ago.

Unless you are coming from an affluent background and plan on trekking around Africa, Europe, Bali, and having a Swedish massage every single day of the summer before you start classes, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO PRO-ACTIVELY "STORE UP" RELAXATION AND ENERGY FOR MED SCHOOL. lol Nothing. :eek:

So for me, moving to Greensburg and just "hanging out" and waiting for classes to start equated to a big WASTE of time.

What would have been a smarter, more productive use of my time was giving myself an edge before I started. I wanted to do this, but stupidly let people talk me out of it.

Your schedule in med school starting from day one will be equivalent to taking 30 credit hours in a senior semester at undergrad college. Don't take my word for it, YOU WILL BE TOLD THIS DURING ORIENTATION :) Even those of you with tasty science backgrounds will feel overwhelmed every single day (which is normal for a med student) --not because of the content of your subjects, but because of the pace.

For those of you who have never seen a certain science topic before, you will feel EVEN MORE overwhelmed than normal.

Everyone here at LECOM (and most med schools in the country) will agree that THE MOST DIFFICULT class we've got is Anatomy. You may have taken an "anatomy" class during your third or fourth year in undergrad, but this Anatomy will be like nothing you've seen before. It has a TRILLION more detail and at the end of the course, you will take a National Shelf Exam (produced by the same people who write Board Exams) and it will count as your Anatomy final exam.

There is a nice little caveat. Remember back in undergrad where you could have an "A" in a class and during finals week you calculate you "only need" a 37% on the final exam to keep your "A"? Those days are OVER :laugh:

In med school, a typical final exam is worth 40-60% of your final grade. And they're cumulative. And in the case of Anatomy, if you fail the final exam (National Shelf), you fail the whole class (regardless if the failed final still results in you having a passing grade in the class overall).

:eek::scared:

Now, don't freak out. These things you get used to and you eventually adjust to medical school life. :thumbup: But if nobody tells you these things, it can come as a psychological shock. I don't want you guys to be psychologically shocked. I care about my little underclassmen :love:

So. What should you do? Like several of my wonderful colleagues over on the FB LSH page recommended: review your anatomy. Or maybe you've never head anatomy in undergrad (it ISN'T a pre-med prerequisite, after all): take this coming summer and LEARN ANATOMY.

Unless LECOM decides to change things, here is the Anatomy textbook you will be using: http://tinyurl.com/ame26ol

(you will also have an interactive DVD to use for your lab, but that can wait).

Buy your Anatomy textbook and READ CHAPTERS 2 (the back), 6 (lower limb), and 7 (upper limb). These will comprise your first Anatomy test. From the time school starts, you will only have 20 days to memorize everything in these three chapters.

If you want the biggest hand-up for your first test (worth 1/3 of your grade), have at least all the origins & insertions of all the muscles, innervations, ligaments, and blood supply to the upper and lower limbs memorized like the back of your hand before school starts.

I'm serious.

One more thing. During orientation week, the professors will have a panel of four or five upperclassmen come and speak during a Q&A. They will be chosen to speak because they are the top of their respective classes and most will probably hold some kind of Officer position. They will tell you what they do to succeed, and give you advice. They are nice people. But they have no idea what is best for YOUR best interest, because the top 10% of a medical school class sadly does not represent the majority of their medical school class.

Why not?

Because people come from different backgrounds. For example, one officer in particular has 8 years of post-graduate medical education under his/her belt before she/he came to LECOM. What does that mean to you? It means that this person has seen this same medical school subject matter 4 or 5 times before--when the majority of the class hasn't even seen it once.That officer had better get an "A" in these classes with such a background.

It will come as no surprise that people like this will have more success than 80% of their peers. These sorts of people will have PLENTY of free time to do extra-curricular activities like volunteering, and officer positions, and holding Q&A. And they'll be involved in sports clubs and a million other things! These people are indeed very bright, caring, and hard-workers, but I wish they would expound more on their background before they start talking to impressionable MS1's. Many of them offered you suggestions on the FB LSH page...

