letter of INTENT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mopmay1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would be an excellent format for a letter of intent.?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If I were to write a letter of intent to a school where I interviewed, would they know I don't already have an acceptance?

If I were to write a letter of intent to a school where I interviewed, would they know I don't already have an acceptance?

Probably. But even if they didnt the comittee will read your letter and then accept you. So you could be possibly the first ever to be accepted twice.:laugh:

The letter goes to admissions office and they put it into your file, the file is then read by the admissions comittee to dtermine the status of your acceptance. If you file was put on hold (ie. they werent sure to accept you but didnt want to reject you) then by the office needing to put the letter in your file, you file automatically gets put on top. Plus letters of intent also show alot of interest.

Not sure if you are talking about UCSF but I think they tell you to NOT send a letter of intent (at least when I applied).