• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Letter of Recommendation Advice EMS

Hi all,
My first post, I really would like some advice. I have been working with an EMS service as an undergraduate. I only work night shifts, 18:00 - 6:00. I rarely interact with our administrative staff because I never work a day shift. Additionally, I have yet to have a stable partner.
Should I be expected to provide a letter of recommendation from this service? I have 6 other letters (2 science, 1 non-science, 1 PI/thesis supervisor, 1 Clinic volunteer coordinator, 1 Emergency Department volunteer coordinator)
I am concerned with the potential quality of a letter from this service, as not one single person there knows me very well. (I also study every moment I am not on a call/station chores, so I'm not often socializing at work!) Will not receiving a letter from this service be detrimental?

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not need an EMS letter.
Volunteer coordinator letters are not needed either
I understand that I don't "need" more than the minimum letter requirement, 3 letters. However, will not providing recommendation from one of my most significant medical-related experiences raise concern? Will it be detrimental?

About the Ads

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Verified Expert
  • Nov 4, 2011
    1. Attending Physician
      I understand that I don't "need" more than the minimum letter requirement, 3 letters. However, will not providing recommendation from one of my most significant medical-related experiences raise concern? Will it be detrimental?
      Those letters are not important.
      Just list them (and a contact) in your work and activities section.

Reactions: 1 user

Medic741

2+ Year Member
      Jan 18, 2017
      1. Medical Student
        Don't get LOR from service. Get one from an ED doc you work w. Work hard to build a good relationship with an ED doc in your area. Those relationships pay off in spades later on

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.