Program-Specific Info / Q's Lenoir Rhyne OT 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purplegold86

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided that I am officially going here. Anyone else officially decided too? Also are there any current students who can share their experiences there?

Members don't see this ad.

I put down my deposit, but I am still waiting for ECU's waitlist. But more than likely attending LR.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have decided on LR too! Hoping to see information regarding summer class schedule soon! Is anyone considering trying to work while going to school?

Has anyone toured the campus or program? I'm trying to make a visit to Hickory this weekend to start apartment hunting

Has anyone toured the campus or program? I'm trying to make a visit to Hickory this weekend to start apartment hunting
I went to an info session and they said that all OT students have the option to live on campus (for free) in a dorm the first summer and then thats a good way to meet people and find housing.
I'm on the waitlist so who knows, but that was cool!

I went to an info session and they said that all OT students have the option to live on campus (for free) in a dorm the first summer and then thats a good way to meet people and find housing.
I'm on the waitlist so who knows, but that was cool!

Oh wow! That is pretty neat. Good luck to you and I hope you get in!!

Oh wow! That is pretty neat. Good luck to you and I hope you get in!!

That is what I am planning to do. Live in the dorm for free for the summer semester then get an apartment in the fall with people I would meet in the cohort

That is what I am planning to do. Live in the dorm for free for the summer semester then get an apartment in the fall with people I would meet in the cohort

Me too! Has anyone heard any information about class days or times for the summer? I figured we would hear soon so we could get our books. It's only two months away :shrug:

Me too! Has anyone heard any information about class days or times for the summer? I figured we would hear soon so we could get our books. It's only two months away :shrug:
I emailed Emily and she said we should here within the next few weeks. Does anyone know about their programs "reviews" from other OTs? I know they have a 100 percent pass rate. But I have heard from one OT that their hospital didn't accept LR students for field work because they weren't prepared and were terrible. This was about 10 years ago so I'm sure the program has changed. Also was curious if they taught splinting or any other techniques that larger schools have

I emailed Emily and she said we should here within the next few weeks. Does anyone know about their programs "reviews" from other OTs? I know they have a 100 percent pass rate. But I have heard from one OT that their hospital didn't accept LR students for field work because they weren't prepared and were terrible. This was about 10 years ago so I'm sure the program has changed. Also was curious if they taught splinting or any other techniques that larger schools have

I've talk to a couple of OTs who go/went to lenoir rhyne and had positive things to say about the school. That is concerning that a hospital does not accept LR students for field work though. I'm not 100% sure but I think they do teach splinting though.

I have decided on LR too! Hoping to see information regarding summer class schedule soon! Is anyone considering trying to work while going to school?
I would like to, but not sure that is going to be possible.

Reactions: 1 users
I've heard they are already taking 35 students at the Hickory campus which is kind of concerning to me. It's campus is small compared to others along with its staff size. But best of luck to you!! I wish I would have gotten off the waitlist at ECU and gave you my spot lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about registering for classes, financial aid etc? I got the housing application for the summer but that is about it and they are asking questions about the amount of hours that I am taking

Has anyone heard anything about registering for classes, financial aid etc? I got the housing application for the summer but that is about it and they are asking questions about the amount of hours that I am taking

I know that we are taking 12 hours in the summer- I'm just not sure how those 12 hours are split up between the different summer sessions. I emailed the guy back about student housing and told him that we did not have our student ID's and have not been able to register for classes yet so there was no way that we could attach a copy of our registration for summer classes like the application requires.. He said that it was fine, that he is familiar with OT students and that we should go ahead and submit our application.

Does anyone know which classes we take for which summer session? I was just curious

Does anyone know which classes we take for which summer session? I was just curious
Went to an info session about 7 months ago and was given the curriculum obviously things may change. With that being said, not sure how accurate the following is...
Summer 1
OCC 503 Principles of Occupational Therapy (4 hours)
OCC 574 Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Movement Analysis (4 hours)
OCC 584 Applied Neuroscience for Rehab (4 hours)

Hey guys! I am currently waiting to hear back from LR and was wondering how y'all liked it, advice, etc!

Got a waitlist email today

Hopefully we are pretty high on the list. I emailed Emily to ask if she could disclose my rank so we will see.
Okay lemme know! I’ll probably email her as well!

I got my acceptance email to the Columbia Campus yesterday!