Letter of Update/Continued Interest Template

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinky123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could give me advice as I navigate writing update letters for programs I am really interested in and have not yet heard back from. I have gained about 600 hours of clinical experience since the time of my primary submission and have been actively involved with service as well. Since I maintained the same clinical position, I am wondering if it would be worth it to include in an update letter, and I would appreciate any thoughts on this. I was also wondering if any of you had any letter of update templates that you would be willing to share.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you include "expected hours" on your AMCAS app? I'm seeing a lot of applicants do that these days.

If so, no point in writing a letter.

If the schools don't know about this clinical experience though, it might be worth writing honestly. Other people will know more about this than me, I never wrote one for my app cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you include "expected hours" on your AMCAS app? I'm seeing a lot of applicants do that these days.

If so, no point in writing a letter.

If the schools don't know about this clinical experience though, it might be worth writing honestly. Other people will know more about this than me, I never wrote one for my app cycle.
I did include anticipated hours on my AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did include anticipated hours on my AMCAS.
Well, if your biggest change is more hours in an experience that already has anticipated hours on there, I don't really see what else you have to update schools about. So I wouldn't write a letter.

I know waiting is tough. Just trust the process. And spend time with friends and family while you aren't a stressed out med student/resdident.

Well, if your biggest change is more hours in an experience that already has anticipated hours on there, I don't really see what else you have to update schools about. So I wouldn't write a letter.

I know waiting is tough. Just trust the process. And spend time with friends and family while you aren't a stressed out med student/resdident.
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user