Letter of rec?

Started by tanu6784
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tanu6784

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm.. one of the people I am having give me a letter of rec is a mathematics teacher who I had probability and statistics for life sciences which is an upper level math class that incorportates math into medicine. Now most applications require two letters from science teachers. I have a biochemistry phd giving me one and this mathematics teacher.. .will they reject this letter?
 
Depends. AMCAS considered math as a science class. AACOMAS does not. So, I would say for MD schools math is a science (and thus a science LOR) and for DO schools math is not a science (and thus NOT a science LOR).

If in doubt, contact the schools you are applying to.