Letter of Recommendation help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blessedchild

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have been out of schools for 2 years now and therefore I cannot ask my professors to write me LOR b/c they don't remember me well. Instead I asked 2 dentists that I shadowed to write 2 LORs in replacement of professors'. Do you think that would be ok? has anyone been in this situation? Please let me know how to take care of this LOR problem. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

i hate to say it but i'm pretty sure when a school asks for a science professor LOR they require a science professor, and you cant substitute anyone in its place (unless its a committee letter at some schools...). I would just try to contact some old teachers you had contact with and see what you can get, you'd be surprised how willing some profs are to help. good luck

Hello everyone,
I have been out of schools for 2 years now and therefore I cannot ask my professors to write me LOR b/c they don't remember me well. Instead I asked 2 dentists that I shadowed to write 2 LORs in replacement of professors'. Do you think that would be ok? has anyone been in this situation? Please let me know how to take care of this LOR problem. Thanks!!!

a bunch of schools i applied to actually acked for 2 LOR from science professors. i would try to reconnect with some old professors or look into a taking class or two from a CC or evening program with reputable instructors that might be willing to help you out.