Hi everyone! I'm in a sticky situation and I want to do the right thing. In January I interviewed at a med school and loved it. I was sure I wanted to go there more than any other place so I sent them a letter of intent telling them they were my "top choice." In February they put me in on the waitlist and I felt really dissed so I decided to give up on it. They said I wouldn't know my position on the waitlist until May 15 and I didn't want to wait that long. I also felt I shouldn't go to a school that didn't really want me. I then sent a similar "top choice" letter to what was the #2 school on my list. I ended up getting in soon after and I'm grateful they accepted me. Since April though, I've become interested again in my first top choice school again. I've been looking at their website and reading up on it. I'm feeling the same excitement I did for it before, and so I guess it really is my top choice. I was just kinda hurt from the beginning that they waitlisted me. I think now I'd like to still try to get off their waitlist. I'm wondering: 1. The letters I wrote only said they were my "top choice." I never said anything about withdrawing other applications if I got in or that I would go if accepted. Does that technically make my letter a little "softer" than a true letter of intent and give me some wiggle room? 2. If I send a top choice letter to my waitlist school, my original top choice, that they are still my top choice, would that be unethical? Do I have an obligcation to attend my original second choice school because they accepted me after I told them they were my top choice? 3. I never intended to deceived anyone. Each time I wrote the top choice letter I was sincere at that very moment. I guess I should have taken longer to think things over. But I don't think I have any chance of getting into the true school of my dreams without telling them again they are my top choice. Sigh.....this is sticky. I don't want to get in trouble with either school and I feel I owe the school that accepted me something.