1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Letter of recommendation

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ohgee, Apr 16, 2002.

1. ohgee

ohgee Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know when do schools usually request letter of recommendation? lets say if I turn in the application this July?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Regina330

Regina330 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Send your letters in WITH your application. It makes the process a lot easier. AADSAS will then forward a copy of each letter to each school. If you send everything together in July, as soon as each school gets your complete application and your individual school fee, they will review it. A good idea is to contact the schools you are applying to in advance and ask if they would like the application fee to be sent at the time you send AADSAS or when/if they send a supplemental application. If you get all of this done EARLY you will be in great standing for early interviews and Dec 1st acceptances!

4. GTchick

GTchick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How many letters of recommendation should you send in? I don't have a pre-dental committee so they will all be from individual professors.

5. negar

negar Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

As far as i know all dental schools want 3 leter of rec's ! but sometimes people send in 4.
    Hope this helps

6. Regina330

Regina330 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Check with the schools to see how many and what kind they require. It is better to send more than to send less or the wrong types. I had two science professors, a dentist, and a theology professor write mine. Then my advisor (also my science professor and the committee chairperson) sent the letters in a packet with a cover letter. The committee letter is not necessary, but if possible, it is a good thing to get. But again, more letters are better than less but I would not send more than 4 or 5. Make sure you ask people who know you and who can comment on your character, work ethic, desire to be a dentist, ability to succeed, etc

7. GTchick

GTchick Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you so much for your help.

8. ohgee

ohgee Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does Research letter count as science letter?
    I research for Bio. and taking a research class for it, which was counted in my science GPA....

thanks...

9. Regina330

Regina330 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

A research letter would be great! and it would count as a science letter