letter of reference from clinical researcher?

Started by Pascal1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pascal1

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I'm a first year medical student thinking of doing a clinical research internship. My favourite residency program would be combined family medicine/internal medicine at the eastern virginia medical school (at least that's what I would choose now). So, I'm wondering if I should try to do the internship with a clinical researcher at the eastern virginia medical school and get a good reference from that researcher as well for residency application. The other option would be to do it at my home university. The advantage I see with the latter is that I could finish the project during term time if I didn't manage to finish it during the summer holidays ... that would make it a bit more likely that I could end up publishing my work? What would you do? Would a reference from a clinical researcher at the med school/hospital I wanna do my residency at be useful?
 
Hi!

I'm a first year medical student thinking of doing a clinical research internship. My favourite residency program would be combined family medicine/internal medicine at the eastern virginia medical school (at least that's what I would choose now). So, I'm wondering if I should try to do the internship with a clinical researcher at the eastern virginia medical school and get a good reference from that researcher as well for residency application. The other option would be to do it at my home university. The advantage I see with the latter is that I could finish the project during term time if I didn't manage to finish it during the summer holidays ... that would make it a bit more likely that I could end up publishing my work? What would you do? Would a reference from a clinical researcher at the med school/hospital I wanna do my residency at be useful?

Only if it is an MD or a DO and it can't be a Fellow... it must be an attending.