Program-Specific Info / Q's Lenoir Rhyne 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTETH

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Making a thread for those who have also applied to Lenoir Rhyne. Please post stats, acceptances, waitlist decisions, etc. We should be hearing this week!!

University: Western Carolina University
Major: Recreational Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.54
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 1st time - V-147, Q-151, AW-4.0
2nd time - V- 151, Q-149, AW-4.0

Extra-Curric: Phi Mu Sorority & Krop Coordinator, Child Care provider for child on autism spectrum, Certified Recreational Therapist, CPR Adult & First Aid

OT Observation hours: 48- pediatric outpatient
13- inpatient rehab
21.5 - schools sytem
46.5- outpatient orthopedic
16 - behavioral health

Volunteer or other experience: 500 hour student internship in inpatient physical rehab, clinical hours in geriatric setting, hours as camp counselor at autism camp, volunteer at brain injury camp, VA Hospital, University Participant program for college students with disabilities.... i have a lot from various settings these just to name a few

I also applied to Winston Salem State, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, and Georgia state but have not heard back from any yet. Leonor Rhyne is my #1 choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Update: I just got an email that I was waitlisted :/ hopefully not too far on the list. Anyone else have a decision?????

I was accepted to the Columbia Campus, and waitlisted for the Hickory Campus. I am touring Columbia on Friday, and if I like it, I will take myself off the waitlist for Hickory.

Does anyone know how much tuition is?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to the Columbia Campus, and waitlisted for the Hickory Campus. I am touring Columbia on Friday, and if I like it, I will take myself off the waitlist for Hickory.

Does anyone know how much tuition is?
From my understanding I believe it’s around $50,000 for the two years

Reactions: 1 user
I got my acceptance into the Columbia Campus yesterday!

I was accepted into the Columbia cohort on Tuesday and wait listed for Hickory!

Quick question! I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but is Both the Columbia and Hickory OT programs Accredited?

Both campuses are hosting an open house this Friday and Saturday, anyone planning on going?

Just got a call that I was accepted off the waitlist!!! I will be attending LR

Just got a call that I was accepted off the waitlist for the Columbia cohort!! Yay so excited! Is there a Facebook group?

Yes wondering the same thing.^ I applied to LR and was curious how everyone was liking it.

Do you have to be Christian to attend LR?

Update: I just got an email that I was waitlisted :/ hopefully not too far on the list. Anyone else have a decision?????
I got waitlisted too! I sent an email to find out more information about how their waitlist works and hopefully to see if they can tell me where I am ranked on the list, but no one has gotten back yet.