Letter of Recommendation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nutter_butter

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

So I've been scribing for a doctor and he agreed to write a LoR for me, but the problem is that he might be retiring soon (in the next few weeks). I am planning to submit my app this cycle (May/June 2019). Is there a way he can write a letter for me and store it right now/if so, how? I don't think he'll want to check in much after he retires.

Any advice is appreciated.
 
Hi,

So I've been scribing for a doctor and he agreed to write a LoR for me, but the problem is that he might be retiring soon (in the next few weeks). I am planning to submit my app this cycle (May/June 2019). Is there a way he can write a letter for me and store it right now/if so, how? I don't think he'll want to check in much after he retires.

Any advice is appreciated.
Look in to interfolio. I already have every LOR I will use on file. One less thing to worry about come June.
 
Look in to interfolio. I already have every LOR I will use on file. One less thing to worry about come June.
Thanks! So if I have this right I just have to make an account and my letter writer makes an account, submits it, and then we're all good? Do I have to link it to my AAMC ID or something like that somehow?
 
Thanks! So if I have this right I just have to make an account and my letter writer makes an account, submits it, and then we're all good? Do I have to link it to my AAMC ID or something like that somehow?
Yes. The dossier is free. It is $50 for like 5 years to be able to actually send the letter (just a heads up)