Letter Question

Started by bla_3x
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bla_3x

Grip it and rip it!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was until VERY recently, dead-set on EM as field. I have a letter from an EM doc that I rotated with wiich is very, very good.
However, in it it states things such as ....Mr X is applying to your EM residency program, ...alway scurrent on EM literature, ...would be an asset to the ED, etc.
Will this look bad?
Should I state something in mypersonal statemet regarding wantin to go into EM until May of MSIII?
How could I make this work??

Thanks!
 
bla_3x said:
I was until VERY recently, dead-set on EM as field. I have a letter from an EM doc that I rotated with wiich is very, very good.
However, in it it states things such as ....Mr X is applying to your EM residency program, ...alway scurrent on EM literature, ...would be an asset to the ED, etc.
Will this look bad?
Should I state something in mypersonal statemet regarding wantin to go into EM until May of MSIII?
How could I make this work??

Thanks!

So you have seen your recommendation letter🙂

Is there a chance your reference can rewrite it? If not, and it's a glowing letter, it can probably still be used. You can later say you changed your mind; the point is it's a good letter and many skills and characteristics apply in rads just as they do in EM.