Just realize that the top 5-10% do not correctly academically represent most of you.That's normal. Most of you will not have the luxury of only needing to study 6.5 hours a day in medical school to get an "A." Most of you will not have the luxury of only needing to read your 40 chapters of PBL only twice each to pass your PBL test. Most of you will not have the luxury of being ever asked to hold a Q&A session for your underclassmen when the time comes... Most of you will not have the luxury of "doing nothing" to prepare for classes starting later this year.

The point is, do what's best for you. If that means a different strategy than the next guy, so be it! If anyone has a problem with it, they don't matter! Don't let anyone EVER make you doubt what you find works for you, academically. Most of you will get your fair share of A's and become successful doctors and save many lives.

LECOM is a great school and once again, congratulations.

Sincerely,
X

Hi guys, :cool:

As mentioned before, I'm a current MS__ here at Seton Hill. I noticed a few of you posted in the Facebook LSH group page asking what you should do to prepare for classes; good for you, you want to be prepared!! :thumbup:

I wanted to answer you on FB, but thought this straight-shooting advice would best be suited for SDN. :naughty:

Everyone will say to you, "Oh take this time to go on vacations and have adventure, because when you start, you won't be able to!."

People told me this too a long time ago.

Unless you are coming from an affluent background and plan on trekking around Africa, Europe, Bali, and having a Swedish massage every single day of the summer before you start classes, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO PRO-ACTIVELY "STORE UP" RELAXATION AND ENERGY FOR MED SCHOOL. lol Nothing. :eek:

So for me, moving to Greensburg and just "hanging out" and waiting for classes to start equated to a big WASTE of time.

What would have been a smarter, more productive use of my time was giving myself an edge before I started. I wanted to do this, but stupidly let people talk me out of it.

Your schedule in med school starting from day one will be equivalent to taking 30 credit hours in a senior semester at undergrad college. Don't take my word for it, YOU WILL BE TOLD THIS DURING ORIENTATION :) Even those of you with tasty science backgrounds will feel overwhelmed every single day (which is normal for a med student) --not because of the content of your subjects, but because of the pace.

For those of you who have never seen a certain science topic before, you will feel EVEN MORE overwhelmed than normal.

Everyone here at LECOM (and most med schools in the country) will agree that THE MOST DIFFICULT class we've got is Anatomy. You may have taken an "anatomy" class during your third or fourth year in undergrad, but this Anatomy will be like nothing you've seen before. It has a TRILLION more detail and at the end of the course, you will take a National Shelf Exam (produced by the same people who write Board Exams) and it will count as your Anatomy final exam.

There is a nice little caveat. Remember back in undergrad where you could have an "A" in a class and during finals week you calculate you "only need" a 37% on the final exam to keep your "A"? Those days are OVER :laugh:

In med school, a typical final exam is worth 40-60% of your final grade. And they're cumulative. And in the case of Anatomy, if you fail the final exam (National Shelf), you fail the whole class (regardless if the failed final still results in you having a passing grade in the class overall).

:eek::scared:

Now, don't freak out. These things you get used to and you eventually adjust to medical school life. :thumbup: But if nobody tells you these things, it can come as a psychological shock. I don't want you guys to be psychologically shocked. I care about my little underclassmen :love:

So. What should you do? Like several of my wonderful colleagues over on the FB LSH page recommended: review your anatomy. Or maybe you've never head anatomy in undergrad (it ISN'T a pre-med prerequisite, after all): take this coming summer and LEARN ANATOMY.

Unless LECOM decides to change things, here is the Anatomy textbook you will be using: http://tinyurl.com/ame26ol

(you will also have an interactive DVD to use for your lab, but that can wait).

Buy your Anatomy textbook and READ CHAPTERS 2 (the back), 6 (lower limb), and 7 (upper limb). These will comprise your first Anatomy test. From the time school starts, you will only have 20 days to memorize everything in these three chapters.

If you want the biggest hand-up for your first test (worth 1/3 of your grade), have at least all the origins & insertions of all the muscles, innervations, ligaments, and blood supply to the upper and lower limbs memorized like the back of your hand before school starts.

I'm serious.

