Letter of recommendation from dentist. HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pooh29791

Dental Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a concern regarding to letter of recommendation from dentist. So I shadowed an orthodontist for 3 weeks last summer and revisit him for a day during winter break. I asked him if he can write for me a letter of recommendation and he said yes, but he needs me to send him my statement and my Resume to know more about me in person. I sent it to him a month later because I did not have my statement ready at that moment. I emailed it to him and resend twice but he does not reply me back or anything...I tried to call his office but he's always busy and I never get to talk to him directly...I wish I could come to his office but I currently live in CT and his office is in VA..(I'm from VA). Do you have any advice for me ..what should I do, because emailing him constantly may be very annoying. He's the only dentist I shadow more than 30 hours...Should I start shadowing at another dentist?
Thank you so much for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a concern regarding to letter of recommendation from dentist. So I shadowed an orthodontist for 3 weeks last summer and revisit him for a day during winter break. I asked him if he can write for me a letter of recommendation and he said yes, but he needs me to send him my statement and my Resume to know more about me in person. I sent it to him a month later because I did not have my statement ready at that moment.

Since it took you a month to get back to him, maybe he thinks there is no rush.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=792000