legacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrJosh9788

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering how much legacy plays into a decision. My grandfather and uncle both went to yale undergrad. then, my gpa was a surgeon at yale nh for years. he is placed o a plaque in the hospital for idk what. does this increase my chance of admission to yale med at all?

Members don't see this ad.

i was just wondering how much legacy plays into a decision. My grandfather and uncle both went to yale undergrad. then, my gpa was a surgeon at yale nh for years. he is placed o a plaque in the hospital for idk what. does this increase my chance of admission to yale med at all?

I hear legacy is really really really big at Ivy League med schools

The legacy factor varies, but even at top tier schools it is probably a minor-moderate consideration. It certainly helps, but it cannot make up for sub-par stats and poor lor's, ps, and experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
It may or may not be enough to overcome your poor typing ability. idk i jst no lik 2 reed bad spelilng

it definitely helps. at worst, it gives them an indication that you are more likely to matriculate if you are accepted.

It may or may not be enough to overcome your poor typing ability. idk i jst no lik 2 reed bad spelilng

Wait....but arn't U used 2 dat in Keeentuuuuuuuuucky?????!!!!
:smuggrin::laugh::smuggrin::laugh:
I kid I kid I kid

legacy should get you an interview, but after that i can't imagine it plays much into the process, unless large sums of money are involved. yale DOES need an international airport, after all...