One more thing. During orientation week, the professors will have a panel of four or five upperclassmen come and speak during a Q&A. They will be chosen to speak because they are the top of their respective classes and most will probably hold some kind of Officer position. They will tell you what they do to succeed, and give you advice. They are nice people. But they have no idea what is best for YOUR best interest, because the top 10% of a medical school class sadly does not represent the majority of their medical school class.

Why not?

Because people come from different backgrounds. For example, one officer in particular has 8 years of post-graduate medical education under his/her belt before she/he came to LECOM. What does that mean to you? It means that this person has seen this same medical school subject matter 4 or 5 times before--when the majority of the class hasn't even seen it once.That officer had better get an "A" in these classes with such a background.

It will come as no surprise that people like this will have more success than 80% of their peers. These sorts of people will have PLENTY of free time to do extra-curricular activities like volunteering, and officer positions, and holding Q&A. And they'll be involved in sports clubs and a million other things! These people are indeed very bright, caring, and hard-workers, but I wish they would expound more on their background before they start talking to impressionable MS1's. Many of them offered you suggestions on the FB LSH page...

Just realize that the top 5-10% do not correctly academically represent most of you.That's normal. Most of you will not have the luxury of only needing to study 6.5 hours a day in medical school to get an "A." Most of you will not have the luxury of only needing to read your 40 chapters of PBL only twice each to pass your PBL test. Most of you will not have the luxury of being ever asked to hold a Q&A session for your underclassmen when the time comes... Most of you will not have the luxury of "doing nothing" to prepare for classes starting later this year.

The point is, do what's best for you. If that means a different strategy than the next guy, so be it! If anyone has a problem with it, they don't matter! Don't let anyone EVER make you doubt what you find works for you, academically. Most of you will get your fair share of A's and become successful doctors and save many lives.

LECOM is a great school and once again, congratulations.

Sincerely,
X

Now THAT's some solid advice. Thanks for taking the time to give it!

It's pretty over the top advice. It's medical school, it's going to be more information than you've ever had to take in at once. The analogies you've heard are true (especially the pancake one). But if you stick to it and put in the time, there's no reason you can't make it through.

Don't worry about the anatomy shelf exam. A passing grade is two standard deviations below the national mean (which translates to about the bottom 2% of medical students in the country), and there are many schools around the country that require their students to take it but don't use it for grading, which means that they don't study for it or even just mark "C" for everything. You'd probably have to suffer some kind of traumatic brain injury the night before to fail the course because of it.

I'm not against doing some kind of anatomy pre-studying. I'd recommend it for certain students in certain situations. But I didn't even "have at least all the origins & insertions of all the muscles, innervations, ligaments, and blood supply to the upper and lower limbs memorized like the back of your hand" on the day of that test, much less before the semester started, and I'm doing pretty well in medical school. If you settle in and do the work, you'll make it through.

I also think coming to the area around school early and getting to know my classmates before we got into the thick of things was one of the best things I did.

It's pretty over the top advice. It's medical school, it's going to be more information than you've ever had to take in at once. The analogies you've heard are true (especially the pancake one). But if you stick to it and put in the time, there's no reason you can't make it through.

Don't worry about the anatomy shelf exam. A passing grade is two standard deviations below the national mean (which translates to about the bottom 2% of medical students in the country), and there are many schools around the country that require their students to take it but don't use it for grading, which means that they don't study for it or even just mark "C" for everything. You'd probably have to suffer some kind of traumatic brain injury the night before to fail the course because of it.

I'm not against doing some kind of anatomy pre-studying. I'd recommend it for certain students in certain situations. But I didn't even "have at least all the origins & insertions of all the muscles, innervations, ligaments, and blood supply to the upper and lower limbs memorized like the back of your hand" on the day of that test, much less before the semester started, and I'm doing pretty well in medical school. If you settle in and do the work, you'll make it through.

I also think coming to the area around school early and getting to know my classmates before we got into the thick of things was one of the best things I did.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. :mad: Big-talk from people who down-play the frequent horrors of transitioning into medschool. I'm doing pretty well in med-school too, but I've had friends--bright, amazingly hard-working, intelligent people close to me-- suffer some incredible self-doubt and shock that affected their first semester's academic performance BADLY because they were totally in the dark as what to expect. And they weren't glass-blowing majors in undergrad.

