Letter of Recommendation Issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhiteBoard1111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone else experience an error message when trying to upload Req. Letters via Interfolio to the AACPMAS portal. (please view the Interfolio error message I received below)

Today I called the helpline and they stated that the req letter need to be uploaded by the recommender because a section of the application asked "how long have you know the applicant". Interfolio cannot fulfill the answer to that question nor is it legal for them to answer on the behalf of the letter written.

So it looks like AACPMAS Interfolion letter uploading is not efficient. Im assuming Il have to send each letter directly and separately to the school instead of AACPMAS.

Anyone else have experienced this???

Thank you,
Cheers

"Thank you for contacting Interfolio Scholar Services! Our support hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 6pm EST.

This email is confirmation that we have received your request and a member of our team is working to get back to you with an answer as soon as possible. Providing your name and the email address associated with your Interfolio account can help expedite your request.

For future reference, your case number is:

We do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible, but the best way to get immediate answers is to search our knowledge base at product-help.interfolio.com where you can find information on topics like:

• Requesting Letters of Recommendation
  • Attaching Letters and updating documents in your Application
  • Account and Delivery Costs
  • Uploading a Letter of Recommendation for an Applicant
  • Help for Faculty Search
  • Help for Review, Promotion and Tenure
  • Help for Faculty Activity Reporting
We hope this is helpful and, again, thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

Best,
The Interfolio Scholar Services Team"

Members don't see this ad.

Can't we just use interfolio to send out the letters i.e. give the addresses of the schools we want? Or does it have to go through the AACPMAs portal? Seems like a double step that's unnecessary...

I have used Interfolio last cycle. I heard some people are saying that AACPMAs is now the way. But I have no way of checking that. Check with your schools.

I sent LORs to individual schools though.

The way I understand it, is that you fill all the information in AACPMAS as if you would when requesting a letter directly from the writers. The only difference is email address. Instead of your writer's email address you write down the one provided by Interfolio.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the replies.

I just went forward and sent the letters directly to the school. Instead of AACPMAS.
I'm about to go and do that, was it easy to figure out where at each school to send the letters? Don't want to have them go to the wrong place/person!

I'm about to go and do that, was it easy to figure out where at each school to send the letters? Don't want to have them go to the wrong place/person!

Send them to the admissions email via Interfolio. That was my method and all schools received my letters.