Letter of Recommendation Advice EMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi all,
My first post, I really would like some advice. I have been working with an EMS service as an undergraduate. I only work night shifts, 18:00 - 6:00. I rarely interact with our administrative staff because I never work a day shift. Additionally, I have yet to have a stable partner.
Should I be expected to provide a letter of recommendation from this service? I have 6 other letters (2 science, 1 non-science, 1 PI/thesis supervisor, 1 Clinic volunteer coordinator, 1 Emergency Department volunteer coordinator)
I am concerned with the potential quality of a letter from this service, as not one single person there knows me very well. (I also study every moment I am not on a call/station chores, so I'm not often socializing at work!) Will not receiving a letter from this service be detrimental?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not need an EMS letter.
Volunteer coordinator letters are not needed either
I understand that I don't "need" more than the minimum letter requirement, 3 letters. However, will not providing recommendation from one of my most significant medical-related experiences raise concern? Will it be detrimental?

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand that I don't "need" more than the minimum letter requirement, 3 letters. However, will not providing recommendation from one of my most significant medical-related experiences raise concern? Will it be detrimental?
Those letters are not important.
Just list them (and a contact) in your work and activities section.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't get LOR from service. Get one from an ED doc you work w. Work hard to build a good relationship with an ED doc in your area. Those relationships pay off in spades later on