Let's make a Pact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to the 4-year program, I believe.

Members don't see this ad.

Today I received an interview invite by e-mail from RCSI (choices were Mar. 27 and Mar. 28 in Toronto, Ontario).
When did they start interviewing in Toronto? I didn't apply to Surgeons back in my day (long, long ago in 1997) largely due to two things:

1) the interview for Surgeons was in NYC
2) tuition was sooo much more than the others (well, I guess somethings don't change :D)

I was given an interview for the 6 year, in response to your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did they [RCSI] start interviewing in Toronto? I didn't apply to Surgeons back in my day (long, long ago in 1997) largely due to two things:

1) the interview for Surgeons was in NYC
2) tuition was sooo much more than the others (well, I guess somethings don't change :D)

In case this was directed at me, I can't comment (I have no idea).

Anyone else know the answer?

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! :D :D :D :D :D

My only disappointment is that the interviews are in NY and I live in Ontario so I'm a bit far.

lol you think that's far? I'm in vancouver...:mad:

omg how did you get in already? the interviews are in March!

Yeah, how did you get in already if the interviews are in March?? Do you mean you got an interview for the 6-year program?

That pisses me off. I better get one soon, dammit. It's Feb 28!!!! :D

I am sure that the interviews are coming along. The Jan. scores were finally released. :thumbup:

You'd know if I heard from UCD, because I'd either be posting a ridiculously obnoxious happy post or a ridiculously obnoxious sad post.

Hey all I got my rejection from RCSI this week, and I didn't take the mcat so UCC sent me regection as well. I know it will all be well. Lets HOPE so:cool:

I was told that they received a lot of apps this year than usual, so my guess is that the screening might be tight.

Members don't see this ad :)
At this point,I'm sure I'm voicing similar thoughts out there but I just wish I had an answer from one of these schools, even a rejection letter...at least I would be outta 'limbo land' and can switch to alternate plans.:( Okay, I'll throw away the violin and tissues, good luck to everyone out there!!:)

Whoah Whoah! I didn't get accepted yet. I meant to say that I got an interview for RCSI. I was responding to a question about whether other 6-years got an interview.

Yeah, that's what I thought. The confusion came when you said that you "got in" at RCSI; usually, that means you were accepted. Anyway, good luck with your interview! :luck: I'm hoping I come home to either an interview invite or a UCD acceptance/rejection by the end of this week. That may be wishful thinking, but I'm living on a prayer right now (thanks, Bon Jovi!).

Exciting update: Today, I received....nothing. Hurray.

For the people attending RCSI now...how do we know if we are selected for the 4-year GEP or the 5/6 year program?

If you have a BS/AB and the MCAT, does that automatically qualify you for the GEP?

Anyone from the west coast got an invitation to interview yet? If so, are you a graduate or not?

Well RCSI officially said 'I don't think so... maybe next time' today as I received the big Rejecto-mundo letter today.

With two down I'm less than optimistic for the other two.

But whatever, I've got few other things I've been wanting to get going on, but have been holding back because of the med school apps.

I guess I don't mind being a front-line emergency worker. Not too shabby at all!

I just think what all those potential docs are missing, then cry myself to sleep...:laugh:

FireMed

Hey rayne101 and evanston,

I'm on the West Coast too, doesn't look like anybody has had an interview invite over here yet...they should be in San Francisco...

Well RCSI officially said 'I don't think so... maybe next time' today as I received the big Rejecto-mundo letter today.

With two down I'm less than optimistic for the other two.

But whatever, I've got few other things I've been wanting to get going on, but have been holding back because of the med school apps.

I guess I don't mind being a front-line emergency worker. Not too shabby at all!

I just think what all those potential docs are missing, then cry myself to sleep...:laugh:

FireMed

Caution/neutrality can be a good thing. Then you will be nicely surprised when you get your acceptance offer.
:luck:

I am in California and still haven't heard from anyone yet either

Sorry, FireMed. Don't be too "less than optimistic"; you never know what will happen.

On a related note, I guess they've moved on to other areas for interviews, but I haven't heard one way or the other. :confused: I hope they don't expect me to wait until May or June, because that ain't happenin'.

I just received a UCC rejection letter:thumbdown:

It stings a little

Hey rayne101 and evanston,

I'm on the West Coast too, doesn't look like anybody has had an interview invite over here yet...they should be in San Francisco...

what I don't get is why I have to go all the way to NY for an interview when they have one scheduled for Toronto...I checked their site

So, I have a bit of an update. I called ABP today because I figured it's probably too late for me to get invited to interview in March. He told me that the invites for the first round of interviews (in New York) are done, but that if you haven't been rejected at this point, you're in good shape. Once they interview for the first round, if they don't fill up the class, you'll almost certainly get an invite for the second round.

He also told me that UCD could be sending out responses as early as next week. So, that's cool too.

That alleviates some of my anxiety. I'm pretty okay now, just a bit anxious about UCD.

Hey, just a question. do they send the rejection letters by email or regular mail? just want to know what format its comming in.

Hey, just a question. do they send the rejection letters by email or regular mail? just want to know what format its comming in.

