• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Letter of recommendation requirements

premedtriguy

2+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
I am currently in the process of submitting my committee packet on AACOMAS. I know most schools have a requirement that one of the letter writers be either an MD or a DO, but does that mean that we needed to work with them in the clinical setting specifically? I have two letter writers that are MD/PhD's who I performed research with, but never shadowed clinically. Will these satisfy the requirements, or should I reach out to one of the physicians I shadowed a few years ago to see if they still have my letter on file?

zNoodlez

Handmade Noodle
Feb 19, 2020
Chinatown - Narnia
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I am currently in the process of submitting my committee packet on AACOMAS. I know most schools have a requirement that one of the letter writers be either an MD or a DO, but does that mean that we needed to work with them in the clinical setting specifically? I have two letter writers that are MD/PhD's who I performed research with, but never shadowed clinically. Will these satisfy the requirements, or should I reach out to one of the physicians I shadowed a few years ago to see if they still have my letter on file?
My only MD letter was from a retired research PI. I worked in his lab for about a year as a research assistant, never shadowed him clinically since he was retired. I had no trouble applying to DO schools that require MD/DO letter.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.