It can be tough to recover from a devastating first grade, not only because of the psychological effects but because of the playing "catch-up" which is nearly impossible for something like Anatomy, which builds upon previous material and relationships.

Great for you, buddy. I'm glad you're doing good now. And that you're proud that you barely knew the material for your first Anatomy test--good for you also! Some people would like to do better than that. As far as the Shelf, some people also would be happier being a little higher than "the bottom of 2% of medical students in the country."

It's not your place to pronounce judgment on people who dislike suprises, people who need some practice (like a summer's worth) memorizing the equivalent of 1.5 month's worth of undergrad college material in the first 5 days of med school. There's plenty of students who've been out of school for a few years, considering the average age of LECOM students is the mid-20's.

I'm offering this advice for people who need it, or would like it.

The people who are interested, unless they have a picture painted for them, might not even have known that they are interested. But now they've seen the picture. Let the new students look at the material, read the Anatomy chapters I specified, see how long it takes them to memorize those very important structures, and DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES WHAT THEY CONSIDER SOUND ADVICE.

They don't need some upperclassman already insinuating that they're "brain-dead" if they don't do exactly what you did. :mad:

There'll be plenty of time for beers and camaraderie and you guys of 2017 will form close friendships with each other, I'm sure. Quite possibly, over a few beers as you pre-study :cool:

Last edited:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. :mad: Big-talk from people who down-play the frequent horrors of transitioning into medschool. I'm doing pretty well in med-school too, but I've had friends--bright, amazingly hard-working, intelligent people close to me-- suffer some incredible self-doubt and shock that affected their first semester's academic performance BADLY because they were totally in the dark as what to expect. And they weren't glass-blowing majors in undergrad.

It can be tough to recover from a devastating first grade, not only because of the psychological effects but because of the playing "catch-up" which is nearly impossible for something like Anatomy, which builds upon previous material and relationships.

Great for you, buddy. I'm glad you're doing good now. And that you're proud that you barely knew the material for your first Anatomy test--good for you also! Some people would like to do better than that. As far as the Shelf, some people also would be happier being a little higher than "the bottom of 2% of medical students in the country."

It's not your place to pronounce judgment on people who dislike suprises, people who need some practice (like a summer's worth) memorizing the equivalent of 1.5 month's worth of undergrad college material in the first 5 days of med school. There's plenty of students who've been out of school for a few years, considering the average age of LECOM students is the mid-20's.

I'm offering this advice for people who need it, or would like it.

The people who are interested, unless they have a picture painted for them, might not even have known that they are interested. But now they've seen the picture. Let the new students look at the material, read the Anatomy chapters I specified, see how long it takes them to memorize those very important structures, and DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES WHAT THEY CONSIDER SOUND ADVICE.

They don't need some upperclassman already insinuating that they're "brain-dead" if they don't do exactly what you did. :mad:

There'll be plenty of time for beers and camaraderie and you guys of 2017 will form close friendships with each other, I'm sure. Quite possibly, over a few beers as you pre-study :cool:

I am a seton hiller as well, and think your advice is a bit over the top...I did more than fine in anatomy and did zero pre-studying, neither did any of my friends who all did well. We did not cover 1.5 months of upper division college science material in 5 days at any point first semester. I agree that its a giant adjustment, the pace we get through the material is intense and first semester will make or break quite a few people in the first year, but I think students would be better served figuring out how they study/learn most efficiently then trying to memorize x y and z in Grays. You should probably slow down on making anatomy sound like the hardest class in med school- its not even close.

Uh, "barely knew the material for your first Anatomy test"? No. You've told them to memorize everything they need to know for their first exam before their first day of school. I've never heard anyone claim you should do this much pre-studying, and the general consensus on SDN is to do no pre-studying. Like I said, I'm not against pre-studying, certain situations and certain students would benefit from it (I did a little myself), but not to the extent you suggested.

My comments about the shelf were in response to your fear-mongering that you fail the course if you fail the shelf. You're not going to fail the shelf. Just about everyone sees their grades go up from it.

