Legally Change My Name

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnsonWang

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first post here and it's a bit of an oddball question. I'm the son of immigrants who wasn't given a legal middle name at birth. I was also recently accepted into a program (which I am beyond stoked about!) and was hoping to legally give myself a middle name before matriculation; I was told it would be more difficult to do so after medical school and I just want to get it out of the way. Would this have any impact on my acceptance? I'm just afraid that my name in their database will be different than my legal name which could slow down financial aid processing or worse.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
You’re already accepted. Email the school, don’t ask the forum

Reactions: 1 users
You'll generally just have to give legal proof of name change to update official documents. For a name change that will likely be a declaration from a judge in your locality that confirms your changes name. You'll send out copies of this everywhere to update your Social Security, DL, etc, and any work or school you're involved with.

Reactions: 2 users
You'll generally just have to give legal proof of name change to update official documents. For a name change that will likely be a declaration from a judge in your locality that confirms your changes name. You'll send out copies of this everywhere to update your Social Security, DL, etc, and any work or school you're involved with.
I just legally changed my name and this is what I did.

Reactions: 1 users