Letter of Recommendations? Non-science vs Science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lltegan

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do math professors count for non-science letters? Or should I use a freshman seminar professor as a non-science letter he is also my pre-med advisor so I'm sure I will get a good letter from him.
 
while BCPM for AMCAS is usually described as science, Math as well as engineering may or may not be seen as a non-science letter by some school or evaluators. I always advise applicants to have a "real" non science letter as in English, History, Social Science, Humanities, etc. I would not consider a letter from some one who is also a premed advisor as a non-science letter
Thanks for the advice!