I agree that they should know that they're in for the most intense academic experience they've had. I think just about every female student I know has broken down and cried about it at least once. Like I said, it's medical school: the rumors are true, and it's unlikely they'd realize that covering this much information was even possible.

Just like you, I'm providing advice. I'm not sure why you're so against it when it's more in-line with what the majority of medical students say. And your hostile response doesn't exactly lend support to your position.

And two minor points: knowing the exact origin, insertion, innervation, and blood supply of the arm, leg, and back isn't important information like you seem to be saying. Just about everyone is going to forget lots of those details, including most fantastic physicians. You'll know it, forget it, relearn it for the COMLEX and USMLE, then forget it again beyond what you need to be a clinician.

If they fail the anatomy shelf, there's a serious lack of knowledge, and they don't deserve to advance. It's not difficult to pass, thus my joke about suffering a brain injury.

If you're going to pre-study with the intensity you're suggesting, don't waste your time socializing and drinking as you do it, it's inefficient. And if you were to suggest going so hard core as to memorize all the material for the first exam prior to starting school, you will be labeled by your classmates. I'd keep it to myself that I was doing that if I chose to go that route.

I think students would be better served figuring out how they study/learn most efficiently then trying to memorize x y and z in Grays.

Exactly my point. This is the essence of transitioning into medical school. You realize that everything you learned how to do, in the way of study skills, in undergrad is worthless.

The sad part about it is that you learn it only after med school classes have begun and your grades plummet.

As in the case of my couple friends, their problem wasn't that they didn't know x y and z. Their problem was that they didn't know how to learn x y and z in a short amount of time, and they only started experimenting after classes started when the clock was already ticking. They would have really benefitted (and me too to an extent!) in taking the summer prior to experiment with that.

I've given details on what we cover for the first exam in Anatomy, the timeline in which we do it, and people can go run and play with that for a personal hand-up.

Anatomy is by far the hardest class for most people starting out (except for Surgery club members? :D) and all clinicians I've ever encountered agree with that (again, come to think of it, except for surgeons!).

you will be labeled by your classmates.

How would you know? Tell me, what are you favorite labels you've given to classmates?

As long as I wasn't doing anything malicious or purposely sabotaging or belittling someone else, I'd say the average student is spending too much money in student loans to not do what is best for them.

That's my last post on this subject.

How would you know? Tell me, what are you favorite labels you've given to classmates?

As long as I wasn't doing anything malicious or purposely sabotaging or belittling someone else, I'd say the average student is spending too much money in student loans to not do what is best for them.

That's my last post on this subject.

I think you've misread me completely. I'm not labeling anyone; I don't care. I agree, it's important to do well, and I work hard in reflection of that. But you'll certainly be called a "gunner" for doing much less than what you've suggested, and probably be regarded less kindly if you were to learn everything for the first test before even going to orientation.

As long as you're a team player and willing to work with your classmates for their benefit as well as your own, those labels will probably be mostly joking. My class has plenty of "gunners," but I don't think it's used by any of us maliciously. There are people in other classes who are very intense, however, and not in a good way, and people talk about and treat them accordingly.

Hello guys !

I got transferred to Erie in January 2013, so I have a Master bedrom in a 3br-Townhome to sublet in Greensburg,PA ,only 3 miles from Lecom Seton Hill , available now.Is anyone looking for an apartment during spring 2013 and more. I signed the lease until end of june 2013 and need someone to take over...it is huge,clean and fully furnished,Has it own private on-suite bath with seperate tub and shower.

The rent is $450/month plus 1/3 of the utilities (internet/cable/water/sewage/electricity: right now it is split three ways). If you would like to come look at the place, or have more questions, please contact me.

Sent in my deposit earlier this week, will be attending in the fall! Plan on heading out there from Philly in early July. Psyched!

Congratulations on the incoming class! I wanted to throw this out there-- I am a second year student at LECOM-SH heading off for rotations by the end of May. My landlord would be excited to rent to another LECOM student(s). Here is the scoop:

It's a 2 bed 1 bath town-home in a nice and quiet neighborhood. Also has a garage. $650 per month and does not include utilities (but these are pretty inexpensive). It has been a great place and I really recommend it to any couple (or good friends) that might be moving out here. The place is less than 10 minutes to the school (and I mean the parking lot of the school).

