Letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohgee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know when do schools usually request letter of recommendation? lets say if I turn in the application this July?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Send your letters in WITH your application. It makes the process a lot easier. AADSAS will then forward a copy of each letter to each school. If you send everything together in July, as soon as each school gets your complete application and your individual school fee, they will review it. A good idea is to contact the schools you are applying to in advance and ask if they would like the application fee to be sent at the time you send AADSAS or when/if they send a supplemental application. If you get all of this done EARLY you will be in great standing for early interviews and Dec 1st acceptances!

How many letters of recommendation should you send in? I don't have a pre-dental committee so they will all be from individual professors.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as i know all dental schools want 3 leter of rec's ! but sometimes people send in 4.
Hope this helps

Check with the schools to see how many and what kind they require. It is better to send more than to send less or the wrong types. I had two science professors, a dentist, and a theology professor write mine. Then my advisor (also my science professor and the committee chairperson) sent the letters in a packet with a cover letter. The committee letter is not necessary, but if possible, it is a good thing to get. But again, more letters are better than less but I would not send more than 4 or 5. Make sure you ask people who know you and who can comment on your character, work ethic, desire to be a dentist, ability to succeed, etc

Thank you so much for your help.

Does Research letter count as science letter?
I research for Bio. and taking a research class for it, which was counted in my science GPA....

thanks...

A research letter would be great! and it would count as a science letter