Letter of intent question - Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastairbender

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I had a question about sending in a letter of intent to Temple University. I haven't gotten an interview yet and have gotten into NYU. I was thinking about sending in a letter of intent to the Dean of Admissions, Brian Hahn. Personally, I am only deciding between the two schools - and if I were to get an offer from Temple, I would go there definitely for multiple reasons. In regard to Brian, based on an SDN post from 2005, someone sent him an e-mail asking about application status in March 2005 and apparently he responded a bit harshly (saying he's only a messenger/not involved with the admissions process - even though he is, and to pretty much not bother him). Naturally, if I were to send my letter of intent - stating Temple as my top choice (and mentioning things like having gotten all A's this past Fall semester) - I would send it to Brian. So the question - should I send it to him? There is also an Assistant Dean of Admissions, Beth Davis, who seems to be open (based on a quick analysis of her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/beth-da...me&authToken=mDUa&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-name). On her profile, she states that she also takes part in reviewing applications. So should I e-mail Brian, the "superior" Dean of Admissions, and risk a harsh reply - or should I e-mail Beth who has a higher probability of not being so harsh? Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

I legit sent an email to them on Friday but it was more of an update than a letter of intent. I just sent it to the email on their admission requirement website that says contact us if you have any questions about your application and I'm sure it will get sent to the right person. So I would suggest that but 2005 was also 12 years ago so hopefully he had changed lol. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Don't be scared of anyone or anything. Remember that you paid the application and supplemental fee to have your app reviewed so it's not like they're providing a free service (it's actually a robbery, but that's a different discussion).

Reactions: 3 users