Message me if you might be interested and I will be happy to answer any questions-- about the apartment or school, or life.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back!

Congratulations on the incoming class! I wanted to throw this out there-- I am a second year student at LECOM-SH heading off for rotations by the end of May. My landlord would be excited to rent to another LECOM student(s). Here is the scoop:

It's a 2 bed 1 bath town-home in a nice and quiet neighborhood. Also has a garage. $650 per month and does not include utilities (but these are pretty inexpensive). It has been a great place and I really recommend it to any couple (or good friends) that might be moving out here. The place is less than 10 minutes to the school (and I mean the parking lot of the school).

Message me if you might be interested and I will be happy to answer any questions-- about the apartment or school, or life.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back!

Address?

When is a good time to look for housing? I've been looking online, but most units are available in March or April, and I don't want to move until mid-July. Also the earliest I can make it to Greensburg is end of May, which I'm worried will be too late to sign a lease. Thoughts?

HI Everyone!

For those accepted at Seton Hill - How long did it take you to hear back after your interview? Did you receive a phone call or a packet in the mail? I interviewed on Jan. 24th and have not received any communication yet. Please let me know! Thanks!!

When is a good time to look for housing? I've been looking online, but most units are available in March or April, and I don't want to move until mid-July. Also the earliest I can make it to Greensburg is end of May, which I'm worried will be too late to sign a lease. Thoughts?

I feel like, with a ton of LECOM folk coming in and out of the area around July, there's gotta be a fair amount of housing that opens up that month. Just not advertising it yet.

HI Everyone!

For those accepted at Seton Hill - How long did it take you to hear back after your interview? Did you receive a phone call or a packet in the mail? I interviewed on Jan. 24th and have not received any communication yet. Please let me know! Thanks!!

I interviewed on a Thursday, they made a decision the next Wednesday, and I found out that following Monday via a letter in the mail. Not really a packet-- 2 sheets of paper.

I wouldn't worry just yet about the delay. I'd heard somewhere that they were backed-up by a couple of weeks. Did your portal change?

I'd heard somewhere that they were backed-up by a couple of weeks. Did your portal change?

Thanks so much. I checked the portal again and now it says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." AHH!!

Thanks so much. I checked the portal again and now it says "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." AHH!!

There we go :) Now the twitching can officially commence!

There we go :) Now the twitching can officially commence!

Oh god, so true! I'm at work and now can't wait to go home and check mail.. **good news hopefully**

Just got the mail!! Accepted! So excited!!!

Hey folks! I got my acceptance letter January 14th! I'm excited to meet everyone this summer. I went ahead and added our class group on Facebook so hopefully I'll get the chance to chat with some of you before making the move to Greensburg.

I don't have an issue with the dress code, I worked in the real world, but what if i showed up in jeans and a T-shirt due to unforeseen circumstances? Would I be told to go home? Less extreme example: forgot my tie?

I don't have an issue with the dress code, I worked in the real world, but what if i showed up in jeans and a T-shirt due to unforeseen circumstances? Would I be told to go home? Less extreme example: forgot my tie?

Both you will be going home, put an extra tie in your trunk for this.

If there are any ms3 or 4's reading this Im looking to gain some insight into rotations at LECOM-SH. Any issue finding any? I read in Bradenton some students can't find obgyn rotations. I am fairly n00bish about how rotations work so please excuse any ignorance and educate me and I'm sure many of the other eager first years in this thread. I want to get the most out of my clinical experience, not get stuck in some $h!**y rotations, and hope to know what to expect with the help of someone who's been there and experienced, or is experiencing, it. Are there clearly low-quality or easy rotations that you can get stuck with or I guess choose if you are so inclined? Are they known and avoidable? Do you set up all of your rotations? Are they set up for you? Are you just picking from a list provided by LECOM? Is vacation rotation 4 weeks at once or 28 days throughout the year? Can you choose inpatient over outpatient and vice-versa? Are you having good experiences on your rotations? Doing procedures? Writing notes? Sitting around bored? PM me if you want to keep your opinions on the low-low, I would be very interested in talking further. Thanks!

If there are any ms3 or 4's reading this Im looking to gain some insight into rotations at LECOM-SH. Any issue finding any? I read in Bradenton some students can't find obgyn rotations. I am fairly n00bish about how rotations work so please excuse any ignorance and educate me and I'm sure many of the other eager first years in this thread. I want to get the most out of my clinical experience, not get stuck in some $h!**y rotations, and hope to know what to expect with the help of someone who's been there and experienced, or is experiencing, it. Are there clearly low-quality or easy rotations that you can get stuck with or I guess choose if you are so inclined? Are they known and avoidable? Do you set up all of your rotations? Are they set up for you? Are you just picking from a list provided by LECOM? Is vacation rotation 4 weeks at once or 28 days throughout the year? Can you choose inpatient over outpatient and vice-versa? Are you having good experiences on your rotations? Doing procedures? Writing notes? Sitting around bored? PM me if you want to keep your opinions on the low-low, I would be very interested in talking further. Thanks!

I'm not sure how many of them are on here, but they seem pretty open to answering questions on the facebook page. I would definitely like to hear more about this as well!

Hey, MS-2 here. I can't tell you exactly about the "quality" of the rotations personally obviously, I can let you know what my ms-3 friends have said but honestly that's not that important from where you are right now (mostly good things/good experieces). EVERY class has had it different in choosing rotations, the formula for success is to get placed in the "right" group-you have no control over this, or choose a good 13 site, which all happens leading up to rotation picking in the fall of ms-2.
A 13 is a site where you can do all of your rotations at one hospital-typically bigger hospitals, many with residency programs. You get 4 weeks of vacation in 3rd year and 4th year, plus you get vacation time around the holidays (thanksgiving and christmas).

There is no issue in finding rotations, there is an abundance of them. The people in Bradenton I can't speak for but if they want to come North they choose rotations after all of us (erie+seton hill) have chosen ours. Still I believe there is more rotations then students to fill them, now the quality of all of these isn't the same. You can choose inpatient vs outpatient on electives and selectives-but this isnt really possible for cores-these are all hospital based, YOU setup your own family med, selective, elective rotations (5 total 3rd year) and at least in 3rd year you choose a 13, or end up choosing cores from a list that LECOM provides. "Bad" rotations are known, and can kind of be avoided-but no one (except 13ers) get exactly what they want, do not think your rotation schedule will be perfect, it wont be, give and take and prepare yourself for last minute changes, sh#t happens.

Hey, MS-2 here. I can't tell you exactly about the "quality" of the rotations personally obviously, I can let you know what my ms-3 friends have said but honestly that's not that important from where you are right now (mostly good things/good experieces). EVERY class has had it different in choosing rotations, the formula for success is to get placed in the "right" group-you have no control over this, or choose a good 13 site, which all happens leading up to rotation picking in the fall of ms-2.
A 13 is a site where you can do all of your rotations at one hospital-typically bigger hospitals, many with residency programs. You get 4 weeks of vacation in 3rd year and 4th year, plus you get vacation time around the holidays (thanksgiving and christmas).

There is no issue in finding rotations, there is an abundance of them. The people in Bradenton I can't speak for but if they want to come North they choose rotations after all of us (erie+seton hill) have chosen ours. Still I believe there is more rotations then students to fill them, now the quality of all of these isn't the same. You can choose inpatient vs outpatient on electives and selectives-but this isnt really possible for cores-these are all hospital based, YOU setup your own family med, selective, elective rotations (5 total 3rd year) and at least in 3rd year you choose a 13, or end up choosing cores from a list that LECOM provides. "Bad" rotations are known, and can kind of be avoided-but no one (except 13ers) get exactly what they want, do not think your rotation schedule will be perfect, it wont be, give and take and prepare yourself for last minute changes, sh#t happens.

MUCH appreciated post, thank you!

Will be matriculating to Seton Hill for c/o 2017. Excited to meet you all--is there a FB group?