Letter of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optometry_student

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, so I just recently submitted my app and for NECO it mentions that you need 2 from professors and 1 from an optometrist. I submitted my app without doubling checking and I have 2 from optometrists I have worked with and only 1 professor LOR. Do you think this will greatly affect my application and hurt my chances of getting in??

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine it would. If you do get an interview and accepted, I would imagine your acceptance would be on the condition that submit a 2nd professor letter so that your file is technically complete. This is just my speculation. Perhaps you should call NECO and see what they say if this question is paramount for you.

Hi all, so I just recently submitted my app and for NECO it mentions that you need 2 from professors and 1 from an optometrist. I submitted my app without doubling checking and I have 2 from optometrists I have worked with and only 1 professor LOR. Do you think this will greatly affect my application and hurt my chances of getting in??
I'm in the same situation. Let me know if you figure something out!