Letter of Update suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgeonUFO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been waitlisted at UVM, and since my AMCAS / Secondary application was turned in I've completed my EMT-B course, and become certified. I've also joined the local ambulance squad, and am regularly scheduled to run every Saturday for 12 hours as an EMT. I've taken my own patients, and have spent lots of time doing patient care, and improving my bedside manner (basically once I stopped being terrified of the patient, it came naturally). The squad likes me a lot and I get a lot of phone calls asking if I want to run with another team, so I usually run two 12 hour shifts a week. While I haven't run any "major" calls, we have a good deal of Code 1's, and I feel like I've gotten a pretty good feel for what goes on in a small ER.

I want to update UVM with this information (I've already email'd a letter of intent about a month ago), and was wondering if a) that is wise, and b) if it is, what I should include. I can go into more detail about what exactly I'm doing with patients, where I'm at with the squad, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been waitlisted at UVM, and since my AMCAS / Secondary application was turned in I've completed my EMT-B course, and become certified. I've also joined the local ambulance squad, and am regularly scheduled to run every Saturday for 12 hours as an EMT. I've taken my own patients, and have spent lots of time doing patient care, and improving my bedside manner (basically once I stopped being terrified of the patient, it came naturally). The squad likes me a lot and I get a lot of phone calls asking if I want to run with another team, so I usually run two 12 hour shifts a week. While I haven't run any "major" calls, we have a good deal of Code 1's, and I feel like I've gotten a pretty good feel for what goes on in a small ER.

I want to update UVM with this information (I've already email'd a letter of intent about a month ago), and was wondering if a) that is wise, and b) if it is, what I should include. I can go into more detail about what exactly I'm doing with patients, where I'm at with the squad, etc.

Yes, it is very significant and go into as much as detail as possible when describing it. Good luck.