Letter of Intent - help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannagraduate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I just want to hold my place at a school, what do I say in my letter of intent?? Do I just outright say, "This is to hold my place." or do I have to actually say, "I accept this offer."

??? Please help! I can't get in touch with the admissions office right now due to the holidays, and I just received the notification yesterday...and it's due Monday!!

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

If you got accepted, you don't write a LOI, you just send it the deposit.
LOIs are for waitslisters to tell a particular school that they will definitely attende if accepted.

If you got accepted, you don't write a LOI, you just send it the deposit.
LOIs are for waitslisters to tell a particular school that they will definitely attend if accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
See, that's what I thought, but this is what the letter says:

"An acknowledgement, in writing, of your intent will be required from you along with a deposit of $100 to reserve your place in the class."

I just don't know what I'm supposed to say in this "acknowledgement". Thanks!

wannagraduate said:
See, that's what I thought, but this is what the letter says:

"An acknowledgement, in writing, of your intent will be required from you along with a deposit of $100 to reserve your place in the class."

I just don't know what I'm supposed to say in this "acknowledgement". Thanks!

Wow, that's weird. Just say in the letter what you liked about the school and that you're excited to get the offer and you'll attend. I can't imagine this being legally binding.

Just because they included "intent" in their wording does not mean you have to write a "letter of intent" as that phrase is understood here.

A sentence or two to the effect of "Enclosed please find my deposit... to hold my place... thank you" will suffice.