Less than 2 weeks to go, What should i do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NJMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please someone ...what's the best way to study down the stretch. I have completed UWorld. Is it worth doing the incorrect questions over? or just read FA again? Should I read Goljan??? or anything else....

Please advise

Members don't see this ad.

Hi NJMD,

I would recommend going over FA once more, doing incorrect questions in UW, and completing the rest of the NBME forms that you haven't done. I only used these three resources in the last few weeks before my exam, and I think it worked well for me.

-Pollux

@Pollux, I think NJMD wanted to prioritize between those vs "do them all." Of course, if you can, definitely get through all of them. However, I would prioritize going through first aid again, then NBME forms, then incorrect qs. At this point, it's all about exposing yourself to information you didn't see in those first 3-6 wks. As I mention in my [removed], I thought going through FA again in great depth that last week was great. It may seem contradictory, but there's so much in there that you'll actually both expose yourself to new stuff and strengthen what you already know.

-Scrub

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pollux, I think NJMD wanted to prioritize between those vs "do them all." Of course, if you can, definitely get through all of them. However, I would prioritize going through first aid again, then NBME forms, then incorrect qs. At this point, it's all about exposing yourself to information you didn't see in those first 3-6 wks. As I mention in my , I thought going through FA again in great depth that last week was great. It may seem contradictory, but there's so much in there that you'll actually both expose yourself to new stuff and strengthen what you already know.

-Scrub

Sorry, I just assumed that 2 weeks would probably be enough to cover them all. In terms of prioritizing, however, I would probably go with NBME first, FA second, and incorrect questions from UW third. NBME first because many of the exam questions are very similar to the NBMEs, with regard to content, style, and format.

By the way, your blog looks very interesting. I'll going to bookmark it for later reference. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
a variation of pollux's advice, and this is untested as I am in the same boat: D-day: 2-12-09!

Look at your NBME exams. Review the weaknesses QOD. Say your bars in cardio, renal, micro and heme-onc were at or below the grey zone. Review renal and cards on odd days, and micro and heme-onc on even days. Repeat until test day. Work those weaknesses these last two weeks, and look forward to when this will all be over!

Thanks for the advise guys. Pollux, thanks for your PM, I will also incorporate those notes as well as which you had referenced.

I hadn't considered reviewing the NBME forms, I will add that in to my studies as well as continuing to do FA, of course.

The biggest challenge now is staying motivated and putting in the long hours. I have become bored of the same routine. I guess just gotta keep on keeping on.

First things 1st, get off messaging forums :).