UCC sends it by email and RCSI sends it by regular mail, at least that's how I received mine. Not sure about others.:thumbdown:

"If they don't fill up the class"? Hmmm...there are only 25 spots for NA students in the 4-yr program....

UCD next week!!! :luck:

So, I have a bit of an update. I called ABP today because I figured it's probably too late for me to get invited to interview in March. He told me that the invites for the first round of interviews (in New York) are done, but that if you haven't been rejected at this point, you're in good shape. Once they interview for the first round, if they don't fill up the class, you'll almost certainly get an invite for the second round.

He also told me that UCD could be sending out responses as early as next week. So, that's cool too.

That alleviates some of my anxiety. I'm pretty okay now, just a bit anxious about UCD.

Good to hear. Glad you're feeling less worried. I think that you are in good shape---ie, no news is good news.
I have not heard anything since the painful RCSI rejection. I guess one of the things I find so desirable about the school is the GEP.
:laugh: On the other hand, a rejection feels a little personal even though there are many, many qualified applicants that have impressed the adcoms.
Oh well, :luck:

:laugh: I've been the same way---hogging the mail and refreshing my email when I get home. Never know when an overseas email might fly through :eek:

Question: by "responses", do you mean positive responses or still some rejection letters???
:thumbup: or :thumbdown:
just curious.

Good to hear. Glad you're feeling less worried. I think that you are in good shape---ie, no news is good news.
I have not heard anything since the painful RCSI rejection. I guess one of the things I find so desirable about the school is the GEP.
:laugh: On the other hand, a rejection feels a little personal even though there are many, many qualified applicants that have impressed the adcoms.
Oh well, :luck:

Yes, so true. The M.D.s I know keep telling me by saying that the med school admissions process is just a 'crapshoot'.

Yes, so true. The M.D.s I know keep telling me by saying that the med school admissions process is just a 'crapshoot'.
Indeed it is. Some deny it, but connections help (in the U.S.) or anywhere for that matter.

one more note. I just read of a student on the pre-allo forum who got a 41T and has a 4.0 and did not get accepted into any of the 20 or so U.S. schools to which he applied. Sounds unreal to me.....:confused:

Yes, it can and sadly, it does happen...:( M.D. I work with told me he had a 3.2, 33P and he still got into his state med school, no connections either. But he carries himself very well and I imagine he probably did awesome in his interviews:rolleyes:

Docolive and McDuck,

When you guys called did he mention anything about Trinity?
So far there has been a void of conversation about trinity.

Docolive and McDuck,

No, I have not heard anything from/about Trinity yet. Judging by the acceptances thread from previous application cycles, it seems that applicants will be notified by mid-March or so. At least that's what it looks like. :luck:

Question: by "responses", do you mean positive responses or still some rejection letters???
:thumbup: or :thumbdown:
just curious.

He was referring to acceptances or rejections, so that's exciting. :luck:

NewVintage said:
Docolive and McDuck,

I didn't apply to Trinity, so he didn't mention anything about it.

No emails as of yet. Excited, scared, and in need of study time after a pulled muscle!!! :luck: and hope to hear from you all today.

I'm still checking my email every couple of hours, even though I'm not expecting anything. :rolleyes: I hope you guys all hear good news today--remember, no news is good news. :luck:

So nervewracking...UCD offers out next week! :luck:

Yes, but what about Trinity??? Has anyone out there heard anything??? :confused: :confused:

Hey all,

I don't see any posting that someone got accepted or rejected at NUIG. Yet when I was applying at ABP I was told they are part of the program, but I hardly hear anything about them over here. What is the deal with NUIG?:confused:

I was going to apply to NUIG, but I never got around to it. If I had known they were part of the program, I probably would have, but I was under the impression that they were separate.

Nothing in the mail yesterday, but I already knew that. I'm assuming I won't get anything today either, since it would have to have been mailed out before I talked to ABP. I can't believe it's March already.

For those of you who have gotten things in the regular mail, does it come from the school, or does it come from ABP?

Hey all,

I don't see any posting that someone got accepted or rejected at NUIG. Yet when I was applying at ABP I was told they are part of the program, but I hardly hear anything about them over here. What is the deal with NUIG?:confused:

NUIG is not part of the ABP. That is probably why you have not seen any posts regarding NUIG. Hope you hear something from them soon :luck:

I was going to apply to NUIG, but I never got around to it. If I had known they were part of the program, I probably would have, but I was under the impression that they were separate.

Nothing in the mail yesterday, but I already knew that. I'm assuming I won't get anything today either, since it would have to have been mailed out before I talked to ABP. I can't believe it's March already.

For those of you who have gotten things in the regular mail, does it come from the school, or does it come from ABP?

McDuck;

Rejection letters come from ABP through the mail and for some schools forwarded by ABP through email.

Hope that helps

So, another weekend down without any news. Hopefully, with UCD sending things out as early as next week, we'll hear some good stuff. :luck:

Here's a shot I took tonight of the lunar eclipse to raise your spirits.

mass1wmooncopysmall.jpg