Letter of Recommendation Advice EMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

7

753346

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
My first post, I really would like some advice. I have been working with an EMS service as an undergraduate. I only work night shifts, 18:00 - 6:00. I rarely interact with our administrative staff because I never work a day shift. Additionally, I have yet to have a stable partner.
Should I be expected to provide a letter of recommendation from this service? I have 6 other letters (2 science, 1 non-science, 1 PI/thesis supervisor, 1 Clinic volunteer coordinator, 1 Emergency Department volunteer coordinator)
I am concerned with the potential quality of a letter from this service, as not one single person there knows me very well. (I also study every moment I am not on a call/station chores, so I'm not often socializing at work!) Will not receiving a letter from this service be detrimental?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You do not need an EMS letter.
Volunteer coordinator letters are not needed either
I understand that I don't "need" more than the minimum letter requirement, 3 letters. However, will not providing recommendation from one of my most significant medical-related experiences raise concern? Will it be detrimental?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand that I don't "need" more than the minimum letter requirement, 3 letters. However, will not providing recommendation from one of my most significant medical-related experiences raise concern? Will it be detrimental?
Those letters are not important.
Just list them (and a contact) in your work and activities section.
 
Don't get LOR from service. Get one from an ED doc you work w. Work hard to build a good relationship with an ED doc in your area. Those relationships pay off in spades later on