LECOM Top 200 Meds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mouse2562

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We received an email from the school saying there will be a test the second week of class over the top 200 drugs, and that all the information we need to know is on the APhA club flashcards... which won't be available until the week before the test.
I would like to start studying the medications earlier than the flashcards will be available, and I can do so with flashcards and books from online. However, I would like a clearer idea of what they are expecting us to know. Does anyone know what kind of information they are likely to ask about?
I have some flashcards, but I've noticed considerable variation in the lists of "Top 200" medications, and I'm just hoping this set of cards matches fairly closely to those they want us to know.
My cards have: brand name, generic name, class, method of action, diagnosis typically used for, and common side effects.
Has anyone here taken this and know whether all of that will be needed on this first test or whether it will be just brand/generic/class (most of the LECOM drug flashcards I've seen on quizlet just have brand/generic/class)?
Also, does anyone know where they are likely to get their list of "Top 200" medications?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I can't be of more help... this whole thing seems like a huge waste of time to me making you rote memorize 200 drugs in the first week of school most of which you aren't going to hear about again for months... just my 2 cents

Survivor DO

We received an email from the school saying there will be a test the second week of class over the top 200 drugs, and that all the information we need to know is on the APhA club flashcards... which won't be available until the week before the test.
I would like to start studying the medications earlier than the flashcards will be available, and I can do so with flashcards and books from online. However, I would like a clearer idea of what they are expecting us to know. Does anyone know what kind of information they are likely to ask about?
I have some flashcards, but I've noticed considerable variation in the lists of "Top 200" medications, and I'm just hoping this set of cards matches fairly closely to those they want us to know.
My cards have: brand name, generic name, class, method of action, diagnosis typically used for, and common side effects.
Has anyone here taken this and know whether all of that will be needed on this first test or whether it will be just brand/generic/class (most of the LECOM drug flashcards I've seen on quizlet just have brand/generic/class)?
Also, does anyone know where they are likely to get their list of "Top 200" medications?

From what I heard it's brand/generics/class/dosage forms but I may be wrong.. That's what I've been looking at anyway.

Last edited:
I went to LECOM (Erie) and they provided us with the list, and we had weekly quizes. What we were tested on was brand, generic, indication, and class.. That was 3 years ago for me, so I don't know if it's changed but it was pretty simple. The top 200 don't change significantly throughout the years so you can probably just google top 200 of 2012, or look at a naplex review book like ashp or Kaplan. They usually have top 200 in the back of the book