Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Less Applications this year???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by The Fly, Sep 20, 2001.

1. The Fly

The Fly Senior Member

First off, I have no idea and am simply asking:

-As a result of the complete absurdity of this process (i.e. AMCAS and their superb handling of our applications), are there less
    total applications this year as a percentage of prior years???

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member

Well, I can give you some anecdotal evidence. I interviewed at one of the UT's last week and at least four or five people told me they didn't do AMCAS applications because it was too much of a pain (only did Texas schools).

I doesn't hurt Texas residents too much because only one Texas school (Baylor) is AMCAS.

4. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    The number of applicants to med school has been decreasing nearly every year since it peaked in '95 or '96, so it would be tough to tell whether or not any decrease this year would be due to AMCAS or other extraneous reasons.

5. DNALadder2002

DNALadder2002 Senior Member

We know one thing for certain: this year's applicants will have things to say in ten years, reminescing of AMCAS and their wonderful